+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 12/12 MBB vs UL-Lafayette

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Re: 12/12 MBB vs UL-Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    No inside presence on offense or defense still loses basketball games. I know Konkol is all about building his team on guards & small forwards that are athletic BUT ULaLa gave us a clinic on how to move the ball (it’s called passing not dribbling) to create offensive opportunities- many of which were in the paint. That’s not Konkols game but we lose to every team in conference & out that has bugs that can score, rebound & play some defense. We are soft inside. No matter what your offensive approach you still gotta be able to guard people & rebound.
    Everyone should just get used to the lack of an inside presence on both ends of the court for the remainder of the season. First, there are no players on the team that can make this happen, especially when Tech plays a team as big, athletic and as physical as ULL. Second, Konkol's offensive and defensive schemes (whatever they are) do not seem to position our inside players so that they can effectively contend for rebounds. I was amazed last night at how many times Joniah White or his sub was near the three point line when a shot was taken. I was also amazed at how many times their three point shooters were wide open in the corners, and we couldn't get Boykins an open look from anywhere.

I have seen two games so far--SFA and ULL. If Konkol wants to make me an offer to stay away, I will listen.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

There are some on this board who think Konkol is a good coach. That may be someday, but so far this season he has been schooled by two seasoned coaches in the game of Basketball.

The Texas game might get ugly quickly.

Forgot to add...

“We competed well.”
    Last edited by revf; 12-13-2017 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Competed

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly this is same old same old for us White and now Konkol have the same problem. Losing to ULL could be forgiven if you are going to make the tournament. The NCAA tournament is more important. Unfortunately this season is already written off in that regard. If you are not going to make the tournament, you better beat the sunbelt teams on the schedule, particularly in state schools.

I don't think Konkol is a bad coach. The Historian is right that we don't seem to approach this as a rivalry game and we should. In basketball, anyone in the state is a potential rival. Sadly it's early in the season but I don't know what we are playing for anymore. Probably not the NCAA unless we make some drastic improvment. Making hay in the NIT would be a nice consolation prize, but I'm not confident that we even make the NIT at this point. The basketball team is going to have to do something impressive to get me back on board this year. The Cancun game gave me hope and maybe I am just taking this too hard, but there aren't a whole lot of games left to get us excited. I will still try to come up for a game to support the team, but we are going to have to find a way to shake things up. Continuing down this path isn't going to work.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t blame big guys if we offer them and they don’t come to Tech. It is obvious that we prefer guards and small forwards who dribble too much and don’t know how to rotate to open spots. No pick and roll, no pick and pop. How often do we try to set a high pick and the guard still goes the wrong way around the pick? Is that by design? If so, bad design.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Boils down to defense and turnovers

Last two games were unacceptable efforts

Unfortunately our kids don't view this game as a rivalry game as the Historian mentioned, neither does the staff - they put much more stock in UAB, USM, WKU and MTSU

That needs to change
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Unfortunately our kids don't view this game as a rivalry game as the Historian mentioned, neither does the staff - they put much more stock in UAB, USM, WKU and MTSU

That needs to change
    Then the only thing that needs to change is not treating every game like your life depended on it. What kind of crappy attitude is that? What, our basketball coaches get to pick and choose which games "they put much more stock" in?

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

That needs to change
    This is the reason we need more Louisiana players that care about beating usl. We played one of the worst halves I have witnessed(including some Jerry Loyd teams). We were not prepared and/or did not care in the first half. Konkol managed to get the team back in the game with 7 or 8 minutes to go

We also need work on rebounding(blocking out helps), baseline defense and half court offense.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

If they want fans that have to travel to the games and invest our time and money they need to put a much better product on the floor. We have glaring weaknesses in several areas as pointed out by many. Some cannot be fixed without recruiting but intensity, passing, offensive rebounding, and having your big man in the paint can be addressed.

Not sure if I will drive over anymore or if I will keep cusa tv either. I am down as I was looking forward to a good team, not one that completes. I have had my full of that.

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    If they want fans that have to travel to the games and invest our time and money they need to put a much better product on the floor. We have glaring weaknesses in several areas as pointed out by many. Some cannot be fixed without recruiting but intensity, passing, offensive rebounding, and having your big man in the paint can be addressed.

Not sure if I will drive over anymore or if I will keep cusa tv either. I am down as I was looking forward to a good team, not one that completes. I have had my full of that.
    I agree with this 100%. I looked at the SFA and ULL games as tests of what this team is really made of. Well, I have my answer now. I don't think I care to make any more 130 mile round trips to Ruston this year (and five hours of time) unless something changes quickly. Out-coached and out-hustled twice.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

#EmbracetheSuck

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

First message is for our SID: Stop touting our "strong" non-conference strength of schedule. We've only played one Top 100 opponent (Alabama). It is what it is right now because UT-TYLER AND MILES COLLEGE DO NOT COUNT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT DI. We aren't stupid. And we see how well Miles College prepared us for SFA and ULL after being lectured on how "beneficial" playing Miles College was.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I thought Tech would lose this game.

Yesterday afternoon during the preview segment on his radio show I told Fox there is one simple thing to understand about this series with the Cajuns. Since it was renewed in 2013 one team treats this as a rivalry game and the other does not.

Since 2013 Tech has trailed by double digits in every contest in the first half. Even in the game we won in 2015 we still trailed by 10 in the second half. We simply don't match their intensity. They forced 11 first half turnovers, which matched our per game average. We had 18 turnovers for the game.

Had we come anywhere close to matching their intensity in the first half we would have been fine.

Give Bob Marlin credit. He understands his fanbase and their interest in this game. Back in 2013 a lot was said about this game from the Cajuns side. The one thing that stood out for me was what was said in a radio interview Cajun point guard Elfrid Payton did after the game where he said the team started preparing for the Tech game during a summer tour their team did in Spain in August of that year. The pregame stories about the game also pointed to the fact the Cajuns had been preparing since the preseason for that night.

At the same time, Mike White thought so little of the game in 2013 he scheduled a road game a few days prior at Jackson State during the team's return trip from a tournament in Florida. He was completely oblivious to the situation. Konkol has been just as bad. Last night proved it.

Again, one team treats this as rivalry game. The other does not.
    Let me just add to this post. To show how little stock Tech puts into this game compared to the Cajuns the Union Board Christmas event was last night in the Student Center. The fact that Tech didn't bother to coordinate events speaks volumes to me.

Bulldog wmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of lightwmladawg is a glorious beacon of light wmladawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I think it is past time to get Duriji more minutes. He is going to make mistakes, but his athleticism is too dynamic to waste
    Thank you!! I have been saying this since game 1 about Duruji!! I also think we should have been using full court pressure much more during this game.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Let me just add to this post. To show how little stock Tech puts into this game compared to the Cajuns the Union Board Christmas event was last night in the Student Center. The fact that Tech didn't bother to coordinate events speaks volumes to me.
    I'd chalk that up more to just total lack of coordination than anything specific to ULL. That seems more likely to me based on past actions.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Angry Re: 12/12 MBB vs UL-Lafayette

I made it to the game last night. I was very disappointed in our team.
    Too man T/O.
    Too man lazy passes.
    Too many lose balls that we didn't get.
    Too many open shots given up by the defense.
    Too many baskets given up in the paint.
    Too many second chances given up by our team.
    REBOUND THE BALL!
    ULL was better than us last night.
    It was their State Championship.
    We need some toughness.
    We need a ball stopper.
    We need a dog on defense.
    My two kids for ULL played well. I am happy for them.
    Sorry Adam McGuirt for banging on your leg every time we missed a rebound.

+ Reply to Thread