+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UAB Funding

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

UAB Funding

Our friends at UAB are having funding problems.
    https://articles.al.com/sports/index...mpression=true This has to be great for staff morale!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: UAB Funding

very interesting, UAB has always been a conundrum to me. Its surprising to me that they cant get more support being in the middle of metropolitan area.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

...like the TV deal sneaked up on him.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

They probably have a bigger problem with casual fans than we do having two P5's in the state. Think how it would be if Tulane had stayed in the SEC way back when.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    They probably have a bigger problem with casual fans than we do having two P5's in the state. Think how it would be if Tulane had stayed in the SEC way back when.
    They would be even wealthier now.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

They would, but I was speaking of that effect on us and our recruiting etc. By the way Ga. Tech left about the same time and seems to almost have recovered - ACC is not quite as rich as SEC.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    very interesting, UAB has always been a conundrum to me. Its surprising to me that they cant get more support being in the middle of metropolitan area.
    I looked at FAU, FIU, UNT, UAB, plus others and population, in general, has little to do with fan support.

Try to tell the conference making gurus that.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    I looked at FAU, FIU, UNT, UAB, plus others and population, in general, has little to do with fan support.
    True schools at the G5 level tend to get lost in the larger markets. I agree 100%. There is just to much competition for the entertainment dollar, I guess.

It sounds like UAB is to CUSA what ULM is to the Sun Belt.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post

It sounds like UAB is to CUSA what ULM is to the Sun Belt.
    ULM isn't the only one in the sunbelt and FWIW, CUSA has always favored UAB when they break the rules. I doubt that idiot AD you have would favor ULM in any fashion.

Get a Win Kent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeKent Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Kent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    ULM isn't the only one in the sunbelt and FWIW, CUSA has always favored UAB when they break the rules. I doubt that idiot AD you have would favor ULM in any fashion.
    I am curious as to why you would call Dr Maggard an idiot. One year into the job he appears to be doing a very well at the position. Time will tell but I think he might turn out to be our best AD ever and one of the best among current G5. What did he specifically do to make you call the man an idiot?

But I do agree with you I am sure there are others in the Belt, Cusa and all the G5 having some financial difficulties. Much of it brought on due to travel cost, in these spread out conferences, especially in the spring sports.

FWIW I don't think there is any animosity between ULM and the school in Lafayette's admistration. I think ULM is very great full as the school in Lafayette helped them get into the belt.
    Last edited by Kent; 07-11-2018 at 05:34 AM. Reason: The school in Lafayette is used due to sensorship.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

If you believe that then I need the name of your doctor - because you have some scripts that are better than anything I can purchase on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I am curious as to why you would call Dr Maggard an idiot. One year into the job he appears to be doing a very well at the position. Time will tell but I think he might turn out to be our best AD ever and one of the best among current G5. What did he specifically do to make you call the man an idiot?

But I do agree with you I am sure there are others in the Belt, Cusa and all the G5 having some financial difficulties. Much of it brought on due to travel cost, in these spread out conferences, especially in the spring sports.

FWIW I don't think there is any animosity between ULM and the school in Lafayette's admistration. I think ULM is very great full as the school in Lafayette helped them get into the belt.
    My bad, I was thinking about your commissioner rather than your AD. I have no evidence that Maggard is less than stellar as the AD of UL-Laff.

Travel cost has never been a real issue, but it has always been a convenient excuse drummed up by media types who can't run a newspaper.

Of course there is no animosity between the administration of the two schools on the highest level. Bruno is part of the UL good ole boy system that favors Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    If you believe that then I need the name of your doctor - because you have some scripts that are better than anything I can purchase on the street.
    If I believe what? Maggard is a good AD?

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    I get UNT/FIU/Rice's problems: metro school with countless other sports teams.

What's surprising about UAB to me is there isn't another sports show in town. Larger towns without professional teams tend to support college teams very well.

Birmingham is a very cool town but it's not Miami. The night life isn't sucking so much oxygen that it prevents UAB from growing it's fan base. All I can figure is Alabama and Auburn are too popular.

+ Reply to Thread