+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SKIP HOLTZ - SpecTECHular Career So Far

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: SKIP Holtz -- Spectacular career so far

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . You really think anyone cares about negative posters.. how many BBB posters paid 250k for press box area—I cant tell you how many supports ask what BBB is and I explain that occasionally I pick up some good stuff and a handful of Ultra negative whiners - trust me on this— day bbb impacts coaches it’s day program ends up like Tennessee
    Regardless of how many BB&B did it, I'm guessing there were not a lot of people that paid 250K for press box area seating, period.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Considering the level of competition, I would say both Crowton and Dykes were better. Holtz has a propensity for losing 2-3 games he should win, not every once and awhile, but every year. He’s happy with 6-8 wins a year and a mediocre bowl. I’d rather gamble on someone who has more ambition.
    Me too. While I'm fine with Holtz as long as he's winning 9 games a season, I will NOT tolerate or support him winning 7 games or less....not against these weak CUSA schedules. If we are only expecting 6 wins a season, we can pay a lot of people less than we pay Holtz and get the same results.

And by the way, Sonny Dykes was the best. I would say Gary Crowton was next, but that was really a different era. Holtz has just got to lose the conservatism.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Me too. While I'm fine with Holtz as long as he's winning 9 games a season, I will NOT tolerate or support him winning 7 games or less....not against these weak CUSA schedules. If we are only expecting 6 wins a season, we can pay a lot of people less than we pay Holtz and get the same results.

And by the way, Sonny Dykes was the best. I would say Gary Crowton was next, but that was really a different era. Holtz has just got to lose the conservatism.

I liked Sonny, but one of my favorites was Dooley. He took risks.. (i.e. MS State OT loss, Statue of Liberty play at LSU on 4th and goal before halftime) Dooley was the catalyst that this Athletic Dept and University needed to take us to the next level IMO. It was the first time since going to D1, after the Boise St success that I thought we could really distance ourselves as a program from the D1 bottom dwellers and have potential to become another Boise.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I liked Sonny, but one of my favorites was Dooley. He took risks.. (i.e. MS State OT loss, Statue of Liberty play at LSU on 4th and goal before halftime) Dooley was the catalyst that this Athletic Dept and University needed to take us to the next level IMO. It was the first time since going to D1, after the Boise St success that I thought we could really distance ourselves as a program from the D1 bottom dwellers and have potential to become another Boise.
    IMO, Dooley was always hampered by having Ross Jenkins as his QB. If you recall, Dooley lost the hot QB recruit that he really wanted to USM, and he never was able to recruit another. So Dooley had to stick with Jenkins for his entire LA Tech career. IMO Jenkins was a great kid, but he had very limited QB capabilities. He just couldn't stretch the field. For this reason, I just don't think we ever saw the best of Derek Dooley's coaching.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: SKIP Holtz - Mediocre is Thy Middle Name

IMO, Dooley was always hampered by having Ross Jenkins as his QB. If you recall, Dooley lost the hot QB recruit that he really wanted to USM, and he never was able to recruit another. So Dooley had to stick with Jenkins for his entire LA Tech career. IMO Jenkins was a great kid, but he had very limited QB capabilities. He just couldn't stretch the field. For this reason, I just don't think we ever saw the best of Derek Dooley's coaching.
    Isn’t Selfo DD’s OC?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

. My thread== I am offended that my thread is gung ho Holtz and compliment changed to negative. I’ll make this clear== I absolutely support Holtz.he will have the most wins of any coach in modern era after next year- most NFL draft picks (developed) in modern era- most $$$ raised for program= 33 wins in last 4 years == that’s 33-15 record . Do the math and tell me how that’s not outstanding
    I changed it back so you wouldn't stroke out - BTW I think it would surprise you the number of BBBers who are invested in the end zone project and the sky boxes
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Re: SKIP HOLTZ - SpecTECHular Career So Far

Notice how many teams that are in a bowl have fired their coach? Going to a bowl is really not a big deal.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Skip Holtz View Post
    Notice how many teams that are in a bowl have fired their coach? Going to a bowl is really not a big deal.
    Fired? What, like two or three P5 teams? A&M, UCLA? Any others I'm missing here?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Fired? What, like two or three P5 teams? A&M, UCLA? Any others I'm missing here?
    Found the other: 7-win Arizona State.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Regardless of how many BB&B did it, I'm guessing there were not a lot of people that paid 250K for press box area seating, period.
    It sold out immediately-- that said you do get 20 seats in booth so its possible to put together a group and its manageable -- pretty sure its spread out over a 5 year plan --

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I changed it back so you wouldn't stroke out - BTW I think it would surprise you the number of BBBers who are invested in the end zone project and the sky boxes
    I promise I know several of them and Rhinodawg cuts me zero slack -- thanks for changing back, I got some BP meds -- I would not call what Tech/Skip have accomplished over last 5 years ( think its 33-18 not 33-18)

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Jimbo bailed but Fla State begging him to stay and at 6-6 AM giving him 75 million contract . Tennessee fired their guy ( as they like to do) but don't think they are in a bowl

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

It sold out immediately-- that said you do get 20 seats in booth so its possible to put together a group and its manageable -- pretty sure its spread out over a 5 year plan --
    It didn't sell out immediately, but most of the suites were picked up quickly.

Jimbo bailed but Fla State begging him to stay and at 6-6 AM giving him 75 million contract . Tennessee fired their guy ( as they like to do) but don't think they are in a bowl
    Yeah. There are a few bowling that are going through a coaching change, but only 3 are due to firing.

He's trying to make a point, but its not a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    It didn't sell out immediately, but most of the suites were picked up quickly.
    By individuals or companies?

+ Reply to Thread