+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baseball. Bulldogs Host Northwestern State on Tuesday Evening

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Bulldogs Host Northwestern State on Tuesday Evening

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I am so glad this wasn't't a rival. I so hate to lose rival games and conference games. The rest just don't matter. Now why don't you clowns think up some more bulletin board material for the Frisco opponents.
    "It's the clown Tech fans' fault for the team playing bad baseball!" As if the Demons needed any bulletin board material from Tech fans. It's not like Tech's head coach recruited them all to NWST or anything like that.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Baseball. Tech Drops Extra-Innings Affair to Northwestern State

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

The Louisiana Tech baseball team battled back from three separate deficits, but a two-run 10th inning from the visiting Northwestern State Demons proved to be too much, as the Bulldogs dropped a 6-4 extra-inning affair on Wednesday evening from J.C. Love Field.

More...

Discuss it here.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I am so glad this wasn't't a rival. I so hate to lose rival games and conference games. The rest just don't matter. Now why don't you clowns think up some more bulletin board material for the Frisco opponents.
    You showed your knowledge of the game matches your general knowledge of sports.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Tech Drops Extra-Innings Affair to Northwestern State

Our coaches worst loss yet. Yes it is on him.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Our coaches worst loss yet. Yes it is on him.
    D80 was spot-on about Burroughs. I’ve seen enough in a little over a year to convince me he’s not a very good head coach.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    D80 was spot-on about Burroughs. I’ve seen enough in a little over a year to convince me he’s not a very good head coach.
    I see. So you're saying we should give him a 5 year extension?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Burroughs has now lost 6 straight in Tech-NWST series (5 at NWST, 1 at Tech).

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You showed your knowledge of the game matches your general knowledge of sports.
    Some of you denigrated Northwestern because of their conference. Well, they came into our ballpark and kicked our arses, and enjoyed their bus ride home. Perhaps you can enlighten me on what additional knowledge I need.

HC LB, in his post game remarks said that NWS played with more energy than his team did. Is it possible that the NWS players derived any energy from the silly comments that they could not possibly be considered a "rival" (which translates-not on a par with us) because they play on the wrong side of the baseball tracks?

Incidentally, you have no knowledge about my knowledge pertaining to anything I may or may not know. Your response was juvenile--somewhere around the kindergarten level.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Some of you denigrated Northwestern because of their conference. Well, they came into our ballpark and kicked our arses, and enjoyed their bus ride home. Perhaps you can enlighten me on what additional knowledge I need.

HC LB, in his post game remarks said that NWS played with more energy than his team did. Is it possible that the NWS players derived any energy from the silly comments that they could not possibly be considered a "rival" (which translates-not on a par with us) because they play on the wrong side of the baseball tracks?

Incidentally, you have no knowledge about my knowledge pertaining to anything I may or may not know. Your response was juvenile--somewhere around the kindergarten level.
    Do you think their players read our message board? They were motivated to play against their old coach. Base running as usual cost us a run in this game. Out head coach recruited just about every player on their team. If they had more energy than us, that's on our coach. Pitching has been great, hitting has been worse than bad.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Do you think their players read our message board? They were motivated to play against their old coach. Base running as usual cost us a run in this game. Out head coach recruited just about every player on their team. If they had more energy than us, that's on our coach. Pitching has been great, hitting has been worse than bad.
    Yes, I do think they read this message board. Our starting pitcher did an outstanding job. The bullpen was horrible. Tech used eight pitchers and that fact speaks volumes.

7th inning base running mistake was 100% on our 3B coach. Rule #1 of baseball: Never make the 3rd out at 3B. Well what does Burroughs do? Send a guy on a fly out and get him thrown out for the 3rd out at 3B. He was already in scoring position. Really bad coaching. Next inning Bates led off with a single that would've scored Skelton from 2B had he not be thrown out at 3B the inning before.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-01-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Our defense was as horrible as our coaching. Our LF and RF each made errors that gave NWST a couple runs. LF took a bad angle and then couldn't pick up ball at wall. Then RF terribly misjudged a routine fly ball. These are routine plays our defense is botching and costing us runs resulting in losses. Bad News Bulldogs.

Those who think message boards cost us games are clueless juveniles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    7th inning base running mistake was 100% on our 3B coach. Rule #1 of baseball: Never make the 3rd out at 3B. Well what does Burroughs do? Send a guy on a fly out and get him thrown out for the 3rd out at 3B. Really bad coaching. Next inning Bates led off with a single that would've scored Skelton from 2B had he not be thrown out at 3B the inning before.
    Really! How can you be so certain what Bates may or may not have done had he batted in the previous inning based on what he did in the following inning. You can't and you know it.

Let no one assume that I am a fan of LB. I was disappointed when he was selected and I remain disappointed. I too believe that he is a terrible third base coach. No one play decided the outcome of the game. They got runs in the tenth when they needed them and we didn't.

Really! How can you be so certain what Bates may or may not have done had he batted in the previous inning based on what he did in the following inning. You can't and you know it.

Let no one assume that I am a fan of LB. I was disappointed when he was selected and I remain disappointed. I too believe that he is a terrible third base coach. No one play decided the outcome of the game. They got runs in the tenth when they needed them and we didn't.
    Dude... Point was Burroughs made a really DUMB base running call that arguably cost us the ballgame. If we play basic baseball, it doesn't go to the 10th.

+ Reply to Thread