+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 100.7 FM/1340 AM in Shreveport possibly airing Tech BB C-USA/NCAA Reg. Tourney Games

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

100.7 FM/1340 AM in Shreveport possibly airing Tech BB C-USA/NCAA Reg. Tourney Games

Facebook message from Ben Mintz (100.7 FM/1340 AM The Ticket in Shreveport/Bossier City) to the Northwest Louisiana Tech Advancement Group earlier today:

"I am currently working behind the scenes to get the LA Tech Conference USA and possible NCAA tournament baseball games broadcast live on 100.7 FM/1340 AM The Ticket in Shreveport/Bossier starting next week. Leerfield will give us the games but I have to fund it by selling commercials. If any of you are interested in helping me get LA Tech postseason baseball on the radio locally please give me a call at 504-432-1922 or email Benmintz531@yahoo.com. I am also gauging interest for the NCAA Tournament softball games as well. Tech plays #2 Minnesota at 1:30 Friday in Tuscaloosa. Thanks for reading this and time is an issue."

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 100.7 FM/1340 AM in Shreveport possibly airing Tech BB C-USA/NCAA Reg. Tourney Ga

Fantastic that people are taking the intiative -- sad that they have to.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Re: 100.7 FM/1340 AM in Shreveport possibly airing Tech BB C-USA/NCAA Reg. Tourney Ga

This lack of baseball broadcast situation arose last year when games werent being broadcast and a lot of finger pointing as to who was responsible. Looks like there has been no change, Learfield owns the rights to the games but see no profit therefore has offered to let interested stations carry the games free but they have to sell their own ads to cover the cost. Hopefully there is enough expanded interest whereby the ads will sell, if not maybe a deep pockets guy will step up and pay the tab himself.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Ben MintzUpdate=Leerfield does not have the rights to softball so that is out. CUSA Tourney and NCAA Tourney looking good. I will know more details tomorrow and will post then

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    This lack of baseball broadcast situation arose last year when games werent being broadcast and a lot of finger pointing as to who was responsible. Looks like there has been no change, Learfield owns the rights to the games but see no profit therefore has offered to let interested stations carry the games free but they have to sell their own ads to cover the cost. Hopefully there is enough expanded interest whereby the ads will sell, if not maybe a deep pockets guy will step up and pay the tab himself.
    Learfied did a horrible job of selling ads for the regular season games. They only had like 3 paying sponsors along with a couple more "in kind" sponsors like TNS. They see no profit because they don't sell. Been that way from the first day they walked on campus.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Download the NELA Preps Plus app to get all the latest info on your favorite teams including LSU, Tech, ULM, Grambling, and the Saints!

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Ben MintzUpdate=Leerfield does not have the rights to softball so that is out. CUSA Tourney and NCAA Tourney looking good. I will know more details tomorrow and will post then
    Can you give us an update?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Can you give us an update?
    Here's the email I received
    We confirmed with Leerfield yesterday that we will be airing the LA Tech CUSA and NCAA (hopefully) baseball tournament games on The Ticket 100.7 FM/1340 AM. I went through our local inventory for commercials and here is what we have available for CUSA Tourney games:

4 Company Packages ($120 a game)

Each company would get 6 commercials total per game ($20 a spot). I believe 5 of them are during inning breaks and 1 is post game. I can do the voiceovers for the commercials but ya'll are free to write the commercials and come in here to tape them with me if you would like. There obviously will be at least 2 CUSA Tourney games and hopefully a few more as I think the Diamond Dawgs have a great chance at the title.

Please email me back if interested. benmintz531@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Ben Mintz

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Here's the email I received
    Looks like we are getting some good effort.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Looks like we are getting some good effort.
    There is plenty of money out there for baseball and probably softball - but you have to work to get it...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Please share the sponsors Ben was able to gather.

+ Reply to Thread