+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawgs National Defensive Rankings

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Dawgs National Defensive Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I think Hester's tweet has been blown out of proportion a bit. Kind of like drunk posting on a message board, firing off a tweet while still sky high about the teams dominating bowl game performance wasn't a very smart thing to do. It is, however, something I can forgive the guy for being that I think it was done while he was in a state of exuberance after our bowl victory at the end of such a very long and hard season. This coaching staff deservedly took a lot of heat from Tech fans this year. Perhaps Hester and the rest of our staff have been just as frustrated this season as the rest of us and the guy just needed to let off a little steam. I like passion in a coach, so I choose to give Hester a pass this time.
    Amen!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Yes-and telling fans to take it and move on simply fuels the discussion. That may be Tyler’s way to handle things, but the real world doesn’t work that way. Fans will always remember.
    Nah, he said "fake fans". If you're not one, which you aren't, then don't let it bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i think the only people being offended by this are the ones who think he's talking about them. it would never occur to me to think that the phrase "fake fans" could refer to a group that includes me. what sort of unconscious guilt must a person feel to react in such a way to that statement?
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    No reasonable person would find his tweet anything other than classless and unnecessary. I have no guilt and there are a ton of people that believe they underachieved and said so. That said, those "fake fans" have most likely bought tickets and donated money for years prior to him coming to TECH, and will be here long after he is gone. Maybe those "fake fans" are the ones that don't expect better things for our program. It was quite stupid to post that rather than allow people to enjoy a very fun win. If he had simply backed away and used good judgment, we wouldn't be discussing him now.
    There are far more classless posts (thousands) by members on BB&B, mine included, compared to his one which you think qualifies. Let HCSH and Pres. LG handle it if they think it is an issue. Heck they might have already or blown it off like many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Did people tweet derogatory things about LaTech or does he read the message board? I mean, if the "fire skip" dude is on Twitter, he seems like a fake fan to me.
    That might actually be the thread he was PO'd about, if truly upset at all, guys!
    he would have been just taking up for a fellow coach and team for that entire stupid arse thread.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I find it most interesting that he is in the business of coaching but lacks the perspective to see that criticism by fans comes with the territory. I doubt you'll find many coaches around the country who are successful with the "us versus them" attitude. Them being the fans.

He needs to be COACHING his players and making them understand that they can't listen to the outside criticism bc it will always be there when things go bad.

Instead he acted like a child. I guess you could call him a FAKE coach.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

BTW Skip took up for Higgins last season in a much less childish way. He talked about wishing the fan base embraced Higgins more bc he stayed with Tech when he could have transferred. This was after students were changing we want J'Mar vs SCSU.

That's how you should handle it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

FWIW our S&C guy is a trainer not a coach.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    FWIW our S&C guy is a trainer not a coach.
    Wrong, squirrel.

http://www.latechsports.com/staffdir/latc-staffdir.html

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

"Social Media Machismo" is not a good way to impress logical folk, but a fine way to water the weeds of discontent.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    What does he "coach"? How to tote a piece of PVC?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You guys are nuts! Don't be so thin skinned!
    Hyper critics don't like criticism

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Im seeing something of LSU changing OCs this offseason?

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try to translate my impression of his statement. There are levels of fandom. The lowest level is supporting the team rather they win or lose. This is just entertainment to enjoy every Fall season, not a life or death situation. The boys try hard and I appreciate that. I support the program win or lose. We've gone to 4 bowl games in a row and won all 4; this Senior class has won more games than any other Senior class at this level.... times are great! I think this is what Hester believes a "Fan" should be.

The highest level of fandom is the guy who lives vicariously through the team. This is their pride and joy. This is their identity among their friends. A Tech loss is their personal loss. They invest money into the program and demand Access Bowls and Top 25 rankings and beating the teams that outclass them and if they don't, they want everyone fired and they quit on the team half way through the season. They become bitter and say derogatory things about the program in public. This is probably the guy Hester is calling a "fake fan." It's probably the wrong word to use because these are the most passionate fans, but I think he's saying this type of fan does more harm to the program than good.

I've been in both situations and I would encourage the ones Hester calls "fake fans" to move towards being supporters of the programs. There is much more joy in life and much less bitterness if you don't put your heart and soul into a bunch of kids you have no control over. But I also understand how hard that is. I'm still fighting it.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i think the only people being offended by this are the ones who think he's talking about them. it would never occur to me to think that the phrase "fake fans" could refer to a group that includes me. what sort of unconscious guilt must a person feel to react in such a way to that statement?
    Yes. He's talking about you. You participate in a social media forum where, in his view, there is unfair criticism of the coaching staff and the team. He's lumping us all in together. That's been true of every coaching staff and many of our administrators since the inception of the Delphi board in the late 90s. You're one of "them".

And I find humor in reading the last few dozen posts from individuals who feel he's not talking about them. Because he is.

It was that way with many, many members of the coaching staff who worked all the way from Bicknell to today. From individuals who worked for Oakes through Tommy. If Hester felt strongly enough to post what he posted to social media I promise you he shares that viewpoint.

In many cases it's only after those same people leave here for other jobs that they realize just how much this board is really Romper Room. And just how tame of a fanbase we maintain.

+ Reply to Thread