+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most vivid memory of Kaepernick vs. Tech football

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Most vivid memory of Kaepernick vs. Tech football

Dec. 4, 2010 at The Joe.
    No. 14 Nevada rolls in to play the 5-6 LA Tech Bulldogs in the season finale.
    Wolfpack ahead 21-17 with just over 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

4th and 8 at the Tech 28, Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick takes the shotgun snap and prepares to pass. He is rushed and begins a phenomenal scramble.

From the archives:

On Kaepernick's fourth-down score, Ault called for a screen pass to Vai Taua, who tripped over a defender. Kaepernick, whose elusiveness gave the Bulldogs fits all afternoon, rolled away from pressure and sprinted into the open along the sideline. Just when it looked like he'd ease out of bounds for the first down, he cut inside and outran the pursuit to make it 28-17 in the fourth quarter.
    "That last touchdown run he made when he scrambled on fourth down was unbelievable. That is what he does for us. He makes plays. That's what his legs do for us. He has done that throughout his career here. He is a pretty special guy," Nevada coach Chris Ault said.

"I had to scramble around and make a play. After scrambling aroun a couple of seconds, it was amazing, the play just opened up and the hole was there," Kaepernick said.

That move, faking the ease out of bounds for the first down, and planting his foot at the sideline and cutting back to the endzone is one of the most clever scrambles I've seen.

Here's the sequence as I captured it from the other sideline.

Last edited by Dawgpix; 01-31-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Re: Most vivid memory of Kaepernick vs. Tech football

Hard to forget that one. I think I went through a world of emotion in one play.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep... killer. It does make me feel better seeing him do the same thing in the NFL.

Puppy voodoodog seems to have something between the earsvoodoodog seems to have something between the earsvoodoodog seems to have something between the earsvoodoodog seems to have something between the earsvoodoodog seems to have something between the earsvoodoodog seems to have something between the earsvoodoodog seems to have something between the ears voodoodog's Avatar

So happy to see him graduate. Hated when we had to play this guy.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I'll be routing for the 49ers and him. I hated him in college though.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    I'll be routing for the 49ers and him. I hated him in college though.
    Same here........

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

I must have blocked that play out of my mind along with a lot of other repressed memories of CK lighting up Tech's defense in the past.

Now that he's in the NFL, I can enjoy his work and root for him.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Because of him, I will be a Ravens fan on Sunday.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

"Most vivid memory" begins at 10:21 in this video.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Dec. 4, 2010 at The Joe.
    No. 14 Nevada rolls in to play the 4-7 LA Tech Bulldogs in the season finale.
    Wolfpack ahead 21-17 with just over 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

4th and 8 at the Tech 28, Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick takes the shotgun snap and prepares to pass. He is rushed and begins a phenomenal scramble.

From the archives:

On Kaepernick's fourth-down score, Ault called for a screen pass to Vai Taua, who tripped over a defender. Kaepernick, whose elusiveness gave the Bulldogs fits all afternoon, rolled away from pressure and sprinted into the open along the sideline. Just when it looked like he'd ease out of bounds for the first down, he cut inside and outran the pursuit to make it 28-17 in the fourth quarter.
    "That last touchdown run he made when he scrambled on fourth down was unbelievable. That is what he does for us. He makes plays. That's what his legs do for us. He has done that throughout his career here. He is a pretty special guy," Nevada coach Chris Ault said.

"I had to scramble around and make a play. After scrambling aroun a couple of seconds, it was amazing, the play just opened up and the hole was there," Kaepernick said.

That move, faking the ease out of bounds for the first down, and planting his foot at the sideline and cutting back to the endzone is one of the most clever scrambles I've seen.

Here's the sequence as I captured it from the other sideline.

Attachment 10394
    Attachment 10395
    Attachment 10396
    Attachment 10397
    Attachment 10398
    For VERY obvious reason, I HATED that play.......Although we laugh about it now. He is doing the exact same thing in the NFL.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

When Kaepernick came to Ruston, it was like watching a grown man play against small children. Yes, it was THAT bad.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I usually agree with DFM on most subjects. But I disagreed with Dwayne and many others on here about the supposed Nevada jinx. We didn't have a Nevada jinx. Nevada had Kaepernick and we didn't. That is the nuts and bolts of that jinx right there.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken we are 5-6 vs. Nevada since joining the WAC. But 5-2 in games where Nevada didn't have CK.

The dude is a freak. And from the looks of him in SF he has put on some muscle as well. So now he is even stronger. Like I said, he is a freak.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

My most vivid memory was 2008 when we were winning 31-14 late in the third, and then Kaep led three unanswered TD-scoring drives to beat us 35-31. We actually did a good job containing him on the ground that game, but he crushed us through the air. When UofH started their comeback in Ruston in 2011, I immediately started having flashbacks to the 2008 Nevada game. Fortunately, we ended up getting our revenge on both opponents in 2011 and 2012, and our comeback win at Nevada in 2011 was far more impressive than what Kaep did to us in 2008.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken we are 5-6. . .
    Yes we were. I fixed it. Thanks
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread