+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAC?

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

AAC?

Per USA Today, UConn is leaving the AAC mainly for basketball reasons. But are leaving this summer regardless in all sports. That would leave 11 teams and they need 12 for a conference title game. Apparently they would love to have Boise if Boise and the MWC can't agree to terms with Boise's TV contract. If Boise is to stay put, should we be making a case for LA Tech to join the AAC? This would be about the same travel as being in CUSA. We could renew competition with Houston, SMU, Tulsa, Tulane etc. I say we start the phone ringing and letters to AAC for the future if there is a spot available. If they are truly the best conference outside a P-5 lets be in it.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: AAC?

Boise in the AAC makes no sense, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I would love for us to be in the AAC. With what we've done in recent years with facilities and what we are about to build, I have to think we'll be a lot more attractive than we would have. Our place in CUSA's foot print was a factor for us getting in. Certainly we're a geographic fit on the west side of the AAC too.

Lots has to happen and I'm not sure we're close enough to start a campaign but nothing wrong with dreaming.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Boise, if you recall, joined the Big East a few years back but it never happened because the Big East fell apart. Distance doesn't seem to be a big deal to Boise. We would have to increase our budget big time, and that might not even make a difference. We have the smallest budget in the CUSA now. A student fee would help this but not enough. I bet if you go to usl's page, they are probably already announcing they will be in the AAC if Boise doesn't join.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

The AAC is not going to expand. Based on interviews after the UConn announcement, they are content with odd divisions now that a conference is no longer required to have 12 for a championship game. The feeling is that they won't make moves until they get poached by the Big12.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    The AAC is not going to expand. Based on interviews after the UConn announcement, they are content with odd divisions now that a conference is no longer required to have 12 for a championship game. The feeling is that they won't make moves until they get poached by the Big12.
    I think they would make an exception for Boise. And with Boise suing MWC, that's probably what they want

Alleging Mountain West violated Broncos' re-entry agreement, Boise State sues its conference

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I wish the AAC was more regional with us in it. Basically, bring back the old CUSA and add Tech.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Proverbs 29:18...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I think they would make an exception for Boise. And with Boise suing MWC, that's probably what they want

Alleging Mountain West violated Broncos' re-entry agreement, Boise State sues its conference

Wow! That's a nasty lawsuit. And it's especially interesting how Boise State's attorney's take shots at MWC Commissioner Craig Thompson and the MWC's Board of Directors.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD Dawg View Post
    Per USA Today, UConn is leaving the AAC mainly for basketball reasons. But are leaving this summer regardless in all sports. That would leave 11 teams and they need 12 for a conference title game. Apparently they would love to have Boise if Boise and the MWC can't agree to terms with Boise's TV contract. If Boise is to stay put, should we be making a case for LA Tech to join the AAC? This would be about the same travel as being in CUSA. We could renew competition with Houston, SMU, Tulsa, Tulane etc. I say we start the phone ringing and letters to AAC for the future if there is a spot available. If they are truly the best conference outside a P-5 lets be in it.
    Would be fine by me. But I doubt very seriously we would be first in line to replace UCONN, if they just replace the one departure. I would think another eastern school would have the inside track, like Marshall or ODU. Of course I haven't studied their geographical distribution and they might shift a school east and look for another western school....Hello!

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Boise State may be in play.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Would obviously love to see us in the AAC.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Would be fine by me. But I doubt very seriously we would be first in line to replace UCONN, if they just replace the one departure. I would think another eastern school would have the inside track, like Marshall or ODU. Of course I haven't studied their geographical distribution and they might shift a school east and look for another western school....Hello!
    Their divisions aren't set up well now. If they wanted to add a school they'd actually be better off to switch Navy to the eastern division and add a school in the west.

But as stated above, they've said they aren't interested in replacing UCONN at all. Or at least they aren't in any hurry.

Also, the thing about the AAC essentially being the old CUSA is that those are the schools that we complained for years were overly focused on metro-size and potential.

The current common ground in the AAC is schools in big cities with biggish (for G5 schools) budgets. That's not us.

As always, on the field results will be pretty far down the list of what they're looking for.

I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Not a chance. We are about $10 million short of slight consideration.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Not a chance. We are about $10 million short of slight consideration.
    I only stated that I, and really all true Tech fans, would love seeing us in the AAC.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

The AAC will never happen for us. We just don't have the financial resources to hang out with those guys.

+ Reply to Thread