+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Save yourself....

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Save yourself....

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    Robin Hood was pisspoor.
    That would be a compliment.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

If you have kids that never saw the cartoon series on nickelodeon, or if you have never seen it, go see The Last Airbender. Otherwise, it's pretty disappointing. It's okay, just not very well adapted. Shyamalan really screwed the pooch. Didn't even bring the creator of the series in for any consulting. The storyline is the main problem. Since it couldn't have his "trademark" twist, he didn't know what to do. Wait for the DVD rental.

The special effects there were absolutely amazing. He definitely captures the essence of the four elements bending.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    If you have kids that never saw the cartoon series on nickelodeon, or if you have never seen it, go see The Last Airbender. Otherwise, it's pretty disappointing. It's okay, just not very well adapted. Shyamalan really screwed the pooch. Didn't even bring the creator of the series in for any consulting. The storyline is the main problem. Since it couldn't have his "trademark" twist, he didn't know what to do. Wait for the DVD rental.

The special effects there were absolutely amazing. He definitely captures the essence of the four elements bending.
    Have to agree. I am too old to have any knowledge of the cartoon series; I went because I saw the preview when I went to Toy Story 3 and though it looked pretty cool. That is about all I can say for it though: It LOOKS really cool.

The storyline was intriguing, but rather than "develop" it, Shyamalan sort of putts it around, like a 6-year-old taking their first stab at miniature golf. The "acting" felt more like cold script reading. The whole thing felt like a bumbling preview for a second installment.

But, the effects were really cool.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

"Killers"

Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigle.

Terrible, just terrible.

Let me preface this by saying NEVER go to a movie you don't make plans for yourself...

Eclipse. I already believed the series was a comedy, and this just added more to it. Sparkling vampire? WTF? It's so ridiculous, they only show it once in this movie. Just stupid all around, and not impressive. Par the course I guess. One book/movie series I will e glad to not see/read.

What's a good movie coming out to get revenge with?

Resident Evil Afterlife... Meh... Only true good scene was Ali Larter fighting the big dude and being all wet and stuff.

True Grit

It has a few funny lines and scenes, but that is the only good thing about it. Bridges and Damon didn't really take their characters too seriously. Their "accents" sucked and is very distracting. Most of Bridges dialogue is unintelligible (intentional or not), I'm not sure, but not likely). Damon forgets he bit his half his tongue off most of the movie. The only "action" seemed to of last maybe 20 minutes, and it wasn't even much of an action sequence. It's just a long movie of a whiny, bratty 14-year old where "lawyer" and "my daddy" are every other word out of her mouth. The ending was just atrocious. Just not really worth spending the $20 to go to the theater when you can spend $5 on renting it and making you own popcorn and drinks. Needless to say, this isn't one book based movie where I go check out the book.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    True Grit

It has a few funny lines and scenes, but that is the only good thing about it. Bridges and Damon didn't really take their characters too seriously. Their "accents" sucked and is very distracting. Most of Bridges dialogue is unintelligible (intentional or not), I'm not sure, but not likely). Damon forgets he bit his half his tongue off most of the movie. The only "action" seemed to of last maybe 20 minutes, and it wasn't even much of an action sequence. It's just a long movie of a whiny, bratty 14-year old where "lawyer" and "my daddy" are every other word out of her mouth. The ending was just atrocious. Just not really worth spending the $20 to go to the theater when you can spend $5 on renting it and making you own popcorn and drinks. Needless to say, this isn't one book based movie where I go check out the book.

Remaking a John Wayne movie is a tough act to follow.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    True That!!!! As much as I like Jeff Bridges in most movies (Crazy Heart for instance), he was way out of his league trying to be 'Rooster' after the Duke did it!!! I think his lack of proper enunciation (you could barely hear him) comes from being embarrassed that he couldn't do it like JW! Every one else just copied the original, the guy who played Luck Ned for instance even looked like Duval, except for the silly chaps!
    Last edited by DawgFaninHous; 12-25-2010 at 08:40 PM.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

You should never trifle with two things. Those things are William Shakespeare and the Duke. Why remake a perfect movie like the original True Grit? My son got the book for Christmas and I'll just stick to that and the John Wayne version. I may go watch the original now. I can repeat it word for word along with the characters!

Hell. The next thing you know they'll try to remake Gone with the Wind. Sacrilege.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    It's like remaking a Frank Sinatra song. Even if you sing the song well, it's never going to beat the original.

For such a good cast - Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Josh Brolin, and Barry Pepper -it amazed me at how BAD they were.

Also, the trailers shows 99% of the "action"...
    Last edited by JuBru; 12-25-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    You should never trifle with two things. Those things are William Shakespeare and the Duke. Why remake a perfect movie like the original True Grit? My son got the book for Christmas and I'll just stick to that and the John Wayne version. I may go watch the original now. I can repeat it word for word along with the characters!

Hell. The next thing you know they'll try to remake Gone with the Wind. Sacrilege.
    Yep -

The Duke won his one and only Oscar for that performance....

I refuse to go see it -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I liked True Grit. Totally different than the original, but I mean it was pretty standard Coens stuff as far as the dialogue goes. You know what you get going in to those.

Matt Damon was awesome in his role of Every Texan I've Ever Met

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Call it a generational gap, if you will, but I just can't sit through a John Wayne movie.

+ Reply to Thread