+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulldogs Add Transfer Forward Andrew Gordon

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: Bulldogs Add Transfer Forward Andrew Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    whats projected starting 5? 8 man rotation?
    Just an educated guess based upon seniority, some of which u could book.

1. Bracey (lock)
    2. Jean (lock if health)
    3. Pemberton (pretty close to lock based upon last year)
    4. Mo
    5. O (pretty close)

However, they may be legit 11 or more deep

LeDoux could easily start and will certainly get major minutes as he was the best shooter on last years team, as a redshirt.

Archibald regressed a little last year, but has major starter minutes over 2 seasons. If Jean is a no go early, AA probably replaces.

Exavion may have been our best player not named Bracey before he went down. If he gets back to that level...

Thomas ended up getting minutes last year and was athletic enough. If he takes the second year big man jump, could easily get up to double digit minutes.

Those are all guys who are mostly known quantities to the staff.

Gordon’s size and athleticism should get him at least double digit minutes.

Armstead shot 47 percent from 3 and averaged over 15 a game as an all-region Juco last year. No. 28 rated player in the country. If he can shoot anywhere near that he has got to get on the floor because we didn’t have anybody come close to that.

So all 11 non- freshmen have promise of getting on the floor. As far as the 2 Freshmen, you know more about them with both being from DFW. We have had plenty of freshmen play over the last 6-8 years, so...

I am encouraged that we will have depth. Just hope to see a different use out of depth than what this head coach has shown in the past.

I am most looking forward to seeing Gordon and the two potential shooters. An athletic big and 2 guys that can consistently stroke it from outside would be extremely welcome additions.

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

That is a deep team of comparable talent. Crazy enough...thats what concerns me about their ability to go to the next level. Some tough decisions about playing time and matchups will need to be made...and Konkol hasnt proven to me thats one of his strong suits. If 2 or less players xfer this season, I will consider the roster management a success.

Interesting note about AAs regression. It was inevitable. Konkol system is PG dominant...so the PG has the ball a lot and has ample opportunity to make plays/stats. Without the ball...everyone else falls into "finisher" role. Less opportunities and not as easy as it sounds. Touches = rhythm. No touches = uncertainty. AA was less effective when Bracey had PG duty...and vise versa. Look at Jean's #s as PG in his early years...vs when he moved to SG.

Thats why Exavion/JP/Duruji did well playing next to those guys...theyre natural finishers. Whereas Archibald/Bracey excel in the creator role. Its also why I think the freshman Cobi Williams will xfer. He's ALWAYS had the ball in his hands. And with Bracey/AA/Jean...that wont happen this year. And likely not next either when AA moves back to fulltime PG.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    That is a deep team of comparable talent. Crazy enough...thats what concerns me about their ability to go to the next level. Some tough decisions about playing time and matchups will need to be made...and Konkol hasnt proven to me thats one of his strong suits. If 2 or less players xfer this season, I will consider the roster management a success.

Interesting note about AAs regression. It was inevitable. Konkol system is PG dominant...so the PG has the ball a lot and has ample opportunity to make plays/stats. Without the ball...everyone else falls into "finisher" role. Less opportunities and not as easy as it sounds. Touches = rhythm. No touches = uncertainty. AA was less effective when Bracey had PG duty...and vise versa. Look at Jean's #s as PG in his early years...vs when he moved to SG.

Thats why Exavion/JP/Duruji did well playing next to those guys...theyre natural finishers. Whereas Archibald/Bracey excel in the creator role. Its also why I think the freshman Cobi Williams will xfer. He's ALWAYS had the ball in his hands. And with Bracey/AA/Jean...that wont happen this year. And likely not next either when AA moves back to fulltime PG.
    Hope Williams sticks around because big minutes will be up for grabs after this year. That is exactly why many of us keep crying out for full court press up temp style of play. That is how you spread minutes and create an environment that keeps more guys involved. The niche of 40 minutes of hell is how you limit the transfers out.

With the addition of Gordon, we should always have a rim protector on the court. Roll the ball out and get after it. No more excuses.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Just an educated guess based upon seniority, some of which u could book.

1. Bracey (lock)
    2. Jean (lock if health)
    3. Pemberton (pretty close to lock based upon last year)
    4. Mo
    5. O (pretty close)

However, they may be legit 11 or more deep

LeDoux could easily start and will certainly get major minutes as he was the best shooter on last years team, as a redshirt.

Archibald regressed a little last year, but has major starter minutes over 2 seasons. If Jean is a no go early, AA probably replaces.

Exavion may have been our best player not named Bracey before he went down. If he gets back to that level...

Thomas ended up getting minutes last year and was athletic enough. If he takes the second year big man jump, could easily get up to double digit minutes.

Those are all guys who are mostly known quantities to the staff.

Gordon’s size and athleticism should get him at least double digit minutes.

Armstead shot 47 percent from 3 and averaged over 15 a game as an all-region Juco last year. No. 28 rated player in the country. If he can shoot anywhere near that he has got to get on the floor because we didn’t have anybody come close to that.

So all 11 non- freshmen have promise of getting on the floor. As far as the 2 Freshmen, you know more about them with both being from DFW. We have had plenty of freshmen play over the last 6-8 years, so...

I am encouraged that we will have depth. Just hope to see a different use out of depth than what this head coach has shown in the past.

I am most looking forward to seeing Gordon and the two potential shooters. An athletic big and 2 guys that can consistently stroke it from outside would be extremely welcome additions.
    If Ledoux doesn't start and is the first guard off the bench, our backcourt is going to be VERY good next year. I'll be shocked if he's not a starter.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    If Ledoux doesn't start and is the first guard off the bench, our backcourt is going to be VERY good next year. I'll be shocked if he's not a starter.
    Can’t argue with that. I expect starter minutes out of him at least by conference play.

+ Reply to Thread