+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Baylor Football: 52 Rapes in 4 Years Allegation

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Baylor Football: 52 Rapes in 4 Years Allegation

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Is that University Baptist? Visited there when I lived in FW. Actually lived right behind the football stadium
    Yes.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Is that University Baptist? Visited there when I lived in FW. Actually lived right behind the football stadium
    I always thought it was a Church of Christ school. It was actually founded by two brothers who were Church of Christ Disciples which is a very closely related sect. Also very close to Baptist.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I always thought it was a Church of Christ school. It was actually founded by two brothers who were Church of Christ Disciples which is a very closely related sect. Also very close to Baptist.
    TCU was founded by and is (very loosely - see comments above) connected to The Disciples of Christ church.

We're talking about a church called University Baptist Church that's literally across the street from the school (thus the name). If you've been to the area (like for our bowl game) there is also a large Disciples of Christ church (University Christian Church) right next to the school (and the Baptist church we're talking about) that obviously has even stronger ties to the school.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I can understand the confusion. I was asking about the church inudesu was mentioning -- University Baptist Church -- not about TCU. TCU was founded by the Disciples of Christ (which isn't quite the same as Church of Christ). It is pretty much a secular school now, though.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

the Disciples of Christ (which isn't quite the same as Church of Christ).
    Church of Christ believes that all the Presbyterians are going to hell.

Disciples of Christ figure it'll just be most of 'em.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Wickipedia's got nothin' on this board.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TechDawgMc

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Yes.
    University is a bit too formal for my taste, but I do have a friend who was the education minister there quite a few years ago. He's now the director of the Williamson County Baptist Association. Unless you've been there a while it's probably before your time, but his name is Travis Bundrick.

University is a bit too formal for my taste, but I do have a friend who was the education minister there quite a few years ago. He's now the director of the Williamson County Baptist Association. Unless you've been there a while it's probably before your time, but his name is Travis Bundrick.
    I doubt you'd find it formal now. And, yes, that was before our time here. We've only been there around 9 years.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Church of Christ believes that all the Presbyterians are going to hell.

Disciples of Christ figure it'll just be most of 'em.
    And the Catholic Pope recently stated "there is no hell". Go figure....

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And the Catholic Pope recently stated "there is no hell". Go figure....
    According to a 93 year old atheist that doesn't record his conversations or take notes. also, I don't think you need to put "Catholic" in front of Pope. I don't think anyone would confuse him with someone else.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    According to a 93 year old atheist that doesn't record his conversations or take notes. also, I don't think you need to put "Catholic" in front of Pope. I don't think anyone would confuse him with someone else.
    I hope that 93 year old had it all wrong. You're right about adding Catholic.

I will say that, if not true, the Pope should himself come out and deny he said these words or meant what these words imply below.

What exactly did the Pope say?

The quote that began to circulate was in response to the question of where “bad souls” go when they died. Here it is:

“They are not punished. Those who repent obtain God’s forgiveness and take their place among the ranks of those who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot be forgiven disappear. A hell doesn’t exist, the disappearance of sinning souls exists.”

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Scary stuff. Hell isnt real, then what’s the point?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Scary stuff. Hell isnt real, then what’s the point?
    I believe that hell is real, but there could certainly be a point if it wasn't. Various Christian sects have considered annihilationism. They essentially believe that the saved go to be with Jesus and the lost are destroyed in final judgment. It's a minority position for sure, but not one that hasn't been thought through.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I believe that hell is real, but there could certainly be a point if it wasn't. Various Christian sects have considered annihilationism. They essentially believe that the saved go to be with Jesus and the lost are destroyed in final judgment. It's a minority position for sure, but not one that hasn't been thought through.
    Yeah, if you don't take The Bible into account.
    Good old Memorial Gym

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Yeah, if you don't take The Bible into account.
    Do you think John Wesley and CS Lewis didn't take the Bible into account? Both could be characterized as having annihilationist leanings. Again, I'm not one, but it would be a mistake to dismiss it as thoughtless or something only held by those who rejected the Bible.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread