+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football. LA Tech Football Announces Three-Game Series with NC State - latechsports.c

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Football. LA Tech Football Announces Three-Game Series with NC State - latechspor

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I disagree - the $1.1 million is the bottom floor we should be getting for a ONE-OFF guarantee game, the fact that it is tied to a home and home is what makes it a bad deal in my book...

NCSt made bank on us for two guarantee games, basically FCS money....
    I agree with the bolded statement. I would even go so far as to say it's below the floor we should be getting for a guarantee game.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It is a money game and our AD accepted what the bar was 5 years ago. The buyout amount for the Ruston game has nothing to do with how little they are paying us to play the money game.
    I don't see how you can say this. The two were clearly negotiated together. We seem to have a pretty easy time getting money games for around a million dollars. What we are not good at is getting home and homes.
    If they offered us the following scenario's which would you choose:
    1.5 million for a 1 and done road game
    1.1 million for a money game plus a home and home agreement.

That may not be a bad deal. As I said, we don't seem to have trouble finding money games. We do seem to struggle to find home and homes. It's not ideal, but it might not be a terrible deal. The bigger problem is our home game is the final game of the series giving them an easy out if they decide to buy us out. If the buyout of that last game is less than 1 million it's probably a really bad deal. I suspect that it's more around the 300k range as others have suggested.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Football. LA Tech Football Announces Three-Game Series with NC State - latechspor

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post

I don't see how you can say this. The two were clearly negotiated together. We seem to have a pretty easy time getting money games for around a million dollars. What we are not good at is getting home and homes.

That may not be a bad deal. As I said, we don't seem to have trouble finding money games. We do seem to struggle to find home and homes. It's not ideal, but it might not be a terrible deal. The bigger problem is our home game is the final game of the series giving them an easy out if they decide to buy us out. If the buyout of that last game is less than 1 million it's probably a really bad deal. I suspect that it's more around the 300k range as others have suggested.
    "We" are not negotiating. This is not about Tech. It's about our inept AD who has NEVER put together a good deal for his #everloyalbe.

Look at what USM is getting for road games with P5s. We are not even close.

1.1 is a bad deal for us even if we have a guarantee of a game in Ruston, which we obviously don't or our AD would have been crowing about it. He is too stupid to even ask for a good deal.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I dont expect 1.6 mil from NCState, especially if they were throwing in a home-home. They seem to live up to their home-home agreements well enough, they've played plenty G5s away the past few years.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I dont expect 1.6 mil from NCState, especially if they were throwing in a home-home. They seem to live up to their home-home agreements well enough, they've played plenty G5s away the past few years.
    Yeah, just trust them. No need to put anything in a contract. Didn't we get close to $1.5 when we played them in 2013?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LA Tech Announces Three-Game Series with @PackFootball Beginning in 2021

We do need to get more $$ out of these games.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Remember Jim Oakes said he could get a home and home with Kansas all day long - but he would rather have the money game and buy an FCS or lower level FBS because he NETTED a lot more money in the end...

In reality - will more people show up in JAS for NCSt than they do for Southern, NWST, Grambling, NLU or ULLLLLLL? probably not

So it makes better $EN$E financially to buy the first three and schedule home and homes with the second two and get the MOST for a guarantee with the P5's

The one school we moved out of JAS that made no sense to me was BYU - I actually think they would of been a very good draw due to their mini-ND like following
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

The one school we moved out of JAS that made no sense to me was BYU - I actually think they would of been a very good draw due to their mini-ND like following
    +1 IMHO cancelling BYU was one of the worst scheduling decisions made...

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Remember Jim Oakes said he could get a home and home with Kansas all day long - but he would rather have the money game and buy an FCS or lower level FBS because he NETTED a lot more money in the end...

In reality - will more people show up in JAS for NCSt than they do for Southern, NWST, Grambling, NLU or ULLLLLLL? probably not

So it makes better $EN$E financially to buy the first three and schedule home and homes with the second two and get the MOST for a guarantee with the P5's

We should play northeast.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    We should play northeast.
    In Monroe

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Dwayne - If we are paying Southern $350,000 to pay in Ruston, what do you think Tech will net at the end of the day for that game?

p.s. - assuming no fireworks cost.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I agree with the bolded statement. I would even go so far as to say it's below the floor we should be getting for a guarantee game.

Good post. You described this scenario exactly how I see it. I have no problem with the deal except for the fact that LA Tech doesn't get the home game until game 3. If that buyout is less than $1M and NC State chooses to buy the game out, then it's a bad deal.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    In Monroe

....and we should pay ULM to let us play there.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    If that buyout is less than $1M and NC State chooses to buy the game out, then it's a bad deal.
    Our AD would be bragging about the buyout if he knew how to negotiate one. It's likely well under $500K.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Our AD would be bragging about the buyout if he knew how to negotiate one. It's likely well under $500K.
    But we don't KNOW that do we?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    But we don't KNOW that do we?
    I do

+ Reply to Thread