+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: C-UAB Referees

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: C-UAB Referees

They blocked the ball with their elbows, kick should have been higher, it was a wedge shot, not a four iron.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    They blocked the ball with their elbows, kick should have been higher, it was a wedge shot, not a four iron.
    The replay on CUSA tv showed that the linebacker closest to the Tech sideline blocked it with this right hand. In any case, it was still illegal.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Ya'll are mis-reading that. You can't leap OVER or ON TOP OF the opponent. Nor can you push off or stand on your own team mate. They did neither of those. It was a clean play from a 6'8" monster.

Leaping.PNG

11. c. 1. - clearly states that it is NOT a penalty if the player leaps without attempting to leap over the opponent.

11. B - That means that if you line up on the LOS, and can happen to jump over the line, then more power to ya, but you can't get a running start to jump over the linemen.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Ya'll are mis-reading that. You can't leap OVER or ON TOP OF the opponent. Nor can you push off or stand on your own team mate. They did neither of those. It was a clean play from a 6'8" monster.

Attachment 14182

11. c. 1. - clearly states that it is NOT a penalty if the player leaps without attempting to leap over the opponent.

11. B - That means that if you line up on the LOS, and can happen to jump over the line, then more power to ya, but you can't get a running start to jump over the linemen.
    There has been a discussion on Fox's show for the past hour about this. I'm not sure if this is the entire rule on this subject, or if the NCAA has interps or additional information they provide as guidance that isn't spelled out in the rule. For example, you not only can't make contact with your own teammates in any way after leaping. It's treated the same as if you make contact with an opponent.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

Attachment 14182

C talks about punts. B says “or” so hurdling is not a requirement.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Whew!....Glad I stopped in on this thread, everything is clear as MUD now!

seriously though, do any of us have any idea if any complaints are ever made to the CUSA office or which ever groups of refs it may involve? I wish someone on here who has a very serious understanding of the X's & O's and rules would compile a list of the obvious no calls for TECH and UAB. I would love to see something like that presented to Holtz and the AD and for them to give an explanation as to why or why didn't they make a complaint.

I want teams to be able to play, there could be a call almost every play, no one wants to see that, but let's be reasonable. Until someone proves different to me, I will believe Skip and Tommy are both P0$$ies when it comes to taking up for our team. When someone complains it is not always "sour grapes", complaints are very legitimate sometimes, have the reputation of a University that does not put up with BS and stand your ground. I think the call on the last play when UAB rushed the field should have been made, if UAB were beating us by 20 with 3 seconds left, that would have been a good no call. The rule violation by UAB was a game changing decision since we were only third down and refs could have made the call, but they did not. Our fan-base, university, and Ruston will suffer because of this no call, someone needs to be held accountable!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Whew!....Glad I stopped in on this thread, everything is clear as MUD now!

seriously though, do any of us have any idea if any complaints are ever made to the CUSA office or which ever groups of refs it may involve? I wish someone on here who has a very serious understanding of the X's & O's and rules would compile a list of the obvious no calls for TECH and UAB. I would love to see something like that presented to Holtz and the AD and for them to give an explanation as to why or why didn't they make a complaint.

I want teams to be able to play, there could be a call almost every play, no one wants to see that, but let's be reasonable. Until someone proves different to me, I will believe Skip and Tommy are both P0$$ies when it comes to taking up for our team. When someone complains it is not always "sour grapes", complaints are very legitimate sometimes, have the reputation of a University that does not put up with BS and stand your ground. I think the call on the last play when UAB rushed the field should have been made, if UAB were beating us by 20 with 3 seconds left, that would have been a good no call. The rule violation by UAB was a game changing decision since we were only third down and refs could have made the call, but they did not. Our fan-base, university, and Ruston will suffer because of this no call, someone needs to be held accountable!

I tweeted @latechFB about whether the formal complaint was completed and filed. No response from anyone who may have read it. Truth be told, probably didn’t read it.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I tweeted @latechFB about whether the formal complaint was completed and filed. No response from anyone who may have read it. Truth be told, probably didn’t read it.
    Glad you did, lack of response just shows the complacency of our Athletic Department. Until some big money starts compelling the AD give answers and make complaints, nothing will happen. I don't think T'Mac responds to Fans, only big donors.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

LOL. Number 74 mailed that in; dude was damn near walking off the field before the ball was kicked.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

in virtually game we play someone blames the officiating crew for being biased or stupid.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    in virtually game we play someone blames the officiating crew for being biased or stupid.
    Gotta lash out at someone.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    They make an unusual amount of mistakes. You disagree? I don't think they are as bias as they are inept.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

We got our asses kicked from the starting bell until the end of the game. Accept it. That is the truth. Don't put earrings on this pig.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    We got our asses kicked from the starting bell until the end of the game. Accept it. That is the truth. Don't put earrings on this pig.
    That's goes well with the point being made. Had the refs done the job they get paid very well to do, we would have had even more chances to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    TECH was defeated, yes they are not playing good ball, seem to be getting worse than better. The point is though, in close games such as this one, a few of the more than questionable calls and a super obvious call that would have been called in most any other conference, it matters. This is a year when having a CCG in Ruston could have really been helpful if did our part and win out. We have a chance to actually gain a few fans if our Main competition loses some more of their games.
    The call on the final play when players rushed the field, if the refs had called it we would not be complaining and in a few weeks all anyone would remember is that we won had we capitalized on our second chance.

Many of us watch other games, we see some bad calls and no calls in other conferences, but C-USA seems to top them all. I am not sure if the refs are that inept, lackadaisical, biased, or what, but I am embarrassed by them sometimes. People who are not knowledgeable or incompetent in their jobs will always take the path of least resistance, i.e. Skip.

+ Reply to Thread