+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bowl Games

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2017 Bowl Games

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Ordinarily I would like the idea of playing SMU in the Frisco Bowl too. The only downside is, we don't match up well with an SMU team that passes the football 99% of the time. Tech might lose to SMU, 56-10. That's why I think a matchup with Army might be better.

I agree, but I think we are underdogs in any game we will play in and I would hate to lose to SMU. Losing to Army is probably better for the folks who live the the metroplex.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I agree, but I think we are underdogs in any game we will play in and I would hate to lose to SMU. Losing to Army is probably better for the folks who live the the metroplex.
    Very true!

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

We DO NOT lose bowl games. Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    For Tech, this is the bowl for us. In the heart of the DFW market we are trying to recruit students. I suspect Tech attendance will be lower this year regardless of location and Frisco is a very small stadium which should be filled for the game. If we play SMU it will be a lot of blue and red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    Would love to see us in Frisco! Great city, new bowl location so local excitement. Would be nice have football for bowl game, baseball for Frisco Classic, and basketball for CUSA tournaments all in Frisco in four months.
    I've read a lot on here about the Dawgs needing the extra practices for next year. Wouldn't that make the indy bowl a "good" choice since it is played on 12/27?

My preference is the Frisco Bowl for the reason stated in the other posts. Not too keen on the size of stadium but it would look good on TV to have a capacity crowd. After that, I like the Armed Forces Bowl. Again, because it gives us presence in DFW. The NOLA Bowl is lowest on my list.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    I've read a lot on here about the Dawgs needing the extra practices for next year. Wouldn't that make the indy bowl a "good" choice since it is played on 12/27?
    Some believe the extra practices are an important part of going bowling. I'm not one of those and think it is more of a coach speak talking point. We didn't use all of our practices last year. This year our coaches will be focused on early signing so I'm not sure how productive practice will be anyway.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post

My preference is the Frisco Bowl for the reason stated in the other posts. Not too keen on the size of stadium but it would look good on TV to have a capacity crowd. After that, I like the Armed Forces Bowl. Again, because it gives us presence in DFW. The NOLA Bowl is lowest on my list.
    The later the bowl is the more practices they can get in. Skip has said he prefers the latest bowl possible for that reason.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    We DO NOT lose bowl games. Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    The later the bowl is the more practices they can get in. Skip has said he prefers the latest bowl possible for that reason.
    He didn't use all the days or time he had available last year so I'm not buying his "extra practice" BS. He's not big on practice anyway.

rules limit practice and other athletic activities to a maximum of four hours per day and 20 hours per week."

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

I am leaning to the Indy Bowl simply due to spite for the Indy Bowl committee having a 6-6 Tech team when they have thumbed their noses at some of our better teams.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He didn't use all the days or time he had available last year so I'm not buying his "extra practice" BS. He's not big on practice anyway.

rules limit practice and other athletic activities to a maximum of four hours per day and 20 hours per week."
    The game was on the 23rd. Do you know how many he used last year vs. the year before? If we didn't get in more practices last year than 2015, then you can call it BS.

I don't know what the bold part is about. It kind of makes the point. If you play on the 23rd you get more practice time than if you play on the 16th. And if you play on the 27th you get more practice time than if you play on the 23rd.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

My number 2 priority for a bowl this year is that it be one I could go to. My number one priority would be that we play a team we can beat. I like the assessment of why it might benefit us to play Army. I kind of doubt the conference would put us in that game for the 2nd year in a row.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    The game was on the 23rd. Do you know how many he used last year vs. the year before? If we didn't get in more practices last year than 2015, then you can call it BS.

I don't know what the bold part is about. It kind of makes the point. If you play on the 23rd you get more practice time than if you play on the 16th. And if you play on the 27th you get more practice time than if you play on the 23rd.
    The bold part is what the practice rules are. I was not disagreeing with your point, but stating the "bowl games give extra practice" jargon is not the big deal it is made out to be.

I'll look up what we used last year, but it was not what we had available.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I am really excited at these possibilities.

Indy vs Florida State
    Frisco vs. SMU or Houston
    AF vs Army
    I pray we get to a bowl and if we do they all have excellent names on the opposite side. I just wish we had a better team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The bold part is what the practice rules are. I was not disagreeing with your point, but stating the "bowl games give extra practice" jargon is not the big deal it is made out to be.

I'll look up what we used last year, but it was not what we had available.
    Well yeah. He never said he could use all of them by the 23rd. He said the later the bowl, the more practices we can get in. So if we get a New Years Bowl...maybe we can use all of our practices. But unless you have something showing that we didn't get extra practice time playing on the 23rd vs. playing 19th (it would be 16th vs. 23rd this year for the same two bowls), then it's not B.S.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

One disadvantage of the earlier bowl dates is that our players have classes through December 19. Semester schools typically begin their breaks much earlier.

+ Reply to Thread