+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1238

Thread: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The O.K. "Buddy" Davis Pressbox (former Demolition Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    How did we end up with a gang war between the sides of the Joe 
    Social media

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    I will be looking forward to BoxerDawg's report of the scrimmage as well as others outlook of the teams later this evening!
    This is for you my friend.

First off, it was hot as Hades out there. I mean, scorching hot! I take that as an important because the players had to be extremely self-disciplined and focused to not pay attention to the fact that their cleats were melting on the turf.

Like the article said, the offense had a number of big plays. Tarzan was the most effective I've ever seen. I think Veal will be the primary target but Smith spread it around. They didn't really do much with Craft or Boston because, I think, there's no need to risk injury. Seemed to me that J'Mar is working to establish better chemistry with McKnight. There are some timing issues there. Those thing were being worked on and got better as the scrimmage progressed. If I were to pick a "where did this guy come from?" player, it would be Cee Jay Powell. He's got the spark of a play-maker (sorta reminds me of Tevin King or Phillip Livas). First team WR is Veal, Tarzan, Watts, and McKnight but there are a number of guys in the rotation and I expect play will determine opportunity.

If it's me, I'm playing my best athletes for db. I like Spencer, Roberson, Robertson, and Sneed at DB. We missed Cooper at safety. He's the leader of the defense imo. The DL has more talented depth than I've ever seen at Tech. Canty is similar to IK. Ferguson will be one of the best DE's to ever play at Tech, and he will prove it this season. (I realize the magnitude of that statement.) Bradford and Davenport compliment one another. Bradford is more of a bull and Davenport is more of a torero. It's sort of a force and finesse combination. I also noticed Cedric Johnson is a force similar to Bradford. Wallace didn't play much today, and I wondered why.

Farris is the best LB. He is probably around 230 pounds now. I honestly think Durman is outplaying Scott. Both will play, but that could get interesting as the season progress in terms of who earns the majority of snaps. If Cleveland played, I didn't see him. I did notice Washington a couple of times. Seems to me that Blankenship should be an outside LB or SS or whatever who gets to play. I like his game.

King impressed me today. Baldwin did not. I have heard good things about Sam at corner but I didn't like his body language. Cooper will make a difference in the DB's. He's their leader.

I thought Aussie was better at punting today but I honestly believe the other guy should get the job. He's just more consistent.

We're going to beat the living daylights out of NSU. I think it will be close for a quarter and then become like the game against Southern a couple of years ago. I don't know if we can beat Miss State, but I'd rather be us than them. WKU's offense will be a reality check.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

You get an A+ on the info, boxer!!! Green for you!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    This is for you my friend.

First off, it was hot as Hades out there. I mean, scorching hot! I take that as an important because the players had to be extremely self-disciplined and focused to not pay attention to the fact that their cleats were melting on the turf.

Like the article said, the offense had a number of big plays. Tarzan was the most effective I've ever seen. I think Veal will be the primary target but Smith spread it around. They didn't really do much with Craft or Boston because, I think, there's no need to risk injury. Seemed to me that J'Mar is working to establish better chemistry with McKnight. There are some timing issues there. Those thing were being worked on and got better as the scrimmage progressed. If I were to pick a "where did this guy come from?" player, it would be Cee Jay Powell. He's got the spark of a play-maker (sorta reminds me of Tevin King or Phillip Livas). First team WR is Veal, Tarzan, Watts, and McKnight but there are a number of guys in the rotation and I expect play will determine opportunity.

If it's me, I'm playing my best athletes for db. I like Spencer, Roberson, Robertson, and Sneed at DB. We missed Cooper at safety. He's the leader of the defense imo. The DL has more talented depth than I've ever seen at Tech. Canty is similar to IK. Ferguson will be one of the best DE's to ever play at Tech, and he will prove it this season. (I realize the magnitude of that statement.) Bradford and Davenport compliment one another. Bradford is more of a bull and Davenport is more of a torero. It's sort of a force and finesse combination. I also noticed Cedric Johnson is a force similar to Bradford. Wallace didn't play much today, and I wondered why.

Farris is the best LB. He is probably around 230 pounds now. I honestly think Durman is outplaying Scott. Both will play, but that could get interesting as the season progress in terms of who earns the majority of snaps. If Cleveland played, I didn't see him. I did notice Washington a couple of times. Seems to me that Blankenship should be an outside LB or SS or whatever who gets to play. I like his game.

King impressed me today. Baldwin did not. I have heard good things about Sam at corner but I didn't like his body language. Cooper will make a difference in the DB's. He's their leader.

I thought Aussie was better at punting today but I honestly believe the other guy should get the job. He's just more consistent.

We're going to beat the living daylights out of NSU. I think it will be close for a quarter and then become like the game against Southern a couple of years ago. I don't know if we can beat Miss State, but I'd rather be us than them. WKU's offense will be a reality check.
    Wow! Boxerdog strikes again! Well done. Thank you. I'm getting fired up for football season now.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Facilities babeeeeeeee!!!!

I guess I feel kind of bad for any suckers who thought they were investing in Tech's athletic success ...

But hey, aint those VIP suites swanky!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Facilities babeeeeeeee!!!!

I guess I feel kind of bad for any suckers who thought they were investing in Tech's athletic success ...

But hey, aint those VIP suites swanky!
    It's all about $$$ - not recruits. It will generate revenue for years to come and it was paid for by donors

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    It's all about $$$ - not recruits.
    You calling TMac a liar?

https://twitter.com/LATechSports/sta...47188778946561

We were hornswoggled that It will generate revenue for years to come and it was paid for by suckers
    fixed

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I still think they have an impact on recruitment, they can be crucial, but so is a winning program!

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Student/Frat/Sorority section was almost empty after the half! As it is for every game...

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    It's all about $$$ - not recruits. It will generate revenue for years to come and it was paid for by donors
    Exactly. Those suites will be generating revenue long after Skippy and TMac are no longer employed in Ruston.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    Student/Frat/Sorority section was almost empty after the half! As it is for every game...
    What’s worse, the students leaving at half or the actual football team?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Got to show up up in order to leave. Still not sure we haven't been using substitutes.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    There was a time I wanted the university to do everything it could to make game day more hospitable and attractive to students to try and keep them there for four quarters.
    Now....I have no idea why they would want to show up, much less stay four quarters.

Puppy bullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the ears

The student attendance has really bothered me. First, it dropped a lot after the Hideaway debacle. I asked a student why so many students are not showing up. I explained how big the Southern Miss game was. She said most students don't know anything about the team's we play. Mainly conference. They know NSU and Miss State. I just remember as a student 2006-2010, more students showed and stayed longer. But this isn't just a Tech problem, it is happening all over. Maybe the administration will change the Hideaway non sense for next year.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

I watched some college football on TV while working today. EVERY game that I watched had vast sections of empty seats.

It is not just a LaTech problem.

+ Reply to Thread