+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: UTEP and Rice Talking to MWC

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: UTEP and Rice Talking to MWC

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    As I posted earlier in this thread, you do it now in order to have options. Proactive rather than reactive.
    Yes but you can do it with teams that increase the size of the pie. Why invite Houston who just takes away from what you already have yet gives you nothing you lack?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Rice, UTEP being mentioned as Mountain West discusses expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    See what KSDawg said. It's very important that Tech has a presence in DFW, and North Texas provides that platform for us since SMU isn't an option right now. We have a relatively large alumni base in DFW for which playing North Texas provides opportunities for alumni engagement, and it's an easy trip down the interstate for other alumni. DFW is a hotbed for recruiting athletes, and competing against UNT helps us recruit those athletes. It also helps us recruit future students because DFW is central to Tech's strategy to boost our enrollment. I think all of that is far more important to Tech's future than Southern Miss' damaged reputation.

North Texas has everything they need to be successful. UNT has plenty of money, large enrollment, great demographics, strong recruiting base, excellent facilities, phenomenal band, good conference fit, and decent academics. Lack of success due to bad hires is the only thing I see that's holding them back. I think UNT has a strong president but probably needs a new AD. It shouldn't take long for the Mean Green to get things rolling again.
    My family and friends (non-Tech friends who otherwise would NEVER see us live) love coming with me to Tech games vs. UNT. Basketball and Football. (They need a baseball program, so does SMU) Would I rather it be SMU/TCU?? Of course. But until that's an option I want to be associated with a school that's roughly 20 min's North of me. This is one of the rare times I can point out my favorite players to my UT, TCU, Baylor and A&M friends and brag on our programs.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Yes but you can do it with teams that increase the size of the pie. Why invite Houston who just takes away from what you already have yet gives you nothing you lack?
    Just to clarify. I believe that many of the Big 12 Presidents want to move now before the Big 10 inevitably expands. But I don't think Big 12 expansion - if it's just 2 - includes Houston. Eventually, the Longhorn Network will become the Big 12 Network. They will need new markets.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Just to clarify. I believe that many of the Big 12 Presidents want to move now before the Big 10 inevitably expands. But I don't think Big 12 expansion - if it's just 2 - includes Houston. Eventually, the Longhorn Network will become the Big 12 Network. They will need new markets.
    The UT Horns will screw this up all over again. They just aren't bright. I guess too much $$ makes them dumb as a knothole.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    The UT Horns will screw this up all over again. They just aren't bright. I guess too much $$ makes them dumb as a knothole.
    They're smart, but I believe too much pride.

Varsity Bulldog LeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the rough

UT doesn't want another in state team, so yeah, UH can kiss that goodbye.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Just Add Cincy as a travel partner for WVU & LA Tech! (Do I sound like a UL-L fan? )

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LeggoDawgs View Post
    UT doesn't want another in state team, so yeah, UH can kiss that goodbye.
    That is if UT and OU stay in the B12.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    That is if UT and OU stay in the B12.
    They've signed away Grant of Rights in contracts that will be almost impossible to break. The problem for both of them is something McMurphy pointed out several months ago when Cowherd suggested on his show that Oklahoma might leave for the SEC.

Most of the Big 12 schools have floated revenue bonds to pay for facility upgrades based on those Grant of Rights. All of them will sue, and there wouldn't be a settlement. If UT and OU were to leave and lose those suits they would lose everything. Every cent of TV money. That will keep the Big 12 and the ACC for that matter together for at least the next decade.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I saw a list of athletic programs and their revenues. UT was #1. OU was #5. I don't really know why they'd want to go anywhere.

+ Reply to Thread