+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Faring Poorly in CUSA

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Fairing Poorly in CUSA

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Get your facts straight, D65. According to the article, WKU's graduation rate was 63%, not 61%, compared to 51% for the total student body.

Next, WKU won back to back CUSA football championships in 2015 & 2016. I'm sure you would have liked to have seen LA Tech win those.

Fact is, if LA Tech owned 24 CUSA championships in any sports, you and '06 would both be the first people on this board boasting of Tech's success. As would I. So quit acting like you don't care, and making excuses for Tech's very disappointing performance. That's something ULM fans would do.

It's not the end of the world, but the bottom line is, LA Tech is 10th in the league in CUSA titles over the period of time in discussion. That puts Tech in the bottom third in CUSA. That's not good enough. If most of us were BOTTOM THIRD performers at our own jobs, our employers would be looking to replace us. It's time for T-Mac and the LA Tech coaches to quit making excuses, and ratchet up the performance levels for Tech.
    laughable post about graduation-- seriously worry about a 2% on grad rate --61vs 63 when Tech is in 80s grad rate which according to WK web site they have 6 sports at 100% grad and 15 at 70 and other links show multiple numbers-- pretty desparate to ignore our grad rate -- I will never understand your passion to rip our coaches, AD and teams -- been supporting Tech since 1965 and I focus on the Excellence --

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    laughable post about graduation-- seriously worry about a 2% on grad rate --61vs 63 when Tech is in 80s grad rate which according to WK web site they have 6 sports at 100% grad and 15 at 70 and other links show multiple numbers-- pretty desparate to ignore our grad rate -- I will never understand your passion to rip our coaches, AD and teams -- been supporting Tech since 1965 and I focus on the Excellence --
    You wouldn't know excellence if it smacked you upside the head. That's why you don't demand any. And you certainly don't understand the passion of others who DO demand it. We get it. You are perfectly happy with LA Tech's also-ran, "we competed", 10th place position in CUSA, and its 5 CUSA championships --including none in football-- because you are from the old school that says "hey, we're little ole Looosiana Tech, and we're just damn glad to be here." And the pathetic part is, you really are.

Well, that's just not good enough anymore for many of us.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hogdawg View Post
    you wouldn't know excellence if it smacked you upside the head. That's why you don't demand any. And you certainly don't understand the passion of others who do demand it. We get it. You are perfectly happy with la tech's also-ran, "we competed", 10th place position in cusa, and its 5 cusa championships --including none in football-- because you are from the old school that says "hey, we're little ole looosiana tech, and we're just damn glad to be here." and the pathetic part is, you really are.

well, that's just not good enough anymore for many of us.
    fake news.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Hermandawg View Post
    McClelland thinks his job title is to hang with the Davisons and Kix Brooks. Instead of staying in Ruston and doing his job, he's at the Kentucky Derby and every Country Music gathering honoring Kix.
    We can do so much better with a competent AD.
    At an event in Houston last year he opened with a whole 2 or 3 sentence spiel about how used to being around wealthy people he was and his job description was to cater to rich people. We all know an AD has to be able to do that but any half competent intern would know you don’t go about bragging to your audience about it. Guess he thinks we are supposed to be wowed by stories of the company he keeps.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    fake news.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

The only TRUTH I am cognizant of is we all have a love and passion for Louisiana Tech University.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    The only TRUTH I am cognizant of is we all have a love and passion for Louisiana Tech University.
    I wish our AD and some of his staff did.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I wish our AD and some of his staff did.
    I have always wondered if Omaha Dog is interested in the AD position. I think that is his BBB name. In my opinion, he is the guy we need. Solomon Randle would also be a good candidate in my opinion

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I have always wondered if Omaha Dog is interested in the AD position. I think that is his BBB name. In my opinion, he is the guy we need. Solomon Randle would also be a good candidate in my opinion
    Randle would make a wonderful AD someday and is a wonderful guy, but he definitely needs some more experience.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Some information to use to judge AD 's.
    Visible.

Coaches want athletic directors who are actively and visibly involved with the department. They want athletic directors who are at their games and contests as much as realistically possible to show their interest and support for them and the team. Coaches and athletes want to see their athletic director in the halls and on campus rather than sitting isolated in an office behind a desk all day long. 10. Vision for the program.

