+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: WKU Attendance Next Saturday

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: WKU Attendance Next Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Leads to the question, does JMar Smith even like playing football? His meltdowns and all around terrible body language (both tied to his lack of success) lead me to believe he may not enjoy playing the game. Football got him his scholly, so does he play just to stay in and finish school? Any thoughts along this line?
    It's Tim Rattay's fault

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It's Tim Rattay's fault
    Who developed Higgins? Rattay or Peterson (or both... or neither, it was Holtz)?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Who developed Higgins? Rattay or Peterson (or both... or neither, it was Holtz)?
    Yeah that the ticket.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yeah that the ticket.
    It had to be Peterson. He had the Young/Higgins combo (bust), then Sokol (success), then Driskel (success). Rattay had Higgins (success) and now J'Mar (2 busts, but has another year...).

Peterson also had Chad Pennington (success) and Byron Leftwich (success) at Marshall. That may have been a bigger loss than we realized!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It had to be Peterson. He had the Young/Higgins combo (bust), then Sokol (success), then Driskel (success). Rattay had Higgins (success) and now J'Mar (2 busts, but has another year...).

Peterson also had Chad Pennington (success) and Byron Leftwich (success) at Marshall. That may have been a bigger loss than we realized!
    ....And J'Mar "benefited" from the arrival of OC Todd Fitch in January 2016. It wouldn't surprise me if THAT ALONE may be the biggest contributor to J'Mar's problems. Nobody seems to want to assign any responsibility to Fitch, but the guy has been a absolute LOSER every where he's been. LA Tech is just the only school that hasn't figured it out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....And J'Mar "benefited" from the arrival of OC Todd Fitch in January 2016. It wouldn't surprise me if THAT ALONE may be the biggest contributor to J'Mar's problems. Nobody seems to want to assign any responsibility to Fitch, but the guy has been a absolute LOSER every where he's been. LA Tech is just the only school that hasn't figured it out yet.
    I think Fitch coaches the outside receivers. Peterson is out of a job right now. It may be worth taking a look at bringing him back as QB coach and moving Rattay back to WR coach, cutting Fitch loose.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I think Fitch coaches the outside receivers.
    See what I mean. ^^^^

Nobody wants to assign him any blame.

....but Fitch proudly carries the title of --and is paid as-- the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. And if he's not really the OC, then for the love of God, fire him and hire a real OC.

If Alabama, Georgia, LSU, OU, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc....need a real OC, then trust me when I say LOUISIANA TECH needs one too. Just saying.....

Good grief! NOBODY can coach JMar up. I can't believe anybody who knows anything about football or sports in general can think lack of coaching is JMar's problem.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

The rub is no real OC would come work for Holtz and/or if Holtz wanted one he would have gotten one by now.

I don't give a flip about Fitch, fire em just for the hell of it, but since Holtz runs athletics and Tommy Boy isn't going to drop a pair and force his hand, anyone that comes in is going to be someone Holtz can manipulate and pigeon hole just like the little Fitch we have now.

Fitch may be a great guy, but I don't care I want this team to be competitive physically, game plan wise, and emotionally... right now it ain't so wipe the board and start over with a new staff, something, anything, but this Shite has to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    See what I mean. ^^^^

Nobody wants to assign him any blame.

....but Fitch proudly carries the title of --and is paid as-- the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. And if he's not really the OC, then for the love of God, fire him and hire a real OC.

If Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Ohio State, etc....need a real OC, then trust me when I say LOUISIANA TECH needs one too. Just saying.....
    Those guys are all defensive coaches though (not sure about Urban Meyer.. he may be an offensive guy). When an OC gets a promotion to HC, you don't really want them to not bring their offense with them.... like Crowton or Kingsbury or Briles or Dykes (granted, we didn't hire Holtz for his big offenses though.... but he is an offensive coach). They all have a philosophy they bring (air raid or ball control or balanced, or option, etc...). If Holtz turns over the offense to someone, it's still going to be Holtz's style of offense. The interesting thing about Holtz is that I still don't know what he likes. He's had teams with Air Raid (2016) and teams with slow ball control (17 and 18) and teams with balance (14 and 15). Maybe we'll go with the option next year?

The more I think about it, Holtz did run the option at Notre Dame.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Here's an interview with Teddy Allen interviewing Teddy Veal. Veal is good, solid young man. A steady hand on the team. In this interview, they cover "what happened" on the losses this year, AND how Veal has been a steadying force for JMar in the games.

Veal has a bright future ahead of him.

https://art19.com/shows/talking-tech...xu8dm-eROvADoM

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    The rub is no real OC would come work for Holtz and/or if Holtz wanted one he would have gotten one by now.

I don't give a flip about Fitch, fire em just for the hell of it, but since Holtz runs athletics and Tommy Boy isn't going to drop a pair and force his hand, anyone that comes in is going to be someone Holtz can manipulate and pigeon hole just like the little Fitch we have now.

Fitch may be a great guy, but I don't care I want this team to be competitive physically, game plan wise, and emotionally... right now it ain't so wipe the board and start over with a new staff, something, anything, but this Shite has to be fixed.
    That is a real issue with our team. We have no offensive leadership and no options or plans to obtain that leadership. Lucky we play in a conference where we can win a few games without a real offensive coordinator.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we'll go with the option next year?
    Already does run the option, just a different variety. But, equally as boring.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Veal has been a steadying force for JMar in the games.
    "If you dont give me something catchable, my mom is gonna beat up your mom."

+ Reply to Thread