+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Largest Electronics Recall in US History - Dell Laptop Batteries

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Largest Electronics Recall in US History - Dell Laptop Batteries

Here's a good link to help you determine if you computer could catch on fire:
    http://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

Re: Largest Electronics Recall in US History - Dell Laptop Batteries

see this is why Dell sucks! sorry but they do. I fix computers and I see more dells then any other computer

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jen_Leigh View Post
    see this is why Dell sucks! sorry but they do. I fix computers and I see more dells then any other computer
    Duh, but who sells more computers then the rest?? My Dell at the house AND the office work PERFECTLY. Sometimes it's not the company, but the users.

I've had an eMachine and a Gateway, and would pay people to take those away from me!
    Oh well... to each their own.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I've had an eMachine and a Gateway, and would pay people to take those away from me!
    I have had an eMachines laptop for 2 1/2 years and they only hardware problem I have had was when my four-year-old wrenched the screen up and tore out the left hand hinge. My Best Buy warranty took care of that.

The only software problem I had was when I upgraded to Windows XP service pack 2. I had to get some new drivers from eMachines to fix the screwiness that caused.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    I have had an eMachines laptop for 2 1/2 years and they only hardware problem I have had was when my four-year-old wrenched the screen up and tore out the left hand hinge. My Best Buy warranty took care of that.
    My Best Buy warranty got me a new battery. All I had to do is call and tell them that my battery was dead, and they mailed me a new one without even looking at my battery. Lithium ion batteries cost between $100-$150.

I have a Toshiba Satellite notebook pc, and I've had to send it in to Best Buy three times because their is a defect in the heating element with my model. Last time I sent it in, they informed me that next time I send it in to be sure and save all the files I may need because I won't get that computer back. They will send me a brand new computer!

That 3 year warranty has really paid off.

BTW, if you order your computer online or via phone or magazine, ask about student discounts because almost every computer company gives a 10% discount to college students. That goes for iPods too.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

yes and apple is even considering more of a discount. It pays to be a rep haha

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Jen, I'm in the market for a lap-top on the cheap. I've got a mac at home, but some of my class stuff needs microsoft...plus, I'd like to take my lap-top to class (I type much faster than I write). So, what would you get if you were planning on spending roughly a grand. Thanks.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

you can just get the microsoft office suite for mac . . . i have it . . . pm me

+ Reply to Thread