Coaches want their athletic director to develop and communicate an inspiring vision for the program. They want an athletic director who has the ambition to set high goals for the department, and the enthusiasm and dedication to pursue them.
    For example, one college athletic director I had the privilege to work with set the goal of being one of the nation’s top 25 overall athletic programs as ranked by the Directors’ Cup, and graduate at least 75 percent of their student-athletes. This challenging yet inspiring vision gave the department a clear goal to shoot for and motivated them to achieve such an elite status.
    9. Provides coaches with feedback and holds them accountable.

Because most people crave feedback on their performance, coaches also want to be evaluated by their athletic directors. They want to know when they are doing well and when they might need some help. Coaches want someone who recognizes and rewards good performances and addresses poor performances by staff.
    Coaches also appreciate athletic directors who encourage them to develop their coaching skills by attending clinics and getting books and videos. In cases of repeated poor performances, coaches want athletic directors who have the courage and conviction to hold their colleagues accountable. Occasionally, this means getting rid of some poor coaches in the department.
    8. Solicits and acquires the funds and resources necessary to be successful.

Coaches also expect their athletic director to provide them with the proper funds and resources to compete and be successful. As much as possible, coaches want the kind of funding, facilities, programming and resources to at least keep pace with the competition. They want an athletic director who is well-connected on campus and in the community to secure the proper political and financial support for the athletic department. They want someone who can tap into and effectively utilize the various financial resources available.
    7. Have coached or clearly understand the demands of coaching.

Coaches want an athletic director who clearly understands the demands, frustrations and pressures of coaching. They want someone who has experienced losing seasons, untimely injuries, irate parents and all the other challenges of the job. Many coaches indicated they wanted their athletic director to be an “athletics” person versus an “administrator” type.
    6. Organized.

With the myriad sports teams, schedules, travel needs, budgets and paperwork, athletic directors (and their administrative assistants) must be well-organized to do their jobs effectively. Coaches want their athletic director to be on top of things and to take care of many of the logistical details involved with schedules, game management and other bureaucratic issues.
    5. Communicator.

Coaches want someone with solid communication skills who keeps them up-to-date with the latest information. They also want an athletic director who communicates effectively with the people in the school and in the community to present a positive image of the program.
    4. Honesty and integrity.

Just as honesty and integrity are key in a coach’s ability to gain an athlete’s respect, so too must athletic directors be honest and ethical with their coaches. Coaches respect athletic directors who stick to their word — who follow through on what they promise they will do. They respect athletic directors who play by the rules and keep the best interests of the athletes on the forefront of their minds at all times.
    3. Fair to all sports.

Coaches want their athletic director to care about all the sports and treat them fairly. Many coaches expressed their frustration with athletic directors who give blatant, preferential treatment to the revenue-generating or highly visible sports teams. Other coaches felt that their athletic director favored the coach or team of the sport that he or she once coached and continually gave the short end of the stick to the sports the athletic director didn’t like or respect.
    2. Available to listen.

Coaches want their athletic director to be available to listen to them. They want to be able to drop by and talk without having to make an appointment. Sometimes, coaches just need to vent to their athletic director when dealing with player or parent problems. Other times, they want their athletic director to offer suggestions and a sense of perspective on the situation. Coaches want to know that their athletic director is available to them when they have ideas, problems and suggestions.
    1. Supportive.

Not surprisingly, the No. 1 quality that coaches want from their athletic director is support. Because coaches are constantly being judged, critiqued and second-guessed by nearly everyone (athletes, parents, media, alums, etc.), coaches want to know that they have their athletic director’s support when they deserve it.
    Coaches also want support and encouragement when dealing with the inevitable losses, slumps and heartbreaks that occur in every season. Finally, coaches want support from their athletic directors when they have suggestions and new ideas to try with their program. Rather than telling them it won’t work, coaches appreciate the latitude and encouragement to try something new that could make a big difference in the programs.
    N

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I have always wondered if Omaha Dog is interested in the AD position. I think that is his BBB name. In my opinion, he is the guy we need.
    There's more to that story.

(But it's not mine to tell.)

