+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock Market- Investing

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Stock Market- Investing

I am not a certified financial advisor....which probably means I can offer better advice .

But, seriously, I encourage everyone to investigate, do your own DD on, monthly divie-payers. It's amazing how fast your holding grows when using DRIP on a monthly divie-payers.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Slightly unrelated (and maybe a long shot) anyone participating in DeFi, such as by staking their crypto?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Slightly unrelated (and maybe a long shot) anyone participating in DeFi, such as by staking their crypto?
    7 DeFi Stocks and Investments to Watch for the Blockchain Revolution | InvestorPlace

I
    hold a small position in one of the smaller, startup cryptos but it hasn't done anything...other than lose some value since I bought in. It's a Canadian-based crypto sitting on right-of-first-refusal contract opportunities should the market ever open up. It's also having some issues with the Canadian guvmint getting full approval to operate.

As a whole I don't place much of any hope in the crypto/DeFi industry. At least not for awhile. Lots of hurdles to clear, not the least of which is China's on-again/off-again attitude toward it.

This is so me!

https://www.barrons.com/articles/retirement-saving-51631308703?siteid=yhoof2

Spent my entire adult life building wealth with plans to enjoy a carefree retirement. But, I am working two part-time jobs...partially because I enjoy them. But also because I feel GUILTY if I am not working and getting "earned" income. The money is insignificant, it's more the idea of "work." My wife is guilty too. She has started a small business since retiring last year. This weekend we were at an event where she grossed about $2,500 in sales. She was so pleased with it. It was fun...I am her one unpaid employee in her business. It's entrepreneurship, that notion of building something from scratch.

We are hopeless!

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

We Now Have An Inverted Yield Curve In The Market As Of Today

From Forbes:
    quote:

An inversion is considered an indication of risk in the bond market, and have preceded recessions in 11 out of 11 of the past recessions, with 2 ‘soft landings’ in the last 70 years.
    quote:

We had a prior inversion in early 2019, the Fed reacted with rate cuts, possibly averting or delaying a recession.
    quote:

In the past, the inversions tended to precede recessions by 12-18 months. It might be noted that in most prior inversions, we had a ‘double tap’, where the yield curve inverted two or three times before the recession.
    quote:

A question we should be asking ourselves is whether the inversion is caused by the risk perceived by the markets regarding coronavirus (Covid-19), the inherent risks of a pending recession, or both? Our view is that we don’t know, but it pays to err on the side of caution. When you’re coming down with something, it’s smart to take care of yourself. Prepare for a prospective downturn and be pleasantly surprised if it doesn’t happen.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

The 2 year v 10 year is NOT even close to be inverted. That is the signal. Not the 20 v 30 year.

DWAC

The Trump social media platform, Truth Social, has been merged with the SPAC DWAC. It launched about a week ago, IPO, was all over the map, but seems to have settled for now in the $60ish range. I will open a position in it this week. Starting small, maybe 200 shares; hope to get in around $55 or so. It has tons of potential, but just remember what the commie bastards did to Parler. So, this is a risky investment. If we had a real guvmint, with a real DOJ and a proper Federal Trade Commission, not corrupt to the core, then Trump's endeavor would blow Facebook & Twitter off the map. But, the corrupt powers-that-be, all in the pocket of George Soros et al, will never allow that to happen.

Still, the market is a powerful force, one that, like water, seeks its own level. I think given time, market forces will eventually defeat the evil bastards who will artificially try to derail this endeavor. I believe in America and true Americans and so businesses will, in time, thrive, or not. based on their own merits. These azzholes will be kicked to the curb...we are starting to see it already. Once free to roam Truth Social, and its parent DWAC, will do very well. It will have 30 million paid subscribers and the freebies will generate tens of millions of hits monthly...advertisers will be lining up.

Put DWAC on your stock watch list, follow the news, and pull the trigger and get in when you think the time is right.

Do your own DD!

Gotta love the stock market! Better to love it and roll with the valleys (that come in-between the peaks), adding to positions on dips. It's too easy, and disingenuous, to blame Sleepy Joe for the drop in the market. It marches to its own beat and doesn't give a flip who happens to be POTUS. Now, individual industries and certain companies are impacted by the WH and Congress depending on policies, but the overall market abhors a vacuum and some other parts of it benefit when a sector gets hit.

Sold all my GE when it spiked a couple of weeks ago and got out in the green. Held GE for almost 40 years.

BTW, referencing the above post and DWAC, I have not opened a position, and glad I didn't at $55.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Gotta love the stock market! Better to love it and roll with the valleys (that come in-between the peaks), adding to positions on dips. It's too easy, and disingenuous, to blame Sleepy Joe for the drop in the market. It marches to its own beat and doesn't give a flip who happens to be POTUS. Now, individual industries and certain companies are impacted by the WH and Congress depending on policies, but the overall market abhors a vacuum and some other parts of it benefit when a sector gets hit.

Sold all my GE when it spiked a couple of weeks ago and got out in the green. Held GE for almost 40 years.

BTW, referencing the above post and DWAC, I have not opened a position, and glad I didn't at $55.
    But....

It seems to not care about how well oiled the economy is, either. It just goes up and down regardless of fundamentals and earning multiples, and the same information today that creates the market boom will cause it to plummet tomorrow.

Keep those stop sells for when all the lemmings head for the exits. Bull and bear markets are driven by herd mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    But....

It seems to not care about how well oiled the economy is, either. It just goes up and down regardless of fundamentals and earning multiples, and the same information today that creates the market boom will cause it to plummet tomorrow.

Keep those stop sells for when all the lemmings head for the exits. Bull and bear markets are driven by herd mentality.
    True, and the panic selling, and buying (FOMO) can drive a stock up or down beyond its true valuation and then that spurs holders of other stocks, sometimes totally unrelated, to panic sell (or buy). That's also part of the dynamics of the stock market. Like water (a flood), the market seeks its own level.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    I'll take a 3 1/2 to 4% CD over the possibility of making 7% in the market (assuming I make the proper choices). The reduction of risk is worth the possible 3 percentage points earned on my money.
    It’s really not

Heres what you could likely expect (tax free upon withdrawal) using real stock market performance history just opening a Roth and putting in the minimum each year buying average performing dividend stocks.
    $110,000+ @10yrs
    $450,000+ @20
    $1,500,000+ @30
    $4,700,000+ @40
    Not even joking.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

i am not a certified financial advisor....which probably means i can offer better advice :d.

But, seriously, i encourage everyone to investigate, do your own dd on, monthly divie-payers. It's amazing how fast your holding grows when using drip on a monthly divie-payers.
    yes, yes, yes. Please don’t waste any more time. If you don’t have a roth ira get it set up tomorrow!!!
    If you don’t think you know what stocks to buy in your Roth consider asking someone you trust.

Where does one find a 4% CD referenced above?

My bank(s) don't offer anywhere close to that.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Ha! If you can find it, grab it!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I wish! Gotta go to a ten year to get 1 1/2 percent these days. With inflation what it is, you'd be losing big time on that transaction.

+ Reply to Thread