+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I pray that Tech goes winless this year.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I pray that Tech goes winless this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Man, ya'll are concentrating too much on records. Is Skippy's brand of football fun to watch? NO!

I'd fire him simply for what he's turned Tech's offense in to, promised one style of offense and delivers boring. Fire-able offense.

Would he have been hired if Tech knew what kind of offense he would transform Tech into? NO!
    Anyone that knew anything about him would’ve known what you have now is what you were going to get.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Man, ya'll are concentrating too much on records. Is Skippy's brand of football fun to watch? NO!

I'd fire him simply for what he's turned Tech's offense in to, promised one style of offense and delivers boring. Fire-able offense.

Would he have been hired if Tech knew what kind of offense he would transform Tech into? NO!
    This and it has resulted in a drop of ticket sales and LTAC giving. Combine it with what our AD didn't do for 8 years and you'll see the empty seats again this year. Yes, part of Hotlz job is to sell tickets, but he has NEVER been held accountable.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    This and it has resulted in a drop of ticket sales and LTAC giving. Combine it with what our AD didn't do for 8 years and you'll see the empty seats again this year. Yes, part of Hotlz job is to sell tickets, but he has NEVER been held accountable.
    LTAC is losing money from the basketball players staying in for the National Anthem too. I've heard lots of people not renewing, and money diverted to other areas than sports. Boring football and the basketball National Anthem issue are making things very difficult for TECH to try to capitalize off baseball success. I've heard people that have been going to games since I was in college (many many years ago) that aren't renewing. We will have lots of seats to choose from this year. And if anyone goes to basketball games, there will be even more- and this year, you can't blame it on COVID-19.

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    BYU is not P5 are they? I count 4 games for sure we should’ve won.
    Fair enough, they're listed as Independent, but they were ranked 22 when we played them. I agree, 4 games, no doubt, we should have won.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    LTAC is losing money from the basketball players staying in for the National Anthem too. I've heard lots of people not renewing, and money diverted to other areas than sports. Boring football and the basketball National Anthem issue are making things very difficult for TECH to try to capitalize off baseball success. I've heard people that have been going to games since I was in college (many many years ago) that aren't renewing. We will have lots of seats to choose from this year. And if anyone goes to basketball games, there will be even more- and this year, you can't blame it on COVID-19.
    My recollection from basketball is that our Tech teams did come out for the anthem, but at the most 2-3 players and some coaches held their hands over their heart. Most shuffled their feet, gazed around, but no manifest show of disrespect. Most visiting teams would normally have 1-2 observe the anthem. Infrequently a visiting team would have a few more than us, and occasionally none. But I get your point. I hope MANY will be back after Covid: we have a good and exciting team that support each other and connect with fans. There was some special energy in our last few home conference games. I like our players, they like us. I'd skip (pardon the pun) football season this year and begin basketball in September if it were up to me. I have renewed my football season tickets, upped my LTAC giving, and will be there for football hoping for exciting football and a conference championship.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    My recollection from basketball is that our Tech teams did come out for the anthem, but at the most 2-3 players and some coaches held their hands over their heart. Most shuffled their feet, gazed around, but no manifest show of disrespect. Most visiting teams would normally have 1-2 observe the anthem. Infrequently a visiting team would have a few more than us, and occasionally none. But I get your point. I hope MANY will be back after Covid: we have a good and exciting team that support each other and connect with fans. There was some special energy in our last few home conference games. I like our players, they like us. I'd skip (pardon the pun) football season this year and begin basketball in September if it were up to me. I have renewed my football season tickets, upped my LTAC giving, and will be there for football hoping for exciting football and a conference championship.
    That's interesting. That is not the version I heard, and I have heard more than a few people say they would not renew because of it. I also know when LTAC called they didn't dispute it, and they knew they were not getting money because of it. They are texting and making calls now- I hope the results bring change. I can honestly say I don't know, after being told they weren't coming out for the National Anthem any longer, we never attended a game last year, and will not this year until we know for sure. I love TECH and enjoy supporting them. I love my country WAY more. I have my football tickets, and required LTAC for next year, but reduced the number because I need fewer this year. We will also be getting baseball tickets next year. I think we are going to have the biggest crowd for the venue at baseball. I guess we will see.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    That's interesting. That is not the version I heard, and I have heard more than a few people say they would not renew because of it. I also know when LTAC called they didn't dispute it, and they knew they were not getting money because of it. They are texting and making calls now- I hope the results bring change. I can honestly say I don't know, after being told they weren't coming out for the National Anthem any longer, we never attended a game last year, and will not this year until we know for sure.
    My wife and I clearly remember the team out for the anthem. I'm SURE!! I do think there was a FALSE story about this mentioned in BBB, seems like it was from a letter to the Leader. My search function isn't working to research it. Mrs. Russdawg and I saw every game last year, and I'll testify anytime, anywhere that the team was out. We especially remember that our walkon player with long hair and Coach Konkol had hands over heart. Maybe a couple more. The story hurt our fans and university. I'll give regular reports this fall. I've never been as excited about an upcoming season as this one. Last few games last season had the energy and passion and effort of any of White's teams. Student attendance grew. It was special, please dont let false info cause you to miss it.

My wife and I clearly remember the team out for the anthem. I'm SURE!! I do think there was a FALSE story about this mentioned in BBB, seems like it was from a letter to the Leader. My search function isn't working to research it. Mrs. Russdawg and I saw every game last year, and I'll testify anytime, anywhere that the team was out. We especially remember that our walkon player with long hair and Coach Konkol had hands over heart. Maybe a couple more. The story hurt our fans and university. I'll give regular reports this fall. I've never been as excited about an upcoming season as this one. Last few games last season had the energy and passion and effort of any of White's teams. Student attendance grew. It was special, please dont let false info cause you to miss it.
    Good to hear! Thank you.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

that is how i remember it as well. I wasn’t paying close attention, but nothing bad jumped out at me. I did notice that UAB only had one guy, Trey Jemison, with his hand over his heart. I don’t know why that would have stood out to me if our players involvement was less or equal to UAB’s.

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

Whe we were attending basket ball games (both W &M's) I noticed the boys a few had hands over their heart and others I belied were physicking them selves up
    getting ready to play the game. What pissed me off was a former english professor and Daily Leader report that would not remove their caps nor stand at attention. I saw Dan Renau and said some to him about them. Then they were seldom seen on the floor before the game when the national anthem as played, but in the tunnels kind of out of sight.

+ Reply to Thread