+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Big Win?

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Last Big Win?

1991 American South finals against New Orleans

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    1991 American South finals against New Orleans
    Closer than some of the other "opinions" IMO.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

111-109...............Still the best win ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most people know it by the score. I had a T-shirt made just for all my tigger friends

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post

Most people know it by the score. I had a T-shirt made just for all my tigger friends

My favorite bulldog player of all time Byron Newton made the shot to send it to OT.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    My favorite bulldog player of all time Byron Newton made the shot to send it to OT.
    I was in BR for that game, don't remember who scored last to force OT. I actually remembered as LSU rallying to force OT late.

Byron Newton, did, a few days earlier, hit a 3 to send the game at #1 ranked Syracuse into OT. We had trailed 24-4 to open the game and came all the way back to force OT, only to run out of gas....and players....as the zebras made sure we'd be missing some starters for OT.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I was in BR for that game, don't remember who scored last to force OT. I actually remembered as LSU rallying to force OT late.

Byron Newton, did, a few days earlier, hit a 3 to send the game at #1 ranked Syracuse into OT. We had trailed 24-4 to open the game and came all the way back to force OT, only to run out of gas....and players....as the zebras made sure we'd be missing some starters for OT.

I could be wrong, I was as 7 at time.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post

Nope. Does not qualify. We did not win the national championship.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Nope. Does not qualify. We did not win the national championship.
    .......We never have in MBB, so apparently we have had ZERO biggest wins??

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Last Big Win = 83-74 over LaSalle in 1st round of 1989 NCAA tournament

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy View Post
    Last Big Win = 83-74 over LaSalle in 1st round of 1989 NCAA tournament
    Egad! I hope not! That's 28 years ago.

And, as I recall, we were the #9 seed and they #8. So, not a big upset or anything.

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Egad! I hope not! That's 28 years ago.

And, as I recall, we were the #9 seed and they #8. So, not a big upset or anything.
    I just hope that I get to see our Dawgs win another NCAA tournament game in my lifetime. I’m 52 and it has been 27 years since we even made the tourney and 29 years since we won a game. It still baffles me that we had the leading rebounder (Paul Millsap) in the NCAA for 3 consecutive seasons and couldn’t even sniff a bid during that time. The glory days of Coaches Russo and Eagles are long behind us and the way we have opened up conference play in 2017-2018, I don’t expect much this year.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy View Post
    It still baffles me that we had the leading rebounder (Paul Millsap) in the NCAA for 3 consecutive seasons and couldn’t even sniff a bid during that time...
    If we would have had a center and moved Millsap over to PF that could have been another great stretch for LA Tech basketball. We were always undersized in the conference tourney though vs Nevada's 6'-11" C and 6'-10" PF. The Lady Techsters have the same problem matching up our 6-0/6-1 centers vs everyone else's 6-3+ centers.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    If we would have had a center and moved Millsap over to PF that could have been another great stretch for LA Tech basketball. We were always undersized in the conference tourney though vs Nevada's 6'-11" C and 6'-10" PF. The Lady Techsters have the same problem matching up our 6-0/6-1 centers vs everyone else's 6-3+ centers.
    But at the same time.. during his time here millsap has the skill set of a great center. He didn’t shoot jumpers and even then the stretch 4 was a thing.

I think our last big win will be our next win.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I think our last big win will be our next win.
    I thought about saying this but for some reason couldn't get the grammar to fall out right. Spot on!

+ Reply to Thread