+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Rid of Cable Just got EASIER!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Getting Rid of Cable Just got EASIER!

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    So buy a Smart TV for outside or go cheap on the outside TV and buy a Roku?
    Yes.- get a roku or RokuTV

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Yes.- get a roku or RokuTV
    It will be nice not to have to run the extra cable wires to the TV.

Has anybody tried the wifi boosters I've seen advertised?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

So buy a Smart TV for outside or go cheap on the outside TV and buy a Roku?
    I just bought a Sharp Roku 43 inch tv for $300 from Amazon. Roku built into the tv. Open box Amazon warehouse deal, like new. No complaints.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I just bought a Sharp Roku 43 inch tv for $300 from Amazon. Roku built into the tv. Open box Amazon warehouse deal, like new. No complaints.
    Sounds like what I need. May need to go a bit bigger.

One of my first big purchases back in 1983 was an 18" Zenith Color TV...$300.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

labg

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

One of my first big purchases back in 1983 was an 18" Zenith Color TV...$300.
    55 inch 4K ultra warehouse deal on there for $508 today.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Fox Sports Go is now on Roku- I signed in with my PS Vue account and got FS South & Southeast - not SW - I'm not going to complain sense I get FS SW on PS Vue

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Are you able to watch the TX Tech game on PS Vue?

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Are you able to watch the TX Tech game on PS Vue?
    Yes - if you live in an area that gets one of the FSNs carrying the game. . The Fox Sports Southwest feed has Texas Rangers, but my guide shows a separate Fox Sports Net feed with our game.

Also, w/ your PS Vue account, you can log in to Fox Sports Go app and the game is listed there as well.

On a side note to the original intent of this thread, I am very happy with PS Vue. I'm saving $80/month on my TV bill and get to watch MOST of the shows I want. There are a few that aren't available, but for $80/month, I can buy those!

DirecTV Now just came out. It's not available on ROKU yet, so I haven't tried it. If you sign up for 1 month, they will give you a Amazon Fire TV Stick. If you sign up for 3 months, they will give you an APPLE TV.

The $35 price is a limited time special, but you can keep that prices (subject to reasonable price increases ) as long as you are subscribed.

http://decider.com/2016/11/30/decide...r-directv-now/

DirecTV Now does not have a DVR component yet. You can only watch some channels last 72 hours of programming. Not good if you like to wait awhile and binge watch a show or if you only watch on weekends.

DTVNow & Sling don't allow you to log onto the APPS of different channels to watch anytime. PSVue does.

They all let you log onto ESPN3 content.

Also: Fox Sports Southwest was not available on DTVNow in Shreveport win I checked. It is available on PSVue & Sling

For those in Northeast Louisiana & Southern Arkansas, you recently got access to KNOE (CBS) on PS Vue. That is the only local channel available, but you get Next Day on Demand for ABC, Fox, NBC.
    Also, Alexandria area recently got access to their CBS channel.

Shreveport still doesn't have CBS available through streaming (luckily I've got an antenna).

To see what channels your area gets via ps vue, enter your zip code here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    For those in Northeast Louisiana & Southern Arkansas, you recently got access to KNOE (CBS) on PS Vue. That is the only local channel available, but you get Next Day on Demand for ABC, Fox, NBC.
    Also, Alexandria area recently got access to their CBS channel.

Shreveport still doesn't have CBS available through streaming (luckily I've got an antenna).

To see what channels your area gets via ps vue, enter your zip code here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/
    I'd like to read a report from somebody in the area outside of a 20 mile radius who has a digital/HD antenna. How much did they pay? etc....

I purchased one of the cheapest (the ones they advertise on TV) for $10. I believe I could pay around $35 for an antenna that would provide all local networks along with several other local channels.

I'd pull the trigger on getting rid of Comcast if I had a source for wifi.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I bought a LEAF 2 pack from Sam's for $50. Got the small one in the bedroom and the larger, amplified one in the living room. I found that if I had the amplifier is on, I wasn't getting some channels that I know we should have seen. I took the amplifier off and it immediately picked up all stations great.... with the exception of KTAL, NBC 6. I have no idea why that one doesn't get good signal for me even though it's only 20 miles away to the north.

As for internet, this site isn't 100% accurate, but you might see someone else that can provide you with HS internet: http://broadbandnow.com/

I bought this antenna (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and put it in the attic. I connected it to the cable splitter from DirecTV and I get my local channels in all rooms. You also have to purchase a mount for the antenna

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Got the small one in the bedroom
    twss

+ Reply to Thread