+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enough damn whining about Shreveport...

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Enough damn whining about Shreveport...

For goodness-sakes people, be part of the solution instead of bitching about the problem.

I live in Shreveport and I HEAR A TON ABOUT TECH and this game! I get comments everywhere I go and wear a blue TECH shirt. I see 10x yes TEN TIMES the Tech licence plates and bumper stickers. There are lots of young alumni in this town who are pumped for the game.

My suggestion (take it or leave it). Make this game fun, show up and tailgate, be loud in the stadium, and voice legitimate concerns with those in charge who can actually fix these "problems."

-end rant

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Enough damn whining about Shreveport...

Amen.......

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

I'm not picking sides, but the rant on the other Shreveport thread was more about advertising and merchandising the Tech A&M game/Tech in Shreveport than it was alumni presence.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Preach it!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I've never understood the aversion to Shreveport. The connections between Tech and Shreveport are inextricable. If Tech is North Louisiana's "flagship", then Shreveport is its "capital". Shreveport has always been a part of Tech football and has always been a part of my own Tech experience.

The concensus on this board, until recently, was that Independence Stadium was a good venue for Tech football under the right conditions:

- Quarter break (check)
    - "name" opponent (check)
    - national television (check)
    - proper marketing (maybe)

This is precisely the kind of game we want to have at Indy.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    For goodness-sakes people, be part of the solution instead of bitching about the problem.
    AMEN!!!

Puppy CC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really niceCC Dog is just really nice CC Dog's Avatar

I'm sure you are replying to my earlier post about Shreveport. I have to disagree with you about the vibe around town, and I deal with the public all day and every day (part of my job). However, I do agree with you about alumni presence. I was making an observance about things around town, and that's just the vibe I get. I will do my part and go to the game. It would be awesome though to play one game in Shreveport every year and it be well attended. Beat A&M

Puppy Studog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the rough

Never did see anyone mention the full page ad last Sunday in the The Times inviting eveyone to come out Saturday 8/18 and meet the stars of Tech.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Studog View Post
    Never did see anyone mention the full page ad last Sunday in the The Times inviting eveyone to come out Saturday 8/18 and meet the stars of Tech.
    Well, how many people actually turned out?

Puppy Studog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the roughStudog is a jewel in the rough

Non last Saturday, ad was for this Saturday.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Well, how many people actually turned out?
    8/18...

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CC Dog View Post
    I have to disagree with you about the vibe around town, and I deal with the public all day and every day (part of my job). However, I do agree with you about alumni presence. I was making an observance about things around town, and that's just the vibe I get.
    Do you deal with the public over the phone? I have seen way more license plates, shirts, hats, flags around town than ever.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    8/18...
    That's not even half!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Do you deal with the public over the phone? I have seen way more license plates, shirts, hats, flags around town than ever.
    I've noticed a marked improvement with Tech folks marking their vehicles with LaTech plates and decals, but my observation is that we are way behind in marking our homes with flags, garden flags, etc. I think that needs to be our next focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I've noticed a marked improvement with Tech folks marking their vehicles with LaTech plates and decals, but my observation is that we are way behind in marking our homes with flags, garden flags, etc. I think that needs to be our next focus.
    agreed.

+ Reply to Thread