+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, What Could Have Been!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Oh, What Could Have Been!

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I prefer to think it's out of respect for Louisiana Tech and Coach Barmore she wears our Tech blue for Championship games. After all, she's a Lady Techster and Tech grad.
    I turned it on at half and joked before I did it stating "I wonder if she is wearing Techster blue again". I was, actually, shocked when I saw it though.

As for respect, she may feel that way about Barmore, but we know that she is saying FU Tech.... She is the type of person that never ever forgives. Her book shows that very clearly - even with her Dad.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't forgive either. We all knew how good she was or could be when she sat next to Coach Barmore. I still root for her at Baylor because she is an alumni and she is the best out there right now.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I really cant blame Kim for going to a school that isnt too skeert to play nlu in football.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Well, actually, he won three too. He just doesn't get credit for all of them.
    Leon did not win three NCAA WBB championships.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Leon did not win three NCAA WBB championships.
    That is correct. Sonja Hogg won 2 NC's and Leon Barmore won 1.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    ZERO money in winning WBB games.

As a guy said long ago, if WBB was relevant, Vegas would take odds on WBB games.

Nobody cares. Nobody cares about her lack of negotiation skills or those of our president who looked away from the sports that really mattered...Football and MBB.
    Her negotiating skills were super. She had a BATNA in her purse. Her BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement) was a lucrative contract from the Baylor AD. She had the comfort of knowing that she could refuse Reneau and Oakes unless she got what she wanted. Refuse she did, and we all know the rest of the story. Reneau and Oakes had no BATNA except enticing Leon out of perhaps the shortest retirement in history. How embarrassing that must have been for them. Yep, Kim was prepared and they weren't. Their efforts were a textbook case of how not to negotiate. That is unless their goal was to run her off.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Her negotiating skills were super. She had a BATNA in her purse. Her BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement) was a lucrative contract from the Baylor AD. She had the comfort of knowing that she could refuse Reneau and Oakes unless she got what she wanted. Refuse she did, and we all know the rest of the story. Reneau and Oakes had no BATNA except enticing Leon out of perhaps the shortest retirement in history. How embarrassing that must have been for them. Yep, Kim was prepared and they weren't. Their efforts were a textbook case of how not to negotiate. That is unless their goal was to run her off.
    And the congregation said....AMEN!

Kim obviously prepared for that "negotiation" just like she does a basketball game. Meanwhile, the other side obviously wasn't prepared at all.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Sharky, to be absolutely correct TECH did not win 3 NCAA National Championships. The first one was AIAW.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

pigtails held another, way more important advantage, in that negotiation: she is a self-serving piece of shit, and Oakes/Reneau were toiling under the misconception that everyone was doing what is best for Tech. They were...she wasn't.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

If she had stayed and won big for a few years she still would have been LONG GONE many years ago for the big money Tech could not pay.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I turned it on at half and joked before I did it stating "I wonder if she is wearing Techster blue again". I was, actually, shocked when I saw it though.

As for respect, she may feel that way about Barmore, but we know that she is saying FU Tech.... She is the type of person that never ever forgives. Her book shows that very clearly - even with her Dad.
    The pregame hype showed Kim performing on behalf of LA Teh as a player and an assistant coach. These were the only roles she was ever given to do. I thought the manner in which her history at Tech was presented was very postitive for Tech. In fact everything that was said about Tech on the broadcast was positive. If my memory serves me correctly, Tech was mentioned with the likes of Tennessee, Uconn and Notre Dame. How can this be bad for Tech even though it was past history?

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    pigtails held another, way more important advantage, in that negotiation: she is a self-serving piece of shit, and Oakes/Reneau were toiling under the misconception that everyone was doing what is best for Tech. They were...she wasn't.
    \

I read what you posted, and unfortunately I can't unread it. However I will work hard to try to forget that you chose to wallow in the gutter.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

\

I read what you posted, and unfortunately I can't unread it. However I will work hard to try to forget that you chose to wallow in the gutter.
    I deal in historic fact.

Historic fact: Adolf Hitler was a POS and was "ruler" of one of the most powerful nations on Earth...for a spell. That was unfortunate ,and is unpleasant to think about. Nevertheless, as distasteful as it was it is historic fact.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I deal in historic fact.

Historic fact: Adolf Hitler was a POS and was "ruler" of one of the most powerful nations on Earth...for a spell. That was unfortunate ,and is unpleasant to think about. Nevertheless, as distasteful as it was it is historic fact.
    Sir, you need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The pregame hype showed Kim performing on behalf of LA Teh as a player and an assistant coach. These were the only roles she was ever given to do. I thought the manner in which her history at Tech was presented was very postitive for Tech. In fact everything that was said about Tech on the broadcast was positive. If my memory serves me correctly, Tech was mentioned with the likes of Tennessee, Uconn and Notre Dame. How can this be bad for Tech even though it was past history?
    Yes, I agree that the network and broadcast did an EXCELLENT job of showing Tech in a great light. I missed the pre-game - wish I would have seen it....

+ Reply to Thread