+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay like FIU, get like FIU

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Pay like FIU, get like FIU

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...S04/311060032/

I actually think our fans are more embarrassing than our team this year... oh wait, I don't think they are... I know they are. We didn't even go to a bowl game last year but yea, let's build on that season. We had a total collapse at the end of last season due to some charade Dykes pulled over your eyes. He didn't build anything - he ran a gimmick offense and left us with squat. Of course this team is in the place they are in mentally - they were left for dead and have a new coach.

But yea, fire Holtz because, ya know, we're Louisiana Tech and that would be exactly what we would do. Why stop at passing up a bowl bid?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Pay like FIU, get like FIU

You're stupid.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I second that. If running a "gimmick" offense results in the #1 offense in the nation, then would could logically deduce it was a highly effective offense. And if I'm not mistaken, most offenses are based somewhat on deception. Most people don't line up and say "ok mr safety, I'm gonna fake a hand off to the back, but please don't bite on it lest you get beat."

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

yep and that #1 offense in the nation got us..... nothing.

but whatever, fire holtz. all the hoohas on this board seem to know "another coach" coulda done something different with this team.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad View Post
    yep and that #1 offense in the nation got us..... nothing.

but whatever, fire holtz. all the hoohas on this board seem to know "another coach" coulda done something different with this team.
    It got us 9 wins.

Would you say that you're pleased with the new coaching staff thus far?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    It got us 9 wins.

Would you say that you're pleased with the new coaching staff thus far?
    In the third year. And no quality wins (except maybe Rice) in that 9.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    In the third year. And no quality wins (except maybe Rice) in that 9.
    The third year was the only one in which we had the #1 offense, which is what he was commenting about - that it got us nothing. This is not a true statement. That #1 offense got us 9 wins (unless you'd like to argue that it was the defense).

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Ok. Seriously. Are you arguing just to be arguing? We played A&M in Shreveport and put 57 on them. If it wasn't for the blocked kick we win that game. There was no team in the country we couldn't score against. It (meaning the offense) got us a lot such as exposure like we've never had and it generated excitement. People wanted to see us play. The bowl debacle and the way the season ended had nothing to do with the offense. The offense didn't make the schedule.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    Ok. Seriously. Are you arguing just to be arguing? We played A&M in Shreveport and put 57 on them. If it wasn't for the blocked kick we win that game. There was no team in the country we couldn't score against. It (meaning the offense) got us a lot such as exposure like we've never had and it generated excitement. People wanted to see us play. The bowl debacle and the way the season ended had nothing to do with the offense. The offense didn't make the schedule.
    Yeah, seriously, IN YEAR THREE of Dykes. And we were also famously bad on defense.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

I know I'm in the minority here in not liking "gimmick offenses". Yeah, they will put points on the boards and pad the stats against inferior teams, but in my book they don't measure up against an "average" defense. People have been saying this about Oregon for years, and now their fans are starting to realize that they were right.

Famous offense AND famous defense. What more could you ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    I know I'm in the minority here in not liking "gimmick offenses". Yeah, they will put points on the boards and pad the stats against inferior teams, but in my book they don't measure up against an "average" defense. People have been saying this about Oregon for years, and now their fans are starting to realize that they were right.
    Define "gimmick" please.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Yeah, seriously, IN YEAR THREE of Dykes. And we were also famously bad on defense.
    Nevertheless, I still prefer winning to losing.

It was also Dykes' third year of ever being a head coach. This is Holtz's, what, 14th year as a head coach? Even given the ways in which this is a rebuilding year, I'd have hoped that the premium we paid for a seasoned head coach would have translated into a better on-field product. I can't see that we're getting any benefit from his experience. If by year 14 you can't read the 2-pt conversion chart (much less an opposing offense), I'm not sure you need to be a DI FBS head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Nevertheless, I still prefer winning to losing.

It was also Dykes' third year of ever being a head coach. This is Holtz's, what, 14th year as a head coach? Even given the ways in which this is a rebuilding year, I'd have hoped that the premium we paid for a seasoned head coach would have translated into a better on-field product. I can't see that we're getting any benefit from his experience. If by year 14 you can't read the 2-pt conversion chart (much less an opposing offense), I'm not sure you need to be a DI FBS head coach.
    And I prefer the taste of oranges to apples.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    Define "gimmick" please.
    Like Oregon. Their offense is based on the success of one player-their quarterback. This type "gimmick" offense is often made worse by including a "hurry up" style of play used with a spread offense with trick plays thrown in. If you have a defense that is good, like Stanford's, the gimmick doesn't work and there's nothing else for the team to fall back on.

+ Reply to Thread