+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: A few thoughts.....

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: A few thoughts.....

FFA is such an idiot!
    I was not slamming coach Summitt, I have great hope for Tyler and his staff, but was pointing out that if we have not signed anyone at this point then we will definatly be looking at the left overs, left overs if they are planning on signing anyone to add to the class of 2014-15!
    And yes, he will hear plenty of the Momma's boy and names before he actually proves himself on his own merit!
    For petes sake as one article pointed out he could not even buy a beer 2 years ago!
    Tyler is definatly what the locals will love as a head coach for the Techsters and I feels he brings a great mind set and great winning attitude to the team!
    I also feel he was handed a great team to work with and will be very successful with this team that fell into his lap!
    Now will that make him a great coach NO, but will adding TOP signee's
    translate into continued success, YES... Then you have a great coach!

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

Here's the thing, if they don't end up signing anyone in the late signing period, is that a failure? I don't think so. He's already stated that he only wants to recruit players who will benefit the team and have good character, not just fill a roster spot. By the time this coaching staff got here, most of the good players would have been scouted and heavily recruited by other programs. I'd LOVE to see another strong big come in, but it just might not happen until next year when they've had time to really find someone who will fit.

The previous coaching staff brought in some talented players. If he can win this year with those players then Spoon should definitely get some credit. With that being said, he should get a ton of credit too for getting more out of the players than the other staff was able to and/or being able to better fit his game plan around the strengths of his players.

Whatever happens, I'm excited about the positive buzz around this program right now. I'm excited for the energy that is building going into the season. I'm REALLY excited to see what the returning players can bring to the court this season.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by kj77 View Post
    Here's the thing, if they don't end up signing anyone in the late signing period, is that a failure? I don't think so. He's already stated that he only wants to recruit players who will benefit the team and have good character, not just fill a roster spot. By the time this coaching staff got here, most of the good players would have been scouted and heavily recruited by other programs. I'd LOVE to see another strong big come in, but it just might not happen until next year when they've had time to really find someone who will fit.

The previous coaching staff brought in some talented players. If he can win this year with those players then Spoon should definitely get some credit. With that being said, he should get a ton of credit too for getting more out of the players than the other staff was able to and/or being able to better fit his game plan around the strengths of his players.

Whatever happens, I'm excited about the positive buzz around this program right now. I'm excited for the energy that is building going into the season. I'm REALLY excited to see what the returning players can bring to the court this season.
    agree 100%!
    And the fact we will be adding Wingate to that mixture of Techsters as well as the talented in-coming class of Freshman! I am very excited about the up-coming year

for the techsters!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent analysis, earns ya some green!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Total agreement with BlindDog and kj! Great posts!

I am very excited about this coming year. I did hear Tyler in an interview stating that they were looking at someone in Georgia right now, but don't have any details. Like both of you stated, he should have some improved play just from our current roster.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

T-Spoon is gone. Sonny D is gone. W Bush is gone. Etc.

None of them should get the blame or credit. It's a new era with new leadership. Time to move onward and upward.

Varsity Bulldog kj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nicekj77 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    T-Spoon is gone. Sonny D is gone. W Bush is gone. Etc.

None of them should get the blame or credit. It's a new era with new leadership. Time to move onward and upward.
    True...my point was more toward the comments that have been made about anyone being able to come in and have a phenomenal season because of the team that Spoon's put together. My thoughts are that if we have a great year, she should be recognized as having found the players, but the new coaches should get most of the credit for utilizing the talent in a way that makes the team successful.

How many folks plan to come out and watch the home opener this season?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

True...my point was more toward the comments that have been made about anyone being able to come in and have a phenomenal season because of the team that Spoon's put together. My thoughts are that if we have a great year, she should be recognized as having found the players, but the new coaches should get most of the credit for utilizing the talent in a way that makes the team successful.

How many folks plan to come out and watch the home opener this season?
    No way I would miss it or the men's!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    OK, so all I had to do was go back ONE page to back up what I said about you slamming Summitt. Deny it all you want, but here it is. YOU called Summitt a "momma's boy" and said maybe he was "too busy being a media star to actually find any suitable recrutes (which is how you spelled recruits)". You can say that wasn't a slam. You can say it all you want.

Please change your name from BLIND Dog to DUMBASS dog. It would be more fitting.
    You know that BlindDog is actually, literally blind, right?

Maybe you should cut him slack on the spell check.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    You know that BlindDog is actually, literally blind, right?

Maybe you should cut him slack on the spell check.
    I would say that he needs to cut everyone some slack on calling people "dumbass" and other names. We are all Techster fans and Blinddog is one of the best fans out there. We all like him and the support he has given to Tech. No need to turn on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I would say that he needs to cut everyone some slack on calling people "dumbass" and other names. We are all Techster fans and Blinddog is one of the best fans out there. We all like him and the support he has given to Tech. No need to turn on each other.
    we all know that FFA is going to be calling someone here names
    if he or it, posts at all!
    Just assume it be me, rather any of my friends on the bord here!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    we all know that FFA is going to be calling someone here names
    if he or it, posts at all!
    Just assume it be me, rather any of my friends on the bord here!
    I am a favorite target, as well. Doesn't matter to me, either. He has to go after someone.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Hmm. First things first: I was not mocking BD for misspelling "recruits." I copied and pasted it the same way he did and pointed out why I did that. Mocking someone for anything other than being an idiot or a hypocrite is not something I do. I poke at postings that I find completely absurd, misinformed, or hypocritical (like most of Champ's). Champ the person is not a target (contrary to his perception). It is his opinions or (perhaps better choice of words) lectures that I enjoy picking apart.

Blind Dog posted what he posted. That is fact. I reposted it to demonstrate why I said what I said. He and Champ then respond with the fact that I need to give Blind Dog a break and give everyone a break from posting my (from their vantage point) negative opinions.

The answer is no. This is a forum. You may say what you want. So may I. Now. **** off.
    You need a nap.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I believe BlindDog put FFA on ignore so he doesn't get his rants. I started to do the same thing, but some of his stuff is really funny. Not in the class of "Calvin and Hobbs", but entertaining.

+ Reply to Thread