+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No NCAA Tourney 2018

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Re: No NCAA Tourney 2018

Is there any chance we get an invite to the NIT??

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP View Post
    Is there any chance we get an invite to the NIT??
    Greatness!

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I live in Denham Springs, dangerously close to the border between where my kids would go to Walker HS vs. Denham Springs HS. I used to work for a man whose family "is from round here" for generations back. The bitterness runs deep in some corners between the two schools. When I told him and his wife that I thought my kids would end up at Walker, his wife nearly cried in front of me. It seemed she was worried for the state of my soul. It was that serious to her. I was a little worried myself. Was it that bad? I confirmed later that my kids would be Yellow Jackets. All was well.

This year the football game went off as usual. A few bad eggs made life miserable for the majority at the end of the game. The cops were there and ambulances were required. Some people can't give it up. The majority of us were ashamed. Afterward, the Walker band stayed to watch our band do their showcase performance and they were thoroughly supportive. It seemed odd. Different ... certainly different than what was going on across the parking lot.

Later in the year, Walker won the state championship in basketball. Many from Denham, including school officials, offered their congrats on social media. Trust me when I tell you this couldn't have happened in the past. You see, those old rivalries from decades back have been infused with a bunch of us transplants from Baton Rouge who were "homeless" when it came to a neighborhood school. We suffered through a flood together. #LPStrong thank you. Rivalries get humbled by reality sometimes. Sure, there were a few bad eggs even there. "At least we have homes" is a classless sign at a football game but I saw it. Still, you all saw what I am talking about with the USM tornado, the FIU bridge disaster etc. #CUSAstrong. Louisiana has had its share in recent decades.

This is the world you live in today. The younger generation thinks this way. You don't have to like it but realize there are a lot of relevant and potential fans out there who look at what our AD wrote and think, "what a good sport".

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    He's just following the lead of our coaches.

Tech golf coach out here rooting for Belch bubble team that ended up getting last spot in field of 64:
    https://twitter.com/CoachMattTerry/s...27566644953088

Tech baseball and WBB coach also congratulating NWST while their employer sits at home:
    https://twitter.com/LaneBurroughs23/...71258755538944
    https://twitter.com/BrookeStoehr/sta...62284261879809

They all must have an old phone plan and have used up all their minutes and text messages for the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Would it be too much to ask to have coaches that worked for Tech, not someone else?
    So, let me get this straight ... we want our coaches to develop relationships across the country, so when we hire them we could put out all these glowing quotes from people praising them ... but then we expect them not to cultivate those relationships publicly when good things happen to those people? We just expect them not to congratulate their friends and former co-workers for a job well done? Got it.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Believable: our terrible scheduling and predictable collapse locking us out.

Unbelievable: https://twitter.com/tmcclelland/stat...39582514139139
    I think he deleted the tweet, I can't find it in his feed.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have no problem at all with TMAC, and any other Tech coach/official offering congrats to NSU....and even to LSU. We were a total of 1-2 vs. those guys this year. And they got into the Dance while we failed...again. That's not their fault.

Rise above the noise....

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I think he deleted the tweet, I can't find it in his feed.
    Looks like it. Should have screencapped it.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

If he was proud of it he wouldn’t have deleted it.

Either he caught flack from someone higher up or he realized his mistake.

Look good sportsmanship is one thing. Sure you tip your hat to the victors, shake hands after the game, coaches tell each other good job. I think the problem for fans is it can sting after a loss.

I mean I sat next to some of the most obnoxious USM fans and Miss State fans (on the home side/in premium seating btw). After the game was over, and they had yelled/jeered/and rubbed it in our faces...I said good game and walked out. What I’m not going to do is tweet out how awesome they are and I don’t care my AD to do it either.

I couldn’t find a single other C-USA AD that tweeted out good job! Nothing from the muts, uab, rice...

Off topic...I told the Miss State fan that if their QB kept running that way he was going to get hurt. After seeing it happen, I hated to be right.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Our AD is out of touch with our fan and alumni base. The lack of growth with attendance and this tweet proves it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the main problem is that he was never in touch.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Plenty of people got a screenshot of his politicking

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said, it's fine to pick up the phone & congratulate them. Especially if you've got history with them. And it carries the personal touch. If you care enough to say something then take the time to step up and say it with your own voice.

But don't do the social media thing. You don't work there anymore.

Ride for the brand. 24/7.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    So, let me get this straight ... we want our coaches to develop relationships across the country, so when we hire them we could put out all these glowing quotes from people praising them ... but then we expect them not to cultivate those relationships publicly when good things happen to those people? We just expect them not to congratulate their friends and former co-workers for a job well done? Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Like I said, it's fine to pick up the phone & congratulate them. Especially if you've got history with them. And it carries the personal touch. If you care enough to say something then take the time to step up and say it with your own voice.

But don't do the social media thing. You don't work there anymore.

Ride for the brand. 24/7.
    What TD said.^^^ Call or text them or even send an old school note in the mail. Anything but twitter. Twitter needs to stay on brand 24/7 for recruits and the base, not be used for selling yourself to your next (or former) employer that your base wants to see lose.

I don't really have a problem with what Burroughs said. He's somewhat taking a little credit for helping build that team... recruiting, coaching, and mentoring those guys. In a way that congratulations can be spun as recruiting to play for Burroughs at Tech.

Our AD sent the worst message possible with LSU "Louisiana pride" tweet. It's that very mindset that is one of Tech's biggest enemies. He should have said something along the lines of being proud of our team's accomplishments but disappointed the NCAA selection committee didn't reward us for it and that he will do whatever to support the program to ensure we get over the hump in the future. Definitely not publicly rooting for LSU and NWST in front of thousands of disappointed Tech fans. Tommy deleted his tweet because he knows he messed up.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 05-29-2018 at 01:26 AM.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Jim Oakes was an extremely loyal AD. A lot of people didn't like him, though.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Jim Oakes was an extremely loyal AD. A lot of people didn't like him, though.
    Did a decent job through the point of helping get Tech into the WAC. But then he overstayed his welcome as AD by about 4 years. But at the same time his top boss was overstaying his welcome by about a decade.

Sounds familiar as our current AD is now overstaying his welcome. Tech needs new athletic leadership ASAP.

+ Reply to Thread