+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/17: @ Southern Miss

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: 11/17 @ Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Well, yeah... I can armchair QB with the best of them. But if I were given this team and it was my responsibility to hire the best staff I could with my limited budget and recruit the best athletes I could to Ruston, LA, and then prepare them for games during the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer and then call crucial plays at crucial times... I would go with Holtz over me.
    ....you probably also would have never hired a 3-time failure like Todd Fitch as your OC either.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....you probably also would have never hired a 3-time failure like Todd Fitch as your OC either.
    We all know Holtz is the OC. He originally hired Tony Petersen who left to go to ECU after a couple of years (probably wanted to call plays). He got Fitch to be his eyes in the press box because they think alike (and Fitch doesn't care to call plays probably).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

We all know Holtz is the OC. He originally hired Tony Petersen who left to go to ECU after a couple of years (probably wanted to call plays). He got Fitch to be his eyes in the press box because they think alike (and Fitch doesn't care to call plays probably).
    I don't know that what you said above is true. But if it is true, that's an irresponsible way to run an FBS offense in the 21st century. LA Tech's AD and fans should demand more. We deserve a full time PROFESSIONAL OC, just like everyone else. Even ULM and ULL hire full time professional OC's.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, yeah... I can armchair QB with the best of them. But if I were given this team and it was my responsibility to hire the best staff I could with my limited budget and recruit the best athletes I could to Ruston, LA, and then prepare them for games during the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer and then call crucial plays at crucial times... I would go with Holtz over me.
    So, we have a limited budget but we can afford to hire a “yes” man that doesn’t do that much and was, for all intents and purposes, fired from his last job. Doesn’t seem like very sound judgement.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I don't know that what you said above is true. But if it is true, that's an irresponsible way to run an FBS offense in the 21st century. LA Tech's AD and fans should demand more. We deserve a full time PROFESSIONAL OC, just like everyone else. Even ULM and ULL hire full time professional OC's.
    I've watched A&M some this year and it appears Jimbo Fisher does the same thing.

Sure enough... this is what Jimbo said: “Coach Dickey will be in the press box giving out things and ideas while going through our gameplan and our thoughts, I’ll send the plays in, but sometimes I’ll say, ‘Yes, that’s what we want to do.’ We will each know what we want to do and other coaches will too. It’s not just always a coordinator,” Fisher said.

Probably the same thing with us.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

That's actually a sign that you have a talented team. All-around team. If you can win despite coaching and QBing. Good recruiting I suppose.
    We are talented at 21 positions, plus special teams................................

twss

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 11/17: @ Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Did y’all know we have a chance to win 10 games this season, something NO Tech team has done since going to FBS? I have been hearing a lot about this from Coach Holtz and others on the radio this week. This must be a VERY special team.
    I will celebrate if we hit this milestone, but this is probably the weakest conference slate we've ever had.

I found an article of when Fitch was hired that confirms Holtz was the play caller before he arrived and will continue to be:

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...w-oc/79887138/

Tech's offense isn't expected to change with Fitch on board. In fact, Holtz told The News-Star last month he would still run the offense in the same capacity as he's done the past two years, which means he'll still call plays.

Sorry, I thought we all knew this already.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I thought we all knew this already.
    Denial is a hell of a drug.

Any time you see this on your TV, it means the sideline coach is calling the plays:

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Louisiana Tech vs Southern Miss | Holtz Era

2013: 36-13 W - Scotty Young
    2014: 31-20 W - Cody Sokol
    2015: 58-24 L - Jeff Driskel
    2016: 39-24 L - Ryan Higgins
    2017: 34-27 L - J'Mar Smith
    2018: ?

It's USM's "Blackout" game. Will Holtz find a way to win or lose to USM 4 years in row?

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't remember Scotty Young playing. All I recall is that he was a transfer from Texas Tech. I went up to the Kansas game that Higgins started and he did pretty well. We would have won except for two fumbles close to their goal line - Higgins and Dixon. 2013 was a forgettable season.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

2013 https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/south...-201311090038/

Dixon had 207 yards rushing
    Nick Mullens threw 3 interceptions (we had 4 ints in game)

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I really don't remember Scotty Young playing. All I recall is that he was a transfer from Texas Tech. I went up to the Kansas game that Higgins started and he did pretty well. We would have won except for two fumbles close to their goal line - Higgins and Dixon. 2013 was a forgettable season.
    Here you go. Scotty went 22 of 37 for 158 yards with 2 TDs.

2013 USM vs LaTech | Box Score

+ Reply to Thread