+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: CWS

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Man, those are not fair criticisms. He is a good ballplayer. I hate it as much as you do that 3 legacies didn't choose Tech.
    Not fair? He has been labeled a team leader. I have not commented on the "legacies", but Slaughter is the only true legacy IMO. Malone was never in the running at Tech in a time when his Daddy was pissed at Tech. Mulkey's boy never dreamed of attending Tech. The only thing that has bothered me about her boy going to lsu is that I have look at her when I watch baseball.

BTW, the ESPN production of games is horrible. Where do they find these drama queens? Just call the game.

Big Dog LATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really nice LATECH87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    Exactly what "Mr. Slaughter" are you referring to? If it is me or my son Michael, you would have lost "huge money" on either bet.
    LOL

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

i never worry about the kids that don't come to Tech, I just pull for the ones that do. I don't see any of these 3 making a difference in the number of games Tech won this year.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Exactly what "Mr. Slaughter" are you referring to? If it is me or my son Michael, you would have lost "huge money" on either bet.
    DJDAWG, looking forward to your response to Mickey. Once you take your foot of off your johnson that is. LOL

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Like! (Love!)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

LSU gets too much "benefit of the doubt" from all over the place. It is assumed you are an LSU fan/supporter just because you live in Louisiana. Even if you clearly shout from a mountain top (Driskell) I am a proud Tech grad and supporter, most people would say, "Okay, fine, but you also have to love and support LSU too."

For the most part, only Tech and our good Ragin' Cajun friends dare to stand up to that notion. MOST, and I mean, 90+% of NSU, McNeese, SLU, ulm, Nicholls....etc grads/students/fans LOVE themselves some LSU! They worship at the altar of tigger sports. I know one NSU employee, who is also an NSU alum and big time Demon athletic supporter, who actually rooted for LSU when they played NSU in football. His logic: LSU beating NSU will have no adverse effect on the Demons, but LSU losing to the likes of NSU would greatly damage LSU's national championship hopes.

So....it's not enough for Tech Nation to be "not on the LSU bandwagon," that is too passive. No, we have to be pro-active anti-LSU. No one should be surprised that anyone connected to pigtails is all in for LSU. She is too. She said herself, she would have gladly gone to LSU, actually wanted to, but that Tech was much higher on the WBB ladder at that time and she wanted to compete for national championships. Had LSU's program been on par with Tech's, she would have gone to LSU.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    LSU gets too much "benefit of the doubt" from all over the place. It is assumed you are an LSU fan/supporter just because you live in Louisiana. Even if you clearly shout from a mountain top (Driskell) I am a proud Tech grad and supporter, most people would say, "Okay, fine, but you also have to love and support LSU too."

For the most part, only Tech and our good Ragin' Cajun friends dare to stand up to that notion. MOST, and I mean, 90+% of NSU, McNeese, SLU, ulm, Nicholls....etc grads/students/fans LOVE themselves some LSU! They worship at the altar of tigger sports. I know one NSU employee, who is also an NSU alum and big time Demon athletic supporter, who actually rooted for LSU when they played NSU in football. His logic: LSU beating NSU will have no adverse effect on the Demons, but LSU losing to the likes of NSU would greatly damage LSU's national championship hopes.

So....it's not enough for Tech Nation to be "not on the LSU bandwagon," that is too passive. No, we have to be pro-active anti-LSU. No one should be surprised that anyone connected to pigtails is all in for LSU. She is too. She said herself, she would have gladly gone to LSU, actually wanted to, but that Tech was much higher on the WBB ladder at that time and she wanted to compete for national championships. Had LSU's program been on par with Tech's, she would have gone to LSU.
    Quite a few years back, I was having "A Whiter Shade of Pale" negotiation with this chick at a hotel bar when I was in Baton Rouge on business. Talks broke down when she claimed LSU was "the state school." I politely disagreed and left.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quite a few years back, I was having "A Whiter Shade of Pale" negotiation with this chick at a hotel bar when I was in Baton Rouge on business. Talks broke down when she claimed LSU was "the state school." I politely disagreed and left.

You'll always be one behind...

