+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Virginia Tech Shootings

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

Virginia Tech Shootings

Ya'll I think we should all wear black ribbons to show our support for this college. Maybe we should get all students to do it like maybe the SGA can hand out ribbons. It would show a lot of faith from our college and also show that we care for VA Tech.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Virginia Tech Shootings

do it...

i wouldn't mind a few shirts in chicago marron or burnt orange with the ribbon over the heart made... simple, uncluttered, and effective...

but cost effective, a black ribbon with a vt thing is probably easier to have made, and does just the same

just do it (blue?)

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

I was going to walmart tonight to get some black ribbon and maybe getting some red and orange small ribbon to make a really nice ribbon to wear . . . but i will have one on this week

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

An interesting question for the TECH police would be what steps are in place to handle this type of situation if it were to happen in Ruston. I have asked that question here in Sport and all I can get is; don't jinx us and ask that question!

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    An interesting question for the TECH police would be what steps are in place to handle this type of situation if it were to happen in Ruston. I have asked that question here in Sport and all I can get is; don't jinx us and ask that question!
    The problem with this is there is no way to completely stop this from happening, if some one is determined to go on a killing spree it will happen. The dorms have FOB's (which wouldn't have helped because he lived in the dorm). One thing that may have helped is because Tech is a smaller campus and has so many video cameras on almost every outside angle they may have been able to spot him going into a building and intervened before too many were killed. But like I said without putting up a parameter wall and making every person go through a checkpoint to get on campus there's only so much that can be done. I think it was mentinoned earlier that Virginia was about to vote whether or not to allow people w/ handguns on campus in Louisiana all weapons are illegal to carry on campus (permit or not).

Germ I would really like the full size image of your avatar

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I stole it off of facebook, you can copy it from my profile on facebook, it's kind of grainy larger size.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    The problem with this is there is no way to completely stop this from happening, if some one is determined to go on a killing spree it will happen. The dorms have FOB's (which wouldn't have helped because he lived in the dorm). One thing that may have helped is because Tech is a smaller campus and has so many video cameras on almost every outside angle they may have been able to spot him going into a building and intervened before too many were killed. But like I said without putting up a parameter wall and making every person go through a checkpoint to get on campus there's only so much that can be done. I think it was mentinoned earlier that Virginia was about to vote whether or not to allow people w/ handguns on campus in Louisiana all weapons are illegal to carry on campus (permit or not).
    I understand that point. I guess that my point was do we have the personnel, resources, and training to be able to CONTAIN this type of situation. There isn't a way to prevent it.

I bought the ribbon just about an hour ago and I will wear it til Monday! And I hope people will do this also around campus . . . it will show that we feel for VA Tech

Germ, I was going to make something like that too! I made the ribbon in my signature and this . . . and also i so just realized who you were!!!!!!!!!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

if you have another jen, i would like one! i will be located at johnny's from 11 to around 3 or 4!

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I understand that point. I guess that my point was do we have the personnel, resources, and training to be able to CONTAIN this type of situation. There isn't a way to prevent it.

Doc and Germ,
    Tech is capable of handling it... BUT, they need more resources. They go through the same training that the RPD and LPSO go through.

Tech NEEDS new cameras and more.
    Tech NEEDS more officers.
    Tech just NEEDS a lot more.

If something similar happened at Tech, the officers will be able to handle it to a point. One advantage Tech has is it is in Ruston, LA - And we have ALL sorts of departments here that can be on Tech campus and in ANY building or classroom within 5 minutes...

Tech Police, Ruston PD, LPSO, LSP, FBI, City-State-Federal Marshalls.

All of those have units or people trained to handle "Active shooter" situations (which VA Tech was).

I feel safe right now with what we have for the most part, but I do know we need more! There's a list somewhere... (I've been making one for the last year or two)...

I know that if I had a child going to Tech, and I had thousands or millions laying around (like I know some at Tech do) - my FIRST instinct would have been to call either Reneau and/or Quinnelly and say "What do you want/need?" "Ok, you got it."... Unfortunately, I don't have that money yet.

and don't forget... just because it is illegal to conceal a weapon without a permit, doesn't mean it isn't done. your not going to spot a person hiding a weapon until it's too late. and that is what this s.o.b. did.

I got this I just through i would pass this on to ya'll

There are e-mails going around for a Hokie Hope Day on Friday, to support all members of the Virginia Tech Family. Please wear maroon and orange on Friday, April 20, and pass this message on to your friends, family, and colleagues.

Puppy CG has turned a few heads around hereCG has turned a few heads around hereCG has turned a few heads around hereCG has turned a few heads around here CG's Avatar

Just to inform everyone SGA will be hosting a candlelight vigil Monday, April 23, 2007 at 8 p.m. in Centennial Plaza to honor the lives lost in the Virginia Tech shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by CG View Post
    Just to inform everyone SGA will be hosting a candlelight vigil Monday, April 23, 2007 at 8 p.m. in Centennial Plaza to honor the lives lost in the Virginia Tech shooting.
    i should be there!

+ Reply to Thread