+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baseball. Bulldogs Return Home in Midweek Action Against UL-Lafayette

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Baseball. Bulldogs Return Home in Midweek Action Against UL-Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Grounds for immediate dismissal, IMO.
    That's who he is.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Had a grand two of 3 base runners reach 2nd prior to the 7th inning - cant' be aggressive when there are NO baserunners

I hate the fact that our weak AD played the name game at their request - SICKENING

Makes me question our leadership even more - should of been ULL or UL- Lafayette on the scoreboard
    FWIW, my issue was specifically with the 9th inning. At least 3 Tech runners could've advanced to 2B on ULL's indifference to take away the DP and get into scoring position. That is really bad coaching. Our coaches (1B coach) were in La-La Land.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    On the conservative base running in the 9th...that's straight from the book. You need base runners, and last night, a whole bunch of 'em. 1 run, 2 runs... doesn't matter. The theory is, get on base, and then play it "station to station." The team in front would trade 3 outs for X number of runs. Last night, that would have been 7 runs. So, since those 3 outs are so precious to the team trying to rally, you do nothing to risk giving one of 'em away.

Anyway, that's from Baseball 101, basic strategy.
    Sorry, but that's not correct. When the first baseman is playing back almost on the grass giving you 2B on indifference, you take 2B every time. There's no risk involved, and it takes away the DP and force at 2B. Really bad coaching and base running by Tech in the 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Had a grand two of 3 base runners reach 2nd prior to the 7th inning - cant' be aggressive when there are NO baserunners

I hate the fact that our weak AD played the name game at their request - SICKENING

Makes me question our leadership even more - should of been ULL or UL- Lafayette on the scoreboard
    Our AD is so weak. First time I've ever seen "Bulldogs" on our scoreboard. And it wasn't just weakness on the scoreboard. Our PA guy was also instructed to call ULL the "Ragin Cajuns" or "Cajuns."

Puppy Tech80 has turned a few heads around hereTech80 has turned a few heads around hereTech80 has turned a few heads around here

I watched the game on my phone from the app. The banner on the bottom showing the score displayed "UL-Lafayette."

Quote Originally Posted by Tech80 View Post
    I watched the game on my phone from the app. The banner on the bottom showing the score displayed "UL-Lafayette."
    Because that's a screenshot of the live StatBroadcast system. Can't put nicknames in there.

Our AD cowering to ULL's name request was apparent to everyone at the game. It was obvious our AD was doing his best to avoid offending ULL by refusing to use their real name.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Where are the drive by baseball fans who have a crush on our AD?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Sorry, but that's not correct. When the first baseman is playing back almost on the grass giving you 2B on indifference, you take 2B every time. There's no risk involved, and it takes away the DP and force at 2B. Really bad coaching and base running by Tech in the 9th.
    Uh huh, then the guy is jogging down to 2nd...trips...and gets tagged out!

+ Reply to Thread