+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Techsters add home games vs. LSU & Auburn in 2016-2017

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Techsters add home games vs. LSU & Auburn in 2016-2017

The Lady Techsters, who announced their 2015-16 schedule last month, will play LSU and Auburn in 2016-17

The Lady Techsters will host LSU on Nov. 11, 2016 and Auburn on Dec. 14, 2016. The game with Auburn is part of a home-and-home agreement that will send Tech on the road in 2017-18. Tech and Auburn haven’t met since 1996-97.
    Tech and LSU will restart a long-time series after a brief hiatus this season. The two teams had played seven straight times dating back to 2008.
    Although there isn’t an official game scheduled, Tech and LSU will still play in 2015-16.
    In this 2013 file photo, Louisiana Tech hosts LSU in non-conference action. The Lady Techsters will once again play the Lady Tigers in Ruston in 2016-17. (Photo: DONNY CROWE/LATech Athletics)

In an agreement dated March 27, 2015, Tech and LSU signed up to play a scrimmage Oct 31, 2015 in Baton Rouge. Tech will receive $1,500 for the closed scrimmage. There is no financial agreement for the 2016 game in Ruston.
    The Techsters have lost eight straight games in the series with the most recent win coming in 2003. Tech last played LSU in Ruston during the 2014 season when the Lady Tigers came away with a 81-69 win.
    LSU and Auburn join Stephen F. Austin, McNeese State and UL Lafayette on the 2016-17 schedule. Tech’s matchup with Stephen F. Austin is the third game of a 2-for-1 scheduled back in 2014 — a single game at Stephen F. Austin in 2014 with a pair of home games in Ruston for 2015 and 2016.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...dule/31862715/

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: Techsters add home games vs. LSU & Auburn in 2016-2017

Am I correct in saying that there will be no media coverage of the lsu scrimmage? Seems like there is some goofy ncaa rule about that.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Am I correct in saying that there will be no media coverage of the lsu scrimmage? Seems like there is some goofy ncaa rule about that.
    I think you are correct. I want to say the men's team had a couple of closed scrimmages before the start of the previous season where no media was allowed.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I don't even think they allow any public to watch. Do they even keep score?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yeah, I don't even think they allow any public to watch. Do they even keep score?
    Don't think they do officially. I've not heard of a scrimmage with a team you're actually going to play though.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Don't think they do officially. I've not heard of a scrimmage with a team you're actually going to play though.
    They aren't on the schedule this year. The series picks up again next year.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

They aren't on the schedule this year. The series picks up again next year.
    I really should start reading before commenting.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, it is closed to the public. They don't keep score...officially. Unofficially, they kinda know how close the scrimmage is.

That would take all the fun out of it.

Varsity Bulldog BruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the roughBruisedOrange is a jewel in the rough

I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but... that would take all the fun out of it.

+ Reply to Thread