+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Bulldog Earle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the rough

Re: Someone Has Finally Listened - Southern Univeristy Coming to Ruston in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    After all these years . . . an avid sports fan is unaware of the term Lady Techsters. Wow. Just wow.
    I am aware that Tech's lady basketball team is called the "Lady Techsters." But I didn't know that all women teams were referred to as Lady Techsters. My home girl, Ellanor Griffin, played for the Lady Techsters back in the day when their wowmen's basketball program was on top. That is the only women's program at Tech with which I am familiar.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Earle View Post
    I am aware that Tech's lady basketball team is called the "Lady Techsters." But I didn't know that all women teams were referred to as Lady Techsters. My home girl, Ellanor Griffin, played for the Lady Techsters back in the day when their wowmen's basketball program was on top. That is the only women's program at Tech with which I am familiar.
    She walked up next to me at the training table. I'm 6' and felt like Mickey Rooney.

Bulldog Earle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the roughEarle is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The fighting Ricky Weeks, I can't remember which?

Maybe the fighting Avery Johnsons?

The Harold Carmichaels

But I do love me some of the Bradford Marsalias?
    Your knowledge of Jaguar athletics, from a historical perspective, is relatively impressive, although I realize Branford Marsalis was not an athlete.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I've always liked Southern and have been a proponent of scheduling y'all for a long long time -

Loved it when y'all beat the fighting Bobby Cremins in the Dance and upset LSU and took them to the brink at the Box -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog Statboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Are you acquaintance with Dorothy Jackson Earle?

Quote Originally Posted by Statboy View Post
    Are you acquaintance with Dorothy Jackson Earle?
    I don't know, Blue. The name does sound familiar!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I've always liked Southern and have been a proponent of scheduling y'all for a long long time -

Loved it when y'all beat the fighting Bobby Cremins in the Dance and upset LSU and took them to the brink at the Box -
    Yes, I was besides myself when we beat Geogia Tech! Felt the same way when we beat Texas A & M a couple of years ago. All hell would have broken loose if we could have pulled the upset against #1 ranked Gonzaga in the big dance 3 years ago.

Varsity Bulldog Statboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeStatboy Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I don't know, Blue. The name does sound familiar!

Good friend of mines who teaches law at SU after getting her Law degree there.

She was on that 81-86 Tech team

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Tix came today! Football is getting closer. Looking forward to the season, and excited about our opener. Will be great day for college football in Ruston. Have had some differences with one of their fans, Slackboy, but know that SU has great fans and there will be plenty of yellow and blue that day.

Tech fans, don't wait, get your tix!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Tix came today! Football is getting closer. Looking forward to the season, and excited about our opener. Will be great day for college football in Ruston. Have had some differences with one of their fans, Slackboy, but know that SU has great fans and there will be plenty of yellow and blue that day.

Tech fans, don't wait, get your tix!
    Got my tix today as well! Looking forward to the game with great anticipation. My son-in-law, a Tech grad, and his daughter will be driving over from Dallas, and an initial party of one (myself) has turned into a party of nine and growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Statboy View Post
    Good friend of mines who teaches law at SU after getting her Law degree there.

She was on that 81-86 Tech team
    I apparently had already graduated from the law school at the time she arrived. But I do know of her now that you mentioned she is a law professor at SU. Initially I thought there was some relationship between her and Ellenor Griffin. Did you know Faith Jenkins? She also is a SU law alum who received her BS from La Tech. She has her own T.V. show called "Judge Faith." She also was selected as Miss Louisiana during her Senior year at SU. I believe her show airs on ABC daytime.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3VOQaYrwuk

I see mostly red in the stands. Where were all the SU fans?
    Great show though. That band is damn good. There's lots of stuff to remember if you are marching in THAT band.

I like when the band did the song "Call Me" by Blonde. And the big fat guy dancing at the end was terriffic. Really good show!!
    Last edited by HogDawg; 08-07-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

How's Elinor Griffin doing? In my opinion, Elinor Griffin is one of the main people who helped the Lady Techsters get the whole thing started. Elinor was the first big "star" athlete for the Ladiy Techsters. She played in the late 1970's. Before Pam Kelly, before Kim Mulky, before Venus Lacy and Theresa Weatherspoon, and before a long line of others, there was Elinor Griffin.

Puppy BlueNGold4Life is just really niceBlueNGold4Life is just really niceBlueNGold4Life is just really niceBlueNGold4Life is just really niceBlueNGold4Life is just really niceBlueNGold4Life is just really niceBlueNGold4Life is just really niceBlueNGold4Life is just really niceBlueNGold4Life is just really nice

Got my tickets yesterday!!! Sooooo ready for the season opener!!! Jaguar fans have been advised to get their tickets early since many Grambling fans (who will not be attending Grambling's game in California) have stated that they will be attending the SU/LA Tech game. Game tickets will also be available for purchase at the SU Fall Fan Fest set for August 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    How's Elinor Griffin doing? In my opinion, Elinor Griffin is one of the main people who helped the Lady Techsters get the whole thing started. Elinor was the first big "star" athlete for the Ladiy Techsters. She played in the late 1970's. Before Pam Kelly, before Kim Mulky, before Venus Lacy and Theresa Weatherspoon, and before a long line of others, there was Elinor Griffin.
    I have actually lost all connection with Elanor. I know that she has a brother, Leonard, living somewhere in Noertheast Louisiana and a cousin living here in Monroe.

+ Reply to Thread