+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: 9/1: South Alabama Game

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/1: South Alabama Game

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    24 of 37 is 65%. That's not bad....not bad IF the majority of the passes are downfield, and higher risk, lower % of success passes even in the 15-20 yard range. I don't know...although I suspect one of you gurus will now post said numbers...what percentage were dink & dunk short passes vs. downfield passes last night.

Besides!!! the opponent was a SWACer! That doesn't count.

Let's see, I am seeing a lot of anti-Jack Abraham posts. It bears remembering his first game when he hung up great numbers was vs. Jackson State, a SWACer. He didn't exactly light up the Chickenhawks last night. And it's not just an FCS thing. There are some good FCS teams that play good football. This has everything to do with the opponent being from the SWAC. Heck, NSU crushed Grambling last night 34-7. I like Brad Laird and think he's gonna do good things for NSU. But, not this year. NSU is a run-of-the-mill FCS program and they smashed a SWACer.

So, okay, Jack Abraham appears to be not-so-good....and we should all be thrilled about that. How bad would it have been if he became the 2nd coming of Brett Favre? We'd be sick about it!

Let's review....

Abraham looks great vs. a SWACer, not so good vs. a Belcher.

Smith looks great vs. a SWACer, not so good vs. a Belcher.

I'd say the verdict is still out on both.
    I think and hope J'Mar will have a better year than Abraham, he should, but when it is all said and done, I think they will be quite comparable, Smith having the edge. We play some crappy teams and so does USM, so like you said, hard to tell.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    How about some middle ground. J’Mar is the youngest starter we’ve had since who? Luke? Maybe Ross Jenkins (can’t remember)?
    ahem ​ … Isham

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....yeah, for you crazy people that think J'Mar is the second coming, just be thankful J'Mar never lost a 1-point game he should have won...Oh wait......
    Imagine if he pulls up the upset in two weeks? Might not be the second coming, but it will be interesting to see what people are saying about the guy. I'm not predicting such a thing, just speaking out loud.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    ahem ​ … Isham
    He was 16 right?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    ahem ​ … Isham
    Must’ve blocked it out!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

How about some middle ground. J’Mar is the youngest starter we’ve had since who? Luke? Maybe Ross Jenkins (can’t remember)? He’s not playing as well as his three predecessors played as 5th year seniors.

I think J’Mar’s curse is the Arkansas game where he looked great. He misses some throws and is learning how to respond to pressure.

That said, Abraham is only USM’s starter because of injuries. I think HD’s journalism background is itching for the exposé on the scorned QB.
    Let's not forget, LA Tech had MAJOR QB problems last year --and in Game 1 THIS year-- and yet, some people like DogsWin are just as bad as Skip Holtz about digging in and still being in QB denial. I'm from the "next man up" school. When you've got other players on the bench, you give 'em a try when the starter is failing.

For the record, I NEVER said Jack Abraham was the answer. I did say that I didn't think Abraham got a fair shake at LA Tech, due to Holtz's man-love for J'Mar. (Shocking, I know. Ha!) DW is just nervous that Abe is now the starter at USM. That's why he was so quick to report the specifics that USM lost the game last night due to Abe's apparent mistakes. DW was apparently much more concerned with those game results than I was. LOL!

I've also never said Weston Elliott was the answer. I've simply stated that when things get really BAD -- as they sometimes do at QB for LA Tech, be prepared to TRY SOMEBODY ELSE!! What's wrong with that? If Elliott is the next man up, why not try him? We've never even tried. Believe it or not, this actually works occasionally. It worked for Alabama. Nick Saban changed QB's in the middle of the NC game, and it saved Bama a national championship title. But what does Saban know anyway?

Remember, we lost AT LEAST 4 games last year that we would have never lost, if we had simply had better QB play. We also became a laughingstock when we had the biggest yardage loss from the line of scrimmage in the history of NCAA football. Remember the play that left us with 3rd down and 93 yds to go? BTW, that play (against MSU) was shown again yesterday on ESPN's Gameday program. Of course, everyone got another laugh.

As far as I'm concerned, we've already paid our dues with J'Mar at QB. Its time for some ROI. He played very well against Southern U, but that was an FCS school. I want him to play like that against the FBS schools on our schedule.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    24 of 37 is 65%. That's not bad....not bad IF the majority of the passes are downfield, and higher risk, lower % of success passes even in the 15-20 yard range. I don't know...although I suspect one of you gurus will now post said numbers...what percentage were dink & dunk short passes vs. downfield passes last night.

Besides!!! the opponent was a SWACer! That doesn't count.

Let's see, I am seeing a lot of anti-Jack Abraham posts. It bears remembering his first game when he hung up great numbers was vs. Jackson State, a SWACer. He didn't exactly light up the Chickenhawks last night. And it's not just an FCS thing. There are some good FCS teams that play good football. This has everything to do with the opponent being from the SWAC. Heck, NSU crushed Grambling last night 34-7. I like Brad Laird and think he's gonna do good things for NSU. But, not this year. NSU is a run-of-the-mill FCS program and they smashed a SWACer.