Puppy Dawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the roughDawgs2448 is a jewel in the rough

Just my opinion on the matter. I am not a sport expert and understand all the "behind the curtain things", however I have been a die hard Tech fan for over 20 years and also alum. I remember Tech growing up with teams like Louisville, UCF, TCU..etc and it hurts to see how these teams are now compared to Tech. Maybe its just because I am a die hard TECH fan and drink the red and blue koolaid, but I feel that TECH has underachieved in sports. I even think we underachieved in the early 2000's (Football) with some of the players we had. I remember some of the WAC coaches years ago remarking how they wished they had some of the talent we had. I am thankful for the championships we have won and the bowl games, however I believe Tech was meant for so much more. I refuse to accept mediocrity. Mediocrity or (luke warm) is worse than being bad. I do like seeing the growth of Ruston and the University as a whole. What hurts the worse is talking with some Tech fans who have accepted this and our current situation. The reason for this acceptance is they are blinded by the consecutive bowl wins. Not bashing on the bowl success and maybe we can use this as a spring board to get going, but as a fan I want more.

Not sure if this makes a good comparison, because both schools are different and had different situations, but years ago I had been accepted to TCU for Grad school and had planned to attend (decided to go elsewhere). I remember TCU was in C-USA at that time, A.Carter stadium was not very big. I went around the Dallas/FW area and it was difficult finding apparel. The school was masked by Texas and Texas A&M.... (similar to the things I have experienced in LA with LSU). I remember talking with TCU fans and people around the area and they would say things like "TCU is a good program, but THEY will never compete or be at level with Texas and A&M". Similar to the things I was told in LA about Tech and LSU. Love them or hate them, I am amazed how TCU is now. Same could be said about Louisville and many other teams. They have refused to accept mediocrity. IF THEY CAN DO IT TECH CAN DO IT! It is possible to break out of Mediocrity and arise out of the lower levels. We just need solid leadership to make good decisions. I feel in years past we had arrived at the crossroads and had a chance to get out, but we did not make the right decisions. I understand a lot goes into this (area population), marketing, Sociological issues...etc, but heres hoping .

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    fake news.
    HD describes your dad as reflected on here correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    Guess he thinks we are supposed to be wowed by stories of the company he keeps.
    Of course we are. We are LA Tech and in Ruston.

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    Some information to use to judge AD 's.
    Pretty good list, though I'd completely disagree with the needing to of been a coach part.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs2448 View Post
    Just my opinion on the matter. I am not a sport expert and understand all the "behind the curtain things", however I have been a die hard Tech fan for over 20 years and also alum. I remember Tech growing up with teams like Louisville, UCF, TCU..etc and it hurts to see how these teams are now compared to Tech. Maybe its just because I am a die hard TECH fan and drink the red and blue koolaid, but I feel that TECH has underachieved in sports. I even think we underachieved in the early 2000's (Football) with some of the players we had. I remember some of the WAC coaches years ago remarking how they wished they had some of the talent we had. I am thankful for the championships we have won and the bowl games, however I believe Tech was meant for so much more. I refuse to accept mediocrity. Mediocrity or (luke warm) is worse than being bad. I do like seeing the growth of Ruston and the University as a whole. What hurts the worse is talking with some Tech fans who have accepted this and our current situation. The reason for this acceptance is they are blinded by the consecutive bowl wins. Not bashing on the bowl success and maybe we can use this as a spring board to get going, but as a fan I want more.

Not sure if this makes a good comparison, because both schools are different and had different situations, but years ago I had been accepted to TCU for Grad school and had planned to attend (decided to go elsewhere). I remember TCU was in C-USA at that time, A.Carter stadium was not very big. I went around the Dallas/FW area and it was difficult finding apparel. The school was masked by Texas and Texas A&M.... (similar to the things I have experienced in LA with LSU). I remember talking with TCU fans and people around the area and they would say things like "TCU is a good program, but THEY will never compete or be at level with Texas and A&M". Similar to the things I was told in LA about Tech and LSU. Love them or hate them, I am amazed how TCU is now. Same could be said about Louisville and many other teams. They have refused to accept mediocrity. IF THEY CAN DO IT TECH CAN DO IT! It is possible to break out of Mediocrity and arise out of the lower levels. We just need solid leadership to make good decisions. I feel in years past we had arrived at the crossroads and had a chance to get out, but we did not make the right decisions. I understand a lot goes into this (area population), marketing, Sociological issues...etc, but heres hoping .
    It’s a geographical thing as much as anything else. I’ve found that most die hard tech fans are generally hard headed and reject change in other parts of their life, and that bleeds over into their support for the school.

It’s all politics and points of view and anyone that isn’t strongly conservative on this board is a liberal snowflake. That mentality holds everyone back. Hopefully, us millennials can change that.. but it ain’t happening anytime soon.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You millennials can start by getting out of your parents' house and going to work!

(yes, that is painting with a broad brush, but there is truth in it)

+ Reply to Thread