+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best defensive secondary in LaTech history!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Best defensive secondary in LaTech history!

I really don't think it's even close. When you have time, take a look at the offers Grogan, Barnes, Woods, Brice, Pinson, Woods, and Liggins had before they signed with us. It's amazing we were able to get this much talent at db! Not to mention, Bryson Abraham is my favorite (he reminds me of Tramon in many ways). This unit stacks up against any defensive backfield in the country.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Best defensive secondary in LaTech history!

I agree they are bad-ass, but you could have 4 Charles Woodson's out there but they would look foolish if you can't get pressure on the QB.

Varsity Bulldog SlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I really don't think it's even close. When you have time, take a look at the offers Grogan, Barnes, Woods, Brice, Pinson, Woods, and Liggins had before they signed with us. It's amazing we were able to get this much talent at db! Not to mention, Bryson Abraham is my favorite (he reminds me of Tramon in many ways). This unit stacks up against any defensive backfield in the country.
    Bryson Abraham is my favorite player EVER because his mother ( a lawyer) helped me get out of a speeding ticket once! I happened to be wearing a Tech polo and mentioned how highly I thought of her son so I'm sure that helped...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    if you can't get pressure on the QB.
    You think we'll have issues in that area?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I love the players back there but am going to wait and see how they produce vs CUSA and ull before I anoint them this great. We were averagely best on D last year so I am hoping to see major improvement and for us to become a dominant D this year. 10/12 games we play aren't against great offenses so I think it's possible.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

That's cool. This is a hype thread. But did you notice how our pass defense rated last season? (Mostly with young players)

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by gooddawg View Post
    i love the players back there but am going to wait and see how they produce vs cusa and ull before i anoint them this great. We were averagely best on d last year so i am hoping to see major improvement and for us to become a dominant d this year. 10/12 games we play aren't against great offenses so i think it's possible.
    agree

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care if we are ball hawkers or not. I want to see us meet man and ball simultaneously, knock the ball away, wrap a guy up and bring him down. I want to see broken up passes, no YAC, and no riding the receiver until he finally falls over.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

The deepest DB's for sure. Barnes, Liggins, and Woods all have all-conference potential. Brice, Grogan, Abraham, and Brown are all good players. Our defense should be really good. Our offense sounds like it is going to need some short fields. I think the offense will improve as the season goes on. Turner, Seay, and Henderson need to get healthy. But Dixon should be even better with the FB and TE he has now. Sounds a lot like SEC ball. We just need a competent passing game... please!

We definitely need to play to our strengths--running game & defense--but I don't think "bore them into submission" is a viable offensive strategy. I wouldn't mind seeing us run it 2/3 of the time. I'm interested to see if Holtz is wanting to play up-tempo utilizing a primary run game instead of pass first. I don't care much about tempo at this point though.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we could look a lot like North Texas last year. Good defense, don't turn the ball over, pound the run game, win 27-17, go win a bowl game. I'd take it. The future passing game looks bright with Wilson at QB. Taylor, King, and Henderson for 3 more years. (plus a couple of nice commits... Woodard and Bonnette).

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Old fart again talking about past--- we actually have b backs wiyh superbowl rings. Larry Anderson 2 with Steelers and Doug Evans 1 Packers , leveraged to 15 million yr contract . That said, I began Adarius Barnes thread after game 1 last year after he got ripped by BBB. So here goes, after almost 50 yrs , I agree with you -- this is across the board the best I remember AND we have excellent depth. Does not hurt having an x-nfl db coaching. Last but not least--we are going to blitz like crazy this year-- I believe errant passes will get picked, these guys are good

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Old fart again talking about past--- we actually have b backs wiyh superbowl rings. Larry Anderson 2 with Steelers and Doug Evans 1 Packers , leveraged to 15 million yr contract . That said, I began Adarius Barnes thread after game 1 last year after he got ripped by BBB. So here goes, after almost 50 yrs , I agree with you -- this is across the board the best I remember AND we have excellent depth. Does not hurt having an x-nfl db coaching. Last but not least--we are going to blitz like crazy this year-- I believe errant passes will get picked, these guys are good
    I think both starting corners will play in the NFL. I also believe at least one of our safeties will be drafted after his Tech career is over.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

J.O., Wish, Tramone and Willie Shepherd were pretty good. I don't remember who the safeties were. Carey Broudy and Doug Evans were pretty good. Agree this group overall the most talented.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    We will see just how good these guys are out of the starting gate. Okie and the university of
    Lafayette will give this group all they can handle in games 1 and 2. If not sharp, we could be in for long nights in both places.

+ Reply to Thread