+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what would you rather have?

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Re: So what would you rather have?

I would rather have a 6'5" center that weighs 250#.
    And doesn't shave her armpits. INTIMIDATION, baby.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    I would rather have a 6'5" center that weighs 250#.
    And doesn't shave her armpits. INTIMIDATION, baby.
    AMEN! I sure hope we can get a power post in next year. Dowdell has a ton of talent that I hope she develops more for the 4 spot. We, also, need a PG - as much as some people may disagree about needing guards. Pringle is great in the 2 spot and I would like to see her play a pure shooting guard. I am pretty sure that Whitney Jones will return next year with, at least, 2 years of eligibility left. If she is healed, I think we are a different team with her in the game.

As for this year, I still say that there is a TON of talent on this team. I have seen them shoot and know they can do it. There is a lid on the basket in most games, though, and that is psychological. It has to be. You don't score like these guards did in HS and in SOME games for it not to be. They just have a few more games to break through this. I hope they do.

Puppy parkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the earsparkedgourmet2 seems to have something between the ears parkedgourmet2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    1) The Techsters win out the regular season.

2) Lose any number of games, Long is fired.
    At this point, I believe in cutting our losses. This season is toast (Long has already snubbed the NIT, why would they come back if we win out and lose in the conference tourney). Plan for the future. Whatever it takes to make the "go forward" positive for the Lady Techster Basketball program!!!!! Enough is enough -- school pride has LONG been compromised. Get us a real coach.

(That being said, I am sure I am soon to be red dotted.) I am just saying what I think.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parkedgourmet2 View Post
    At this point, I believe in cutting our losses. This season is toast (Long has already snubbed the NIT, why would they come back if we win out and lose in the conference tourney). Plan for the future. Whatever it takes to make the "go forward" positive for the Lady Techster Basketball program!!!!! Enough is enough -- school pride has LONG been compromised. Get us a real coach.

(That being said, I am sure I am soon to be red dotted.) I am just saying what I think.
    Well, it is VERY rare for me to red dot anyone. I just don't do that, unless it is obviously a slam against our university. I know that we all want the same thing that is on my signature and no one should get red dotted for that.

I do not believe in "cutting our losses", though. Last year was a special situation in which the players were NOT a team. In fact, some should have been kicked off mid season. There was no use in going to the WNIT and I believe the right message was sent. The WNIT is not going to snub us, though. That is silly. We didn't hurt their feelings by not going to their tournament. We did what was right for our program.

We still have some games left this year. I know that we ALL hope to get on a hot streak and finish strong. It is about seeding now and about the tournament.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

What planet are you people on? My analysis tells me that the Techsters have won one game this season against a team with a winning record. That was NMSU at home followed later by a defeat at their place. Of the remaining four regular season games, only Neveda has a winning record. Nev. won by four at their place. We stand a chance of winning at the TAC. We should win out, but they haven't managed to win more than two in a row all season. They did manage to lose five in a row this season.
    Even if we do win the last four, it appears that we will be the best of the worst in the WAC.

How can we expect to win the WAC Tournament with a record like ours? How can we expect to get an invitation to the outhouse with a record like ours?

I hope that my pessimistic forecast is wrong, but the odds say no. Wait till next year!

When President Harry Truman sent Gen. Douglas MacArthur to the Pacific, if he had lost it would not have mattered why.

Champ Mean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really niceMean Gene is just really nice

Frown Re: So what would you rather have?

[quote=sharky;584340]What planet are you people on? My analysis tells me that the Techsters have won one game this season against a team with a winning record. That was NMSU at home followed later by a defeat at their place. Of the remaining four regular season games, only Neveda has a winning record. Nev. won by four at their place. We stand a chance of winning at the TAC. We should win out, but they haven't managed to win more than two in a row all season. They did manage to lose five in a row this season.
    Even if we do win the last four, it appears that we will be the best of the worst in the WAC.

How can we expect to win the WAC Tournament with a record like ours? How can we expect to get an invitation to the outhouse with a record like ours?

I hope that my pessimistic forecast is wrong, but the odds say no. Wait till next year!

Wasn't that what we said about this time LAST year??

+ Reply to Thread