+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Russia

I highly doubt China was really in Trump's corner since he pretty much demonized them on the campaign trail.

North Korea? With Clinton and Obama's policy of "strategic patience" I would highly doubt that they wanted Trump in the WH.

I don't trust anything that is printed by USNEWS or the NY Times anyway. They are about as trustworthy as NBC and the Enquirer.

The guardian link pretty much said China preferred Clinton and Iran was screwed either way. I think they are more screwed with Trump because he supports Israel completely.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

None of which alleviates my concern over Putin's preference.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    None of which alleviates my concern over Putin's preference.
    And I have very little concern, if any. I really think all of this is just partisan politics, and the last I heard there was nothing in the way of proof that any of his advisors did anything out of the ordinary. It's just a bunch of hand wringing by those attempting to create a tempest in a teapot.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    And I have very little concern, if any. I really think all of this is just partisan politics, and the last I heard there was nothing in the way of proof that any of his advisors did anything out of the ordinary. It's just a bunch of hand wringing by those attempting to create a tempest in a teapot.
    For the sake of conversation, if Trump was Putin's preference, whould that concern you?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

For the sake of conversation, if Trump was Putin's preference, whould that concern you?
    Not necessarily. Putin is a better politician than either Trump or Hillary, I've no doubt he'd come out ahead in either case.

We have our own internal affairs to set in order before we worry about other countries (to a point).

Nope. It was 50/50 that he would be Putin's preference because that is the way our elections work (it was either Hillary or Trump) . Personally, I have no interest in what Putin thinks at all, because he is a murderous jerk that would bury the US if he thought he could get away with it. But that goes for a number of foreign leaders (the one in North Korea concerns me a lot more right now, because he has nothing to lose by acting badly.)

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Our own government spies on and tries to influence elections in every nation on the planet. That means the US Government has a preference of who wins foreign elections. Democrats and government bureaucrats that try to paint Putin as a monster are ignorant hypocrites. Putin may be pure evil, but so is the Washington DC establishment, which includes about 75% of US Representatives and Senators and the entire mainstream media. Their only interests are SELF serving and they'll all do whatever it takes to remain in power. People that don't see DC and the mainstream media as being the hypocrites that they are need to pull their heads out of their asses. Don't believe a dang thing the mainstream media says, and that includes FOX News.

Pray that Trump will be successful in draining the swamp in DC. It's our only hope of saving this nation.

"They (or we) do it too" doesn't address my concern.

If I were a Trump supporter, my biggest concern would be the fact that he's surrounded himself with the exact type people he vilified during the election. He can't drain the swamp when they are in his cabinet. Further, these "best and brightest" we were promised defecated in the proverbial bed on healthcare reform.

Y'all sure this guy is who you think he is?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Y'all sure this guy is who you think he is?
    He ain't Hillary.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I know Trump as president is better than Krooked Killary Klinton as president. It was not my fault it came down to that choice. I didn't vote for either Trump or Killary in a primary. However, I did vote for Trump in the general election.

I honestly didn't know that much about Donald Trump prior to last fall. Yeah, I knew what most people know about him, since he is a public figure and has been for decades. But, I did not REALLY know him. Beginning last summer, when he became the Republican nominee, I began researching Trump. In a nutshell, Trump is a pragmatist, and he's a winner.

Trump has "cut bait" in some of his business dealings, of which you've probably heard criticism of him declaring bankruptcy. Well, technically, Donald Trump has never declared bankruptcy. But several of his business holdings have. It was perfectly legal....had to use the US court system...and made business sense. Sorry if some others got caught out in the cold. They have their business interest, and Trump has (had) his. He didn't do anything that countless thousands of others have done, continue to do, and will do in the future.

But, yeah, if a staunch conservative, of whom we have a few on the BB&B, thinks Trump will push a strictly conservative agenda....think again. Trump will do what is best for him, insomuch, as he seeks victories. If that means, on HC, for instance, he has to settle for some compromise version, he will. Like in business, one can plan to sell a million widgets at $10 each(his cost $4 each). But, if the customer refuses, and the customer has other widget suppliers, then a smart businessman will do a deal at $9, make a profit, and move on to other projects. That's Trump. His philosophy is right-of-center, and he supports more conservative principles than libtard ones. I take some comfort in that.

At the end of 4 years, this nation will be better off than it is right now. And a helluva better off than if Krooked Killary had been elected.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He ain't Hillary.
    What an incredibly low bar! He is where he is and nothing changes that, but I certainly hope convictional conservatives will evaluate him not in comparison to what HRC might've done, but for what he actually does. The bungled healthcare bill has me very concerned that the GOP and their CEO in Chief will figure out how to screw up the Gorsuch confirmation (who's nomination is the highlight of the Trump presidency thus far...even I can't think of anything to complain about with NG).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

What an incredibly low bar! He is where he is and nothing changes that, but I certainly hope convictional conservatives will evaluate him not in comparison to what HRC might've done, but for what he actually does. The bungled healthcare bill has me very concerned that the GOP and their CEO in Chief will figure out how to screw up the Gorsuch confirmation (who's nomination is the highlight of the Trump presidency thus far...even I can't think of anything to complain about with NG).
    The only bar lower would have been Rubio or Kasich.

The healthcare bill was not "bungled". It was a horrible bill. The fact that otherwise conservative congressmen were for it is the scary part. Ryan is horrible.

Amazingly, it is the conservatives that are screwing it up. The so called freedom caucus pretty much cut off their nose to spite their face.

Now, if I had my way, I would repeal Obamacare EXACTLY the way they want to do it, but they cannot have THEIR way. Any kind of repeal and replace now rests in the hands of the democrats, because the repubs failed to employ the same kind of incrementalism that the dems use to move the country in their direction. Trump, who is not an idealogue, will reach out to the dems, and they will work with him to save themselves. That means you will still have the taxes and the funding of Planned Parenthood and all the other stuff the bill the caucus killed was going to remove. I don't think they'll get another chance, and I doubt it will get much better in the future.

If they do the same with tax reform, Trump will reach out to the dems and pass something which will not be exactly what they want either. These folks need to realize that the legislative process is not a place where they are going to get everything they want. They are idiots.

I am optimistic about NG.

They shoudl have passed the bill, then dumped Ryan as speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post

If they do the same with tax reform, Trump will reach out to the dems and pass something which will not be exactly what they want either. These folks need to realize that the legislative process is not a place where they are going to get everything they want. They are idiots.
    Idiots? More like patriots who voted for what they were elected to do. I do understand what you are saying though.

Do you know of ANYTHING the freedom caucus got they were asking for?

+ Reply to Thread