+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Bottom Top 10

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

ESPN Bottom Top 10

Per ESPN's Bottom Top Ten:

We are on the waiting list, but check out the write up for South Florida

South Florida 0-4 - "Transformers:" Remember when the Bulls were a top-10 program under former coach Jim Leavitt? Skip Holtz and Willie Taggart have transformed them into the cellar dwellers of the American Athletic Conference.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...even-spielberg

Sorry in advance for adding fuel to the fire

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: ESPN Bottom Top 10

Well, as they say, facts are facts.....

And just to be clear, no matter how bad Holtz left the program, they should not give up 50+ points to McNeese and get blown out at home. That is on Taggart in my opinion. I personally thought he was a really good hire for them. So far, not working out at all.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't remember USF having a strong program. They seemed like a decent 7-5 program to me. They never did anything in CUSA. Top 10 program? Like LSU, Florida, Alabama, Oregon? No way!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think he is referring to their short breaths of rare air, including 2007:

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticl...ATCLID=1280475
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think he is referring to their short breaths of rare air, including 2007:

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticl...ATCLID=1280475
    That was a fun year.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Conference record under Leavitt:

2003: 5-3
    2004: 3-5
    2005: 4-3
    2006: 4-3
    2007: 4-3
    2008: 2-5
    2009: 3-4

Wow, what a juggernaut!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Leavitt's record:

NCAA Division I-AA Independent (1997–2000)
    1997 5–6
    1998 8–3
    1999 7–4
    2000 7–4
    NCAA Division I-A Independent (2001–2002)
    2001 8–3
    2002 9–2
    Conference USA (2003–2004)
    2003 7–4
    2004 4–7
    Big East Conference (2005–2009)
    2005 6–6
    2006 9–4
    2007 9–4
    2008 8–5
    2009 8–5

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Wow, what a juggernaut!
    Only when compared to where they are now. We should take a good look cause that's where we're headed!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Only when compared to where they are now. We should take a good look cause that's where we're headed!
    I'm not ready to say that yet. It was incredibly stupid not to make better adjustments to stop Army's option, but I don't think Holtz is the program-killer that USF fans make him out to be. He inherited a mess of a team here.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Well, it is nice to see that we are in line waiting. That may be the only "award" we get this year. :bigcry:

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Anyone else look at that BCS list?
    USF, Boston College, Kansas, Kentucky, Hawaii, and Virginia
    My how times have changed...

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I'm not ready to say that yet. It was incredibly stupid not to make better adjustments to stop Army's option, but I don't think Holtz is the program-killer that USF fans make him out to be. He inherited a mess of a team here.
    Dykes lefts holes in several places. At this point I don't think anyone can argue with that. Holtz was never going to be able to take this team and roll into the Top-25 or be near where we were last year on offense. Dykes killed us on the OL more than anywhere. That said there is no way on earth you can convince me we don't have enough talent on this roster to beat Kansas, Tulane and Army. And beat some of them comfortably at that. I don't know if things are going to get better under Holtz or not but it is obvious he is not cutting it this year.

We should have beat Kansas. The coaches called a great game. The 2 fumbles and the missed FG's is on the players. We should have beat Tulane too, but Higgins wasn't ready yet, imo. The coaches lost the Army game. NC State was better than us.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

We lost the Tulane game because the coaches didn't have the team prepared...

In the second half they basically went man to man and dared us to beat them and the staff had NO answer -

As far as Kansas goes, if we play PERFECT we score a maximum of 30 pts on the road against a bottom 10 FBS program - that was just a bad exhibition of football on both sides and the team that sucked the least won...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

The team was prepared until Young went down (9-7 lead at the Half; probably should have been 21-7 if we execute perfectly). Tulane took advantage of our young QB in the second half. We had no answer. I think Higgins had 47 yards passing or something like that (first game ever).

+ Reply to Thread