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

You'll always be one behind...
    I don't understand. Please explain

How do you propose that be done? Our folks are apparently willing to cede the Louisiana name to @ Lafayette.

"anyone connected to pigtails is all in for LSU"

Who is "connected" to Mulkey? And how would that transfer to being "all in for LSU?"

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

Who is "connected" to Mulkey? And how would that transfer to being "all in for LSU?"
    From my understanding, Mulkey's son plays for LSU's team, and D80 (and/or other posters) mentioned that she would have loved to have played for LSU, but only played for Tech because it was more competitive at the time. Thus, she appears to be "all in for LSU"

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coop1448 View Post
    Food for thought. I also get sick to my stomach at the thought of Legacy kid/grandkids going down there. My perspective is this. As a parent you want the BEST opportunity for your kids. Their success = your success. If you have a kid that is top notch, why do you NOT encourage them to go to your alma mater. (I know the bad blood with mulkey) If you encourage them to go south, is that NOT effectively saying your collegiate success was marginal? You were good enough to play for Tech, but your kid needs to go to the flagship. Why? If your answer is "well, LSU is the better school." What does that say about your own ability? Doubt any of these parents are going to say "well, I was better than my kid..."!!! I doubt they can argue that they would have been SOO much more successful had they gone to LSU!! It also follows with professors kids or even alumni kids not involved in athletics. If you encourage your kid to go to another school (Not the school YOU teach at), isn't that saying your ability in some ways-as an educator- sucks? Assuming Tech offers your degree of choice. Go somewhere else for a better education? I also am aware kids have their own minds! As I get older, I am trying to be LESS offended by peoples choices. But, honestly, I do get highly offended when kids don't follow suit, when alumni don't remain loyal. I did follow suit, my brother and sister did. My oldest child did. It was good enough for them and it was good enough for me. #WeAreLaTech #everloyalbe
    On the flip side -- and I'm not a parent, so take this for what it's worth -- don't you want your kids to have a better life than you did? I know I would. I love Louisiana Tech. It was the perfect school for me. I represent Louisiana Tech everywhere I go. I recruit my students to go to Tech. But do I believe Tech is the best school in the country? No, it's not. Anyone who says so is delusional. I legitimately believe it's one of the top 150 schools in the country, and one of the top three schools in Louisiana. But if my kid had a chance to go Harvard or Duke or MIT or one of the premier schools in the country, I'd probably be all for it. If my kid was an elite athlete, and he/she had a chance to start on a program with a chance to win a national championship, I'd probably advise him/her to take that opportunity.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    i never worry about the kids that don't come to Tech, I just pull for the ones that do. I don't see any of these 3 making a difference in the number of games Tech won this year.
    If you don't think Tech would have been better with Kramer Robertson and Jake Slaughter in the starting lineup this year, you're delusional.

I'm sure Jake would have loved to play for Tech, but LSU was much closer to winning a national championship than we were at the time. Students make these decisions all the time. I'm sure we get students all the time who would love to be at another school, but there wasn't an opportunity, just like I'm sure we lose students to plenty of schools who would prefer to be at Tech but didn't get a scholarship offer.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    On the flip side -- and I'm not a parent, so take this for what it's worth -- don't you want your kids to have a better life than you did? I know I would. I love Louisiana Tech. It was the perfect school for me. I represent Louisiana Tech everywhere I go. I recruit my students to go to Tech. But do I believe Tech is the best school in the country? No, it's not. Anyone who says so is delusional. I legitimately believe it's one of the top 150 schools in the country, and one of the top three schools in Louisiana. But if my kid had a chance to go Harvard or Duke or MIT or one of the premier schools in the country, I'd probably be all for it. If my kid was an elite athlete, and he/she had a chance to start on a program with a chance to win a national championship, I'd probably advise him/her to take that opportunity.
    Then we should all stop investing in Louisiana Tech athletics and foolishly wasting our time. The P5's completely control college athletics today, get 90+% of all revenue stream from the NCAA,... and have been able to now purchase their way to extreme superiority over schools like Louisiana Tech. Let's all just be LSU/Alabama/___ fans and forget about our past.

+ Reply to Thread