+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Details on BVDV Interview on The Tim Fletcher Show

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Re: Details on BVDV Interview on The Tim Fletcher Show

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I don't think we have failed in Shreveport except when we try the Tulsa/SMU type games.
    I think those are more accurately classified as "miserable failures", not just the regular kind of failure. Shreveport games should be once a year at most, and then only big-name type opponents that will draw well. After my last experience there I would actually prefer to never go back. A very FEW, select opponents make sense in Shreveport.

It sickens me that we have worked so hard and come so far with respect to our gameday experience, crowd involvement, facility improvement, and student attendance in Ruston, and it seems some people want to throw all that away and go start over in Shreveport just because their stadium is a little bigger.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I realize maybe you meant football, basketball, etc. but we cannot play more than one football game in Shreveport per year. Basketball and baseball and whatever else I am fine with playing games in Shreveport.
    I did.

Big Dog olddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rough

The only way to draw in the band-wagon fans that are desperately needed to take the next step is to - WIN! LFR is dead on for scheduling games in the Shreveport market and LaTECH is dead on to reach out to an area that will increase our "market." If you wish to see Louisiana Tech become to LSU what Auburn is to Alabama as I do, then these are necessary growing pains. It does not matter if we have home game(s) in Shreveport or the JOE or some mixture, I will be there and my belief is that whether you support games in Shreveport or not - you will too! As the saying goes:
    Anyone
    Anytime
    Anywhere

The question is - do we really mean it? If so, then home games in Shreveport is really not an issue. The issue is WINNING regardless of the venue and in so doing, growing the fan base we need to take the next step.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

^^^^This^^^^

If we can WIN consistently, the fans will come. They will come to either Ruston or to Shreveport, it won't matter. But we have to WIN.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog29 View Post
    As the saying goes:
    Anyone
    Anytime
    Anywhere

The question is - do we really mean it? If so, then home games in Shreveport is really not an issue. The issue is WINNING regardless of the venue and in so doing, growing the fan base we need to take the next step.
    The "anyone, anytime, anywhere" mentality is a detriment to the success of the program. You can not win playing the 3A schedule. Tech has done it and failed. We don't need to keep failing. Scheduling for success is the only way to go. That does not mean acting like the BCS pansies and load up on FCS and faux-FBS teams.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    I think those are more accurately classified as "miserable failures", not just the regular kind of failure. Shreveport games should be once a year at most, and then only big-name type opponents that will draw well. After my last experience there I would actually prefer to never go back. A very FEW, select opponents make sense in Shreveport.

It sickens me that we have worked so hard and come so far with respect to our gameday experience, crowd involvement, facility improvement, and student attendance in Ruston, and it seems some people want to throw all that away and go start over in Shreveport just because their stadium is a little bigger.
    The good thing...is the Shreveport stadium is bigger. The bad is...it is a dump.....and after the game...the Shrevestone cops take an hour to let you out of the stadium!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

^^^^This^^^^

If we can WIN consistently, the fans will come. They will come to either Ruston or to Shreveport, it won't matter. But we have to WIN.
    Winning is the answer!!!!

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I think that the Shreveport game should only happen in August. Students aren't in school yet so we don't miss out on them, gets the season started with a bang (hope) and gets the people in Shreveport thinking about the Bulldogs at the start of the season.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

All "home" games should be at Aillet. Period.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    All "home" games should be at Aillet. Period.
    Wrong. We need Shreveport... Now all conference and Non-AQ home games should be in Aillet.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

It sickens me that we have worked so hard and come so far with respect to our gameday experience, crowd involvement, facility improvement, and student attendance in Ruston, and it seems some people want to throw all that away and go start
    over in Shreveport just because their stadium is a little bigger.
    I do not think any of us want to throw away any of our significant improvements to game days or "start over in Shreveport." We are concerned that our conference mates have much larger athletic budgets than Tech, larger populations in close proximity and larger student bodies. Those attributes could if properly managed result in a constantly widening gap with Tech that could degrade our relative competitiveness. We believe, as members of a CUSA populated by big markets and big schools, we must in short order, aggressively do whatever is necessary to expand our fan base. Playing an annual football game and some basketball, baseball and Olympic sports events there will accelerate fan development which will allow for higher attendance and ticket prices. We are in a money game that will not be won by provincial thought. And by the way denigrating Shreveport would seem to be a little self destructive.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Let's not confuse Sheveport/Bosser/NWLA Fans with that dump of a stadium.

We only "need" that dump of a stadium because CUSA demanded it. We REALLY "need" those fans!

The dump will work out okay for any game that possibly scares 40K in attendance. Playing a game there w/ little draw will only make us look bad when we have a small number in attendance. Hopefully BVDV learned from the Grambling/Shreveport combined screwing that he has to get all the Ts crossed and Is dotted when dealing with that bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    The good thing...is the Shreveport stadium is bigger. The bad is...it is a dump.....and after the game...the Shrevestone cops take an hour to let you out of the stadium!
    You forgot the part about how it is located deep in the heart of the ghetto and when you return to your truck you find the window smashed and all of your stuff stolen. But hey, with local flavor like that who needs the picturesque, wooded hillside by the TAC for tailgating?!?

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    I think that the Shreveport game should only happen in August. Students aren't in school yet so we don't miss out on them, gets the season started with a bang (hope) and gets the people in Shreveport thinking about the Bulldogs at the start of the season.
    This I can agree with. If we must have a home game prior to school opening, Shreveport makes sense (if it is a NAME OOC opponent).

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I think most of us agree, Shreveport makes sense for regional BIG NAME opponents, and early in the season...similar to what we're doing this year vs TAMU. Unless the LSUS merger happens, that should be IT. Now, if our beloved University suddenly has TWO campuses, I think we should revisit investing more in our brand and our athletics in S/B.

+ Reply to Thread