+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ed Ogeron(?)

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Re: Ed Ogeron(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    In an effort to stay consistent how often do you guys go by LTU. You are La Tech University. I never see you go by LTU, but shouldn't you? Shouldn't La State University and Agricultural and Mechanical college go by LSUA&M if we are consistent?
    LSU and LaTech are consistent in not breaking the law with our names. We have the right to be called LTU if we wanted to be, but we don't. LSU has the right to call themselves LSUA&M if they want, but they don't.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    LSU and LaTech are consistent in not breaking the law with our names. We have the right to be called LTU if we wanted to be, but we don't. LSU has the right to call themselves LSUA&M if they want, but they don't.
    Please see the previous pics of the many different uniforms, for what the Cajuns have a right to go by, according to the law athletically.

You are correct I didnt say anything about having the right to. Just saying y'all are so obsessed about what one school does, I was just suggesting maybe you might want to be consistent.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Dang thats some nice unis and legal by every letter of the law when comes to athletics. Dr. Savoy spent many years in the UL System and knows that law better than just about anyone in the state.

That baseball hat and jersey has been worn since 2000 the very first season after the name change, which also happens to be the year we made the College World Series. If it is illegal why wasn't it squashed immediately way back then? (Excuse me I am sorry, for those who don't know the college world series is a place where the best 8 teams in baseball meet after winning a regional and super regional.) Same thing for the football jersey?
    Be honest, Kent. No one associated with UL-L would have a problem with all Tech's sports teams having one red uniform with white lettering and numbers - and blue trim/stripes - with just "Louisiana" in big letters on the front and "TECH" on the back. They would all understand it was nothing more than Tech thinking "Dang thats some nice unis and legal by every letter of the law when comes to athletics."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Leave it to the Cajuns to misspell the name with "Louissiana" on the jersey..... I'm telling ya, there's something wrong with those people.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Okay, here's one thing I discovered the RaginCajuns got right in their new ballpark.

Damn the health dept., by golly, but these cupholders for their urinals and stalls (men and women) is ingenius.

Urinals.jpg
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Okay, here's one thing I discovered the RaginCajuns got right in their new ballpark.

Damn the health dept., by golly, but these cupholders for their urinals and stalls (men and women) is ingenius.

Attachment 14281
    I get the two urinals to the right for the average ullll folks. Is the one to the left for their visitors?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

Leave it to the Cajuns to misspell the name with "Louissiana" on the jersey..... I'm telling ya, there's something wrong with those people.
    Two "S's". LOL! Along with math, common sense, logic, reasoning, I see spelling is a challenge for dem Cajuns too.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

Attachment 14281
    I agree. That's a good idea. Chalk up an engineering marvel for dem Cajuns.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    I think south of I10 your new guy will have an impact, but his results will be what sustains you. He has a big hill to climb when you look at what Skip has done . You are definitely better off than with Hud!
    I am curious to see what Rob Sale will do recruiting wise along I20. He went to Neville and played for La St. He already has a verbal from an O lineman at Neville named Logan Newell. I don't know much about him but he is a good looking kid. Sale will definitely be the best presence, with high school coaches, the Cajuns have ever had in North La.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    Be honest, Kent. No one associated with UL-L would have a problem with all Tech's sports teams having one red uniform with white lettering and numbers - and blue trim/stripes - with just "Louisiana" in big letters on the front and "TECH" on the back. They would all understand it was nothing more than Tech thinking "Dang thats some nice unis and legal by every letter of the law when comes to athletics."
    I think you should it would look like to the rest of the world you are trying to be like the big school down south. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    8 games is a decent sample size imo. That said, I don't gauge our football program by performances against ULL.
    Yep. Our past administration tended to neglect athletics somewhat in the past. Today we have the best AD we've ever had, that is one year in. Our head football coach spent 6 years under Saban, arguably the best college coach of all time. THe process he is implementing comes directly from Nick. Early indications are his staff will be the best recruiters we've ever had here. I don't see any need to harp on the past when the future is looking so bright.

I am with you, if I were to linger in the past, I wouldn't measure a football program on its record against one team either. I tend to look at the big picture too, like 5 bowl games in 7 years, with a 4 and 1 record, and a couple of wins over both the Mountain West and AAC conferences.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Yep. Our past administration tended to neglect athletics somewhat in the past. Today we have the best AD we've ever had, that is one year in. Our head football coach spent 6 years under Saban, arguably the best college coach of all time. THe process he is implementing comes directly from Nick. Early indications are his staff will be the best recruiters we've ever had here. I don't see any need to harp on the past when the future is looking so bright.

I am with you, if I were to linger in the past, I wouldn't measure a football program on its record against one team either. I tend to look at the big picture too, like 5 bowl games in 7 years, with a 4 and 1 record, and a couple of wins over both the Mountain West and AAC conferences.
    And two complete ass whippings courtesy of the La Tech Bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    I think south of I10 your new guy will have an impact, but his results will be what sustains you. He has a big hill to climb when you look at what Skip has done . You are definitely better off than with Hud!
    Here is a kid 15 miles from Lafayette, that I guarantee HUD would have lost to you guys. This staff is doing something differently. He had several offers and his final 2 were Tech, and the other school mentioned in the article.

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...ton/768838002/
    Last edited by Kent; 07-10-2018 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Due to sensorship I cannot mention the other school by name.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a kid 15 miles from Lafayette, that I guarantee HUD would have lost to you guys. This staff is doing something differently. He had several offers and his final 2 were Tech, and the other school mentioned in the article.

That's a nice pick-up.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

That was very surprising to see Harrington commit to UL-Laf.

+ Reply to Thread