+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dorm Requirements

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Re: Dorm Requirements

I personally hated the dorms, and had much more fun and many more experiences off campus. Back then (I hope they've changed it now), there were community showers and bathroom stalls with no doors. I still skeves me out that there was no privacy when you were trying to have a BM. On the flip side, I had a blast rolling up ketchup packets and carefully placing them under the toilet seat so they exploded all over the back of the legs when someone sat down.

Granted there were no "requirements" as there are now. Only lived one year in the dorms, but moved out after the housing people decided to stick a roomate with me that was not to my liking (but that's another whole story), and stank to high heaven. The last thing really got to me, and in close quarters, I wasn't about to stay there.

BUT, I think the dorms are a must for Freshman, especially if you don't know anyone. It does allow you to meet a lot of different people, good or bad.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Dorm life was fun and helped me keep up my grades. If I neededs some help on homework theres someone there in the building who could help me. I don't think I would have adjusted to college life if I lived off campus my freshman year.

The dorms weren't that nice...but it's a dorm not a 5 star hotels. It had all I needed, a place to sleep and a place to shower. It was a place I didn't spend too much of my time. I spent my time mostly around campus or the girls dorm.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...WS01/610270319

I am glad to see that we are working on the quality of student housing.

I personally benefited for living in the dorms and the friendship that were developed, but do not see it necessary to require it after two years. With University Park available I imagine you see a greater percentage of juniors and seniors staying on campus.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Referencing back to my post...I might not have lived in a dorm, but I did have the same experiences in meeting people and developing friendships thanks to my time involved with football. It also helped knowing people in dorms and hanging out there...

Same goes for having a friend that was a Sigma Nu...invited to the parties and didn't have to pledge...

Looking back, though, I miss not having dorm stories like many of my friends...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, just a related question........

Where are they with tearing down Caruthers? Are there still people in there?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

If I remember right, it is slated to be brought down along with Neilson in 2009...

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...TES01/61027014

Tech gets approval to start designing housing

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sinfonian and Fire! That is great news!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

A slightly less relevant question: Anybody know what happened to the rocket next to Carruthers? I thought they would just move it, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Sad thing is my 2-year-old noticed it was gone before I did!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    A slightly less relevant question: Anybody know what happened to the rocket next to Carruthers? I thought they would just move it, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Sad thing is my 2-year-old noticed it was gone before I did!
    time, mother nature, and neglect took it's toll on it and for obvious safety reasons had to be removed... just wasn't "structurally sound."

personally, i would love for them to bring it back (repaired of course) and lay it on it's side as oppose to standing up... you know, like build a park around it or something... the ground in front of graham would be an awesome place... or something to that extent... I loved the rocket (aerospace fan!!!)

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfonian_Dog View Post
    time, mother nature, and neglect took it's toll on it and for obvious safety reasons had to be removed... just wasn't "structurally sound."

personally, i would love for them to bring it back (repaired of course) and lay it on it's side as oppose to standing up... you know, like build a park around it or something... the ground in front of graham would be an awesome place... or something to that extent... I loved the rocket (aerospace fan!!!)
    Yeah, I hoped they would move it over next to the P-80 in front of Graham. Any idea where it is now? Is it in storage somewhere? Maybe the ROTC can refurbish it and display it again.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfonian_Dog View Post
    If I remember right, it is slated to be brought down along with Neilson in 2009...
    Three more years of an empty old building sitting on campus. Very attractive - good drive up appeal.

On another note, where will the next 400-600 university apartments be built?

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Three more years of an empty old building sitting on campus. Very attractive - good drive up appeal.
    Well, at least the Halloween art in the windows from when evacuees were housed there is now back in season.

It is my understanding that the new housing will be built on the site of Neilson and Carruthers. My question is when are they going to build a parking garage?

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

I know those dorms are eye sores, but they can be beneficial to the fire departments here. They are supposed to let us and Ruston Fire Dept. train on high-rise firefighting and rescue before the buildings are torn down. Our training tower is only 4 stories and doesn't have a standpipe connection for a sprinkler system. We also can't train on elevator rescues. We were approved and scheduled before the hurricanes to use Caruthers, but that got all messed up. We are waiting approval again to be able to train there.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Well, at least the Halloween art in the windows from when evacuees were housed there is now back in season.

It is my understanding that the new housing will be built on the site of Neilson and Carruthers. My question is when are they going to build a parking garage?
    Why do Tech need a parking garage? Theres ton of parking now. I've been down to Ruston this year and had no problem finding places to park around campus. It's ten times better now after i graduated.

+ Reply to Thread