+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Football. Sonny Dykes Agrees to Contract Extension - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Sonny Dykes Agrees to Contract Extension - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech head football coach Sonny Dykes has agreed to a contract extension announced Wednesday by the University.

More...

Discuss it here.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Football. Sonny Dykes Agrees to Contract Extension - latechsports.com

Through 2017 :icon_wink:

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Good to see this. Now, hopefully he sticks around 'til 2017. Who thinks he will be here in 2017? If he wins consistently, a couple of bowl games, a conference championship or two, I think he will be gone before 2017. He's already had some interest just this year from one good season.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Through 2017 :icon_wink:
    Yeah..that!

Varsity Bulldog RowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the rough RowdyDawg's Avatar

Seems to me that putting a number of years on a contract for head coaches is pointless. Just put something in writing that says "If you continue to win (enough), we'll pay you to stay", [insert many pages of lawyer-ese here] otherwise, hit the road.

Or something to that effect.

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't that affect his buyout though, if a team has to buy out for all those seasons?

Puppy jonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nicejonathanbowden is just really nice

awesome to hear! Now let's go beat TCU!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

posted on other thread that the timing is perfect, they should mention this on national TV tonite

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

I think it's great that the team will be go into the game knowing that they have a coach that is going to stick with them.

From my perspective, it works out just as well from our end. Dykes would have been an asset, but concerns that he would hop at the first opportunity (rather than the *right* opportunity) would have been aggravated by the nature in which we would have gotten him. I'm cool with Levine. I'm cool with DeForrest. I'm cool with Phillips. (I'm glad Withers took that job at OSU.) The dirty secret of coach selection is that unless you're in the dire straights, there are always more good candidates than there are jobs to put them in. From there, it's a gamble. And Dykes, despite his success at LaTech, would have been a gamble just like anyone else (the last HC we plucked from another school produced a winless season). A more expensive gamble than Levine, I think.

But for you guys, this is just fantastic. You know he can win at LaTech. And you know he won't life his skirt for just any school.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

It says 2017 but we all know that if that Texas Tech job opens up he will be the first one to apply

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Dykes wife and kids get to go to Disneyworld.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    It says 2017 but we all know that if that Texas Tech job opens up he will be the first one to apply
    Really? Way to be positive.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious what the new salary and bonuses are. This is great news, however!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

NEWS FLASH: I bet you a Big Red that Spike has already counseled his son that the Texas Tech job is one he always passes up! You can't live your life compared to your dad!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

This is terrific news. We have a great Coach and I am sure he knows he is in a great place.

+ Reply to Thread