+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing season 2012

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Fishing season 2012

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Any reports on bream/perch on Claiborne?
    They ain't bitin off my dock...

Saw Dawg68 in a chair on his dock friday, but I think he does that just to make people think they are bitin at his place -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I was supposed to be going to Claiborne to fish ALL DAY today after my 80+ hour week. My first day off in forever! Instead I'm here at the house with the AC repair guys. Don't you just love the statement,"It's gonna cost just as much to fix as get a whole new one"? I'm gonna try later this week. Any reports on bream/perch on Claiborne?
    The crappie have started moving into the post-spawn tops, in 10-20 feet of water.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

As a small business owner I've invoked Executive Privilege # 1: I'm damn tired of work after 4 weeks and no break and I'm going fishing tomorrow come hell or high water . Any Claiborneite tips besides cold beer and Port Au Prince? I'm open to all pelagic species...
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

yeah yeah yeah, I've always wondered where this place called BFE was . .. I found it . . .Kenedy Texas. Been there off and on for the last 3 months. And yes, when i went in to the Walmart sporting goods area and heard the chirp of crickets, i KNEW all was well its like all the stars aligned and their chirps turned in to "welcome home welcome home welcome home". I would be lie'n if i said i wasnt getting a little wet around the eyes typing this.

during my trip my boss was down there for a couple days. he asked if i liked it and if i was ready to go somewhere else after this job is over. I told him point blank, when i get back, the Lincoln Parish line is gonna be for me like that buried elec line is for the dog with the shock collar Just like the dog, i too get extremely nervous when i get to close to getting out of the L.P.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Man, the wind blew Saturday. Tied to a stump, bouncing up and down like a cork in a whirlpool, I managed to catch a dozen white perch... not real big, but big enough to fillet. They'll make the grease stink.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Headed to Claiborne this afternoon. Don't like my chances with 20+ mph winds and cold front but I'm going anyway. I'm gonna try for some bream/redears. Any suggestions from the locals?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Eat at Port AuPrince

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    They ain't bitin off my dock...

Saw Dawg68 in a chair on his dock friday, but I think he does that just to make people think they are bitin at his place -
    I heard a rumor that Dawg68 was kept busy by the "Mississus" planting azaleas.

Caught one 3 lb channel cat, 3 stripers, 2 big Bluegills (caught a ton but only two bigger than my hand), 1 Goggle-eye and 2 Turtles fishing off the bank at our camp Saturday evening. I lost a big catfish when I tried to lift him out of the water and I got spooled by something big but never had a chance. As soon as I learn how to get pics from my new phone to my computer then I'll post them. Too damn windy for my boat but I'm kinda glad as I had almost forgotten how much fun/relaxing "lawn chair fishing" is. Anybody that says stripers aren't worth eating is crazy. I cut the red-line out and soaked them is Sprite Zero for an hour or so before frying...absolutely delish! BTW Dwayne: I used worms..cold worms to be exact. Caught the stripers on a big beetle spin when a school came through the cove.

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    I heard a rumor that Dawg68 was kept busy by the "Mississus" planting azaleas.
    He was giving directions to the lawn boy Sunday afternoon....

Ross -

I must of been ROUGH on your side of the lake yesterday afternoon, I could see the waves breaking against the sea walls from my dock!

Couldn't get near our seawall on Sunday. Heck of a show however!

I made the mistake of going fishing with one of my buddies Sunday afternoon. We got as far down as the Facowee campgrounds before turning around to come home. The wind in our face coming back was horrendous. Roughest boat ride I have ever had, and that is saying something. I kissed the ground when we made it back to my boat house.
    Good old Memorial Gym

I saw two guys in a fishing boat getting their asses whipped going back up the lake Sunday afternoon! Were you in a smaller fishing boat that had the seats one behind the other and not side by side? I truly was worried for whoever it was. I haven't seen any lake that rough in quite some time...if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I made the mistake of going fishing with one of my buddies Sunday afternoon. We got as far down as the Facowee campgrounds before turning around to come home. The wind in our face coming back was horrendous. Roughest boat ride I have ever had, and that is saying something. I kissed the ground when we made it back to my boat house.
    Let me guess his initials are RA?

Varsity Bulldog barkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of lightbarkly is a glorious beacon of light barkly's Avatar

My ole pappy used to say "when the water in your toilet bowl is white capping, it's too windy to be on the lake".

+ Reply to Thread