+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Glad we have a winning season....

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Glad we have a winning season....

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    J'Mar Smith has got what fellow soldiers call a "Fox hole problem". This is when a soldier --who's supposed to be in the foxhole with everyone else-- puts his own needs above the "team's" and doesn't contribute like they do. The other soldiers in the foxhole eventually quit trusting him.

I can't think or a more clear example of a fox hole problem being self induced in sports that when J'Mar tucked the ball and slid 1-yd short of the 1st down marker Saturday night. It was a 3rd down play. He killed our drive right there, instead of simply lowering his head and falling forward for a easy 1st down. He could have easily gotten it, but he was much more interested in protecting himself instead of fighting in the foxhole like everyone else.

This is not attacking J'Mar personally (though one could certainly characterize it as a personality flaw) but rather simply criticizing his play. It's a true account of what happened Saturday night. And its only one example of many this season.
    You're assigning motives to actions.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

BS! Smith is chickenshit! Period.

Do you think Sean Payton wants to see Drew Brees tucking the ball and running for a 1st down, and then diving headfirst to get it!? No way! I'm sure Payton's heart was in his throat. And Brees is by design, NOT a running QB. But, since he is a REAL QB, and REAL competitor, and a REAL team guy...he does whatever it takes to win games. Do any of you fools think J'Mar Smith is somehow so superior to Brees that he shouldn't risk an injury? It's okay for Brees to run....but not the rock star J'Mar Smith, eh!

Motives to actions? That's an easy one. Smith is all about self-preservation and the good of the team be damned!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Do you think Sean Payton wants to see Drew Brees tucking the ball and running for a 1st down, and then diving headfirst to get it!? No way! I'm sure Payton's heart was in his throat. And Brees is by design, NOT a running QB. But, since he is a REAL QB, and REAL competitor, and a REAL team guy...he does whatever it takes to win games. Do any of you fools think J'Mar Smith is somehow so superior to Brees that he shouldn't risk an injury? It's okay for Brees to run....but not the rock star J'Mar Smith, eh!

Motives to actions? That's an easy one. Smith is all about self-preservation and the good of the team be damned!
    You're speaking out of your trousers! No surprise. I'd love to see you call J'Mar a coward to his face. My money says you'd just nod your head and compliment him! Hahaha!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    You're assigning motives to actions.
    So? What's your point? You think people don't have motives? LOL!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You're speaking out of your trousers! No surprise. I'd love to see you call J'Mar a coward to his face. My money says you'd just nod your head and compliment him! Hahaha!
    Nope. Wrong again.

So? What's your point? You think people don't have motives? LOL!
    I just think your ability to discern motives is...shall we say...lacking.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

....and thus, Drew Brees will always be one of the most protected guys in the foxhole. His teammates love him, and trust him. They protect him because they know he'll stick his neck out for them. Just a fact.

I just think your ability to discern motives is...shall we say...lacking.
    I think you inability to discern and evaluate motives is....shall we say.....deeply flawed and morally bankrupt.

I think you inability to discern and evaluate motives is....shall we say.....deeply flawed and morally bankrupt.

Okay. I'm comfortable with our agreement to disagree.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

He's had good games and he's had bad games.

Obviously, if we were ever going to beat LSU or MSU (or win the whole conference) we were going to need our QB to almost always be amazing. He's not that.

But if you had to guess, of course a QB is going to look better against Rice (as I predict he will this week) than MSU or LSU this season. UAB felt bad in the moment, but they've turned out to be pretty good. We're still in good shape to win 8-10 games this season.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ith-1/gamelog/

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

J'Mar is probably a fine young man, but he sucks as a college QB. Not a character assassination, just a talent assassination.

Yay, he can win a game VS CUSA folk.......big freaking deal

It makes ZERO sense why other kids are not getting some real game time experience.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

We still have 3 conference games left. All except USM should be easy wins. That being said, why do I have this eerie feeling about playing Rice and WKU? I will answer my own rhetorical question: I have no confidence in either our qb or our head coach. We could be looking at 2 WTF games and a seemingly impossible-to-beat rival ahead. The title of this thread is only assumed. We are at 6-3 with 4 games left. Two are easily winnable and two are going to be tough. I don't even know who #13 (bowl game) is, but the law of averages is bound to catch us at some point.

Pessimistic? You bet, but more like pragmatic. Two of our 3 losses are horrible. 3 of our 6 wins are ones that we could have easily lost all three. We could be looking at 3-6 just as easily as 6-3 right now. These last 4 games will probably define us for quite a time to come.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    We still have 3 conference games left. All except USM should be easy wins. That being said, why do I have this eerie feeling about playing Rice and WKU? I will answer my own rhetorical question: I have no confidence in either our qb or our head coach. We could be looking at 2 WTF games and a seemingly impossible-to-beat rival ahead. The title of this thread is only assumed. We are at 6-3 with 4 games left. Two are easily winnable and two are going to be tough. I don't even know who #13 (bowl game) is, but the law of averages is bound to catch us at some point.

Pessimistic? You bet, but more like pragmatic. Two of our 3 losses are horrible. 3 of our 6 wins are ones that we could have easily lost all three. We could be looking at 3-6 just as easily as 6-3 right now. These last 4 games will probably define us for quite a time to come.
    The fact that we will have a hard time beating USM tells you all you need to know about the state of Tech football. We “should” easily be double digit favorites in all 3, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost all of them.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

As the father of a son who is attempting to play quarterback at the high school level for a traditional powerhouse program - I've been a little less critical of J'mar than I would of in the past...

I've seen the pressure he has faced since stepping off the field after the final snap of Jr High ball -

Don't get me wrong, he loves it and eats it up - but it's still pressure even when you are a freshman and are still learning the ropes and getting mop up duties

I can only imagine the pressure at the next level, especially at the place where the qb position is so visible and prominent

That said - Skip has been horrible the last year and half managing J'mar and having an adequate backup sepecialy considering his success with Sokol. Driscol and Higgins
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

In the radio show with Teddy tonight, HCSH mentioned that Tech team is 100% academically eligible. He also mentioned that this Fall quarter the team set a new high mark for team GPA. This is something all of us can be proud of, even though it is off the field. He also mentioned that Tech football does not have the reputation like some of these other schools with off the field player problems. As someone who lives in FSU Seminole (there's another name they are known by) country I can appreciate that Tech's program IS well respected outside of Louisiana.

Coaching question: SH also mentioned that his wife stays on him as to why we dont employ a tight end in our game plan. (Go Mrs. Holtz, haha!) He said we don't use one. Why DONT we use a tight end? Seems like we could sneak that in from time to time for a sure gain.

+ Reply to Thread