So, okay, Jack Abraham appears to be not-so-good....and we should all be thrilled about that. How bad would it have been if he became the 2nd coming of Brett Favre? We'd be sick about it!

Let's review....

Abraham looks great vs. a SWACer, not so good vs. a Belcher.

Smith looks great vs. a SWACer, not so good vs. a Belcher.

I'd say the verdict is still out on both.
    Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Imagine if he pulls up the upset in two weeks? Might not be the second coming, but it will be interesting to see what people are saying about the guy. I'm not predicting such a thing, just speaking out loud.
    I agree with you. If a LA Tech player wants to be remembered for what he did on the playing field, that's the game/opportunity for him to be remembered for a loooong time.

Must’ve blocked it out!
    Hey Johnny...you've got to change your avatar. You still have the old, out-dated, "Red T" version that everyone disiked, and the school CHOSE to get away from. Get current with the branding, will ya?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Let's not forget, LA Tech had MAJOR QB problems last year --and in Game 1 THIS year-- and yet, some people like DogsWin are just as bad as Skip Holtz about digging in and still being in QB denial. I'm from the "next man up" school. When you've got other players on the bench, you give 'em a try when the starter is failing.

For the record, I NEVER said Jack Abraham was the answer. I did say that I didn't think Abraham got a fair shake at LA Tech, due to Holtz's man-love for J'Mar. (Shocking, I know. Ha!) DW is just nervous that Abe is now the starter at USM. That's why he was so quick to report the specifics that USM lost the game last night due to Abe's apparent mistakes. DW was apparently much more concerned with those game results than I was. LOL!

I've also never said Weston Elliott was the answer. I've simply stated that when things get really BAD -- as they sometimes do at QB for LA Tech, be prepared to TRY SOMEBODY ELSE!! What's wrong with that? If Elliott is the next man up, why not try him? We've never even tried. Believe it or not, this actually works occasionally. It worked for Alabama. Nick Saban changed QB's in the middle of the NC game, and it saved Bama a national championship title. But what does Saban know anyway?

Remember, we lost AT LEAST 4 games last year that we would have never lost, if we had simply had better QB play. We also became a laughingstock when we had the biggest yardage loss from the line of scrimmage in the history of NCAA football. Remember the play that left us with 3rd down and 93 yds to go? BTW, that play (against MSU) was shown again yesterday on ESPN's Gameday program. Of course, everyone got another laugh.

As far as I'm concerned, we've already paid our dues with J'Mar at QB. Its time for some ROI. He played very well against Southern U, but that was an FCS school. I want him to play like that against the FBS schools on our schedule.
    The "ole ball coach" AKA Steve Spurrier would yank a QB in a hot second and stick in a backup. Sometimes holding a clipboard for a while gives you some time to look at things from a different point of view.

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

....yeah, for you crazy people that think J'Mar is the second coming, just be thankful J'Mar never lost a 1-point game he should have won...Oh wait......

Your dislike for J’Mar is showing, actually it has always showed. No need to try and hide it now, we all know you would have preferred him on the bench. Hey your golden boy just lost to ULM hahaha. Don’t ever say another word. That has to sting ha.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I understand. I was one who was yelling for J'Mar to get a shot when Higgins looked bad early his senior season. There's an element of "You gotta prove the other guy is this bad"...I get it. I just don't think J'Mar has been that bad yet. I hope he turned a corner this weekend. I'm sure there will be regressions, but let's hope they're minimal. I've maintained that J'Mar needs to play loose and that the coaches can help or hurt in that pursuit. They seemed to help last night.

Anyway, here's to 2-0!

And, you know you like my vintage tech helmet avatar
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    The "ole ball coach" AKA Steve Spurrier would yank a QB in a hot second and stick in a backup. Sometimes holding a clipboard for a while gives you some time to look at things from a different point of view.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    Your dislike for J’Mar is showing, actually it has always showed. No need to try and hide it now, we all know you would have preferred him on the bench. Hey your golden boy just lost to ULM hahaha. Don’t ever say another word. That has to sting ha.

I've always thought J'Mar is overrated. Why? Because I've SEEN HIM PLAY in 16 games.

You're gonna look like a bigger turd that you already are if ole Abe turns out to be better than J'Mar. Could happen.

Big Dog Terence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of lightTerence32 is a glorious beacon of light Terence32's Avatar

I've always thought J'Mar is overrated. Why? Because I've SEEN HIM PLAY in 16 games.

You're gonna look like a bigger turd that you already are if ole Abe turns out to be better than J'Mar. Could happen.

Don't be a bigger joke than what you already are. Trust me you are a joke.
    You want J'Mar to fail don't you? Freaking clown

+ Reply to Thread