+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Summitt Resigns

Champ Bearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond reputeBearpaw has a reputation beyond repute

LaTech Re: Summitt Resigns

This mistake by our AD was one of the worst he's made, if not the worst. Summit should never have been hired so young, and that was our main mistake. I wish the man the best, but will always wish he did not damage our beloved university's reputation with his issues.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Summitt Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    What a disgusting little punk!! When I heard he'd been hired, I thought it was an April Fools joke. Apparently it was and the joke was on Tech for hiring him.
    Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    damn.....somewhat harsh...

.....I mean we all make mistake....sure it was not a good situation but I can't imagine the turmoil this kid has caused with his ex wife, family, friends, career, etc.

hopefully we learned a valuable lesson by hiring someone so young...
    Not harsh at all. Don was totally correct and history has proven it so.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Our human nature is to be very judgmental. That is definitely something I believe I need to work on in my own life.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Our human nature is to be very judgmental. That is definitely something I believe I need to work on in my own life.
    Don't we all.
    Just in the middle of a Bible study on David and that "good lookin' hon" he found bathing.
    If a man after God's heart can fall so far as to let lust lead to dishonoring others and cold blooded murder ... who am I to judge, especially without any knowledge of what is in the heart of those involved and how they reconcile.

(Yes, my "pooh" stinks)

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

My only concern is for his mother. She certainly didn't deserve this. You can tell by his statement about the young lady that he got pregnant that he wasn't concerned over the 3 lives he hurt the most.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

His mother was in a place none of us here on BBB can relate to. She had zero idea what was happening. Him even saying that indicates he is still in denial.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    She could have had a miscarriage. Or are you saying that you know for certain?
    Or she may not have been pregnant at all. All we know for sure is he had an affair.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Or she may not have been pregnant at all. All we know for sure is he had an affair.
    You may be correct, D06. The below article was dated on June 01, 2016. Pomroy landed the assistant position less than 2 months from Summitt's fire.

http://fairbornathletics.com/2016/06...illy-harchick/

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    correct

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    My mother is retiring from ULM at the end of the fall semester and she has set up something very similar to what Pat did for Tyler so it is available here in Louisiana. My sisters (X3) and I along with my father (who has Alzheimer's) have been listed as beneficiaries for her retirement if something should happen to her. I was a little surprised to find out that it is was available to children. Like others here, I thought only the spouse was eligible for the retirement benefits. She took a lower amount (smaller percentage like Pat) to set this up. I not fully up on the details on how all this works. From what she has told me, the beneficiaries will receive all her retirement until it is gone by doing it this way. I'm not completely sure she understands exactly all the details but the person who handles this at ULM has convinced her it will work this way.
    Federal employees have the option of taking a 5 or 10 percent reduction to their retirement annuity amount to have a spousal benefit of 25 or 50 percent for life should the retiree die before the spouse. If the spouse dies first, the reduction stops and the retiree begins to receive 100 percent of the calculated retirement benefit. Most married Federal retirees opt for the spousal benefit instead of buying a life insurance policy, or in my case, I chose the 10 percent reduction to have the spousal benefit and also have a life insurance policy. Also 100% of the money in my Thrift Savings Plan (TSP - Federal government version of a 401-K) would go to my spouse if I died before her.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Federal employees have the option of taking a 5 or 10 percent reduction to their retirement annuity amount to have a spousal benefit of 25 or 50 percent for life should the retiree die before the spouse. If the spouse dies first, the reduction stops and the retiree begins to receive 100 percent of the calculated retirement benefit. Most married Federal retirees opt for the spousal benefit instead of buying a life insurance policy, or in my case, I chose the 10 percent reduction to have the spousal benefit and also have a life insurance policy. Also 100% of the money in my Thrift Savings Plan (TSP - Federal government version of a 401-K) would go to my spouse if I died before her.
    Pension Max (with life insurance) will usually only work well if the insured can get a good rating. I'm sure you looked at the numbers, but when putting a pencil to it it doesn't take many years for a couple to come out ahead when comparing the options...assuming he/she is insurable and will receive a good rating.

One of the best examples of this is a friend who retried at age 58, was in excellent health and did not take the spouse-survivor option. He has received much more from his pension over the past 20 years and has not had to pay a premium on his life insurance policy in almost 5 years.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    She could have had a miscarriage. Or are you saying that you know for certain?
    It could also be that what was reported (which I don't remember the details) was not the exact situation.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    It could also be that what was reported (which I don't remember the details) was not the exact situation.
    Was there ever any reporting on any of this? As I recall it was all rumor and innuendo that was put into the public domain by a few websites that repeated the rumor and innuendo. Nobody ever even quoted anyone anonymously to confirm any of what was being said.

Some of that rumor and innuendo was so off base that a member of the team had to come out and publicly say she wasn't the person involved. I'll ask the same question Dawg06 asked - was she ever even pregnant? All we know is that he had an affair and that he and his wife divorced.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Not harsh at all. Don was totally correct and history has proven it so.
    just saying, we all make mistakes....we all make big mistake.....to trash someone after the fact does no good.....sure, we all know the truth now....but the biggest mistake was by the AD that made the hire - NEVER should you have a man that young around ladies that young....that is asking for way too much restraint when humans have proven time and time again that it is not always possible.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Was there ever any reporting on any of this? As I recall it was all rumor and innuendo that was put into the public domain by a few websites that repeated the rumor and innuendo. Nobody ever even quoted anyone anonymously to confirm any of what was being said.

Some of that rumor and innuendo was so off base that a member of the team had to come out and publicly say she wasn't the person involved. I'll ask the same question Dawg06 asked - was she ever even pregnant? All we know is that he had an affair and that he and his wife divorced.
    That is what I was alluding to. I don't remember the details of the rumor or whatever, but now it seems likely that the player was not "expecting."

+ Reply to Thread