+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C-USA: Where do we stand?

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: C-USA: Where do we stand?

Can't drop bowling. It is the cheapest sport we sponsor and solves a lot of title 9 issues.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Can't drop bowling. It is the cheapest sport we sponsor and solves a lot of title 9 issues.
    Not if we pick up swimming/diving with a facility/upkeep already paid for by the students

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

II think we need women's swimming/diving, men's soccer, and women's golf.. don't really see anything we should drop though except maybe women's bowling, but that's just my opinion and the fact i have absolutely no interest at all in bowling

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Not if we pick up swimming/diving with a facility/upkeep already paid for by the students
    Plus, it would trade 1 sport for 2 sports and double the number of females involved in Tech sports.

Tech would be the 7th member of the new CUSA with women's swimming and diving.
    ECU
    Marshall
    Rice
    Tulane
    UNT
    FIU

Puppy ptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her gameptaylor is on top of his/her game

Division I Golf Championship field announced today: East Carolina, Tulsa, Charlotte, North Texas, and UAB made the field.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguylatech View Post
    II think we need women's swimming/diving, men's soccer, and women's golf.. don't really see anything we should drop though except maybe women's bowling, but that's just my opinion and the fact i have absolutely no interest at all in bowling
    Why do we need more than 16 sports? How will we fund them and compete when all of our other sports will have the smallest budgets in C-USA? BTW Squire Creek will not take in a women's golf team.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Plus, it would trade 1 sport for 2 sports and double the number of females involved in Tech sports.
    Swimming and diving is one sport.

Swimming and diving has 14 scholarships, and bolwing has 5 scholarships.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Swimming and diving is one sport.

Swimming and diving has 14 scholarships, and bolwing has 5 scholarships.
    They're counted as 1? Don't know why that's surprising to me.

There may be only 5 bowling scholarships, but there are 9 Lady Techsters listed on the roster. And quick glances of the other 6 schools that have WSD look at have about 20-25 participating members. I doubt all of them are on sports scholarship.

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

Why do we need more than 16 sports? How will we fund them when all of our other sports will have the smallest budgets in C-USA? BTW Squire Creek will not take in a women's golf team.
    I don't think we need more than 16 sports.. thats why I said I couldn't see any other sports other than women's bowling to drop.. as much as I'd like to see those sports added, I don't know that it is feasable to do.. also it was stated that bowling was one of our cheapest sports to fund, so I really don't see why we would drop it

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Their counted as 1? Don't know why that's surprising to me.

There may be only 5 scholarships, but there are 9 listed on the roster. And quick glances of the other 6 schools that have WSD look at have about 20 participating members.
    You can split up bowling and swimming/diving scholarships unlike football, basketball, gymnastics, tennis, and volleyball, and there are probably some walk-ons, too.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Just make sure we keep the female swimmers away from carrots, Marshall coeds have learned that the hard way...

LA Tech Scholarship Breakdown

Headcount Sports (full scholarships)
    85 - Football
    13 - Men's Basketball
    15 - Women's Basketball
    12 - Women's Volleyball
    8 - Women's Tennis

Equivalency Sports (partial scholarships)
    11.7 - Baseball
    12 - Softball
    14 - Women's Soccer
    12.6 - Men's Cross Country and Indoor/Outdoor Track & Field
    18 - Women's Cross Country and Indoor/Outdoor Track & Field
    4.5 - Men's Golf
    5 - Women's Bowling

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Why do we need more than 16 sports? How will we fund them and compete when all of our other sports will have the smallest budgets in C-USA? BTW Squire Creek will not take in a women's golf team.
    Why will Squire Creek not take women's golf?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Oh no. Not true. Tyler told us that UNT doesn't get any press in DFW and in fact they aren't even located in DFW. :icon_wink:
    That teacher's college isn't even in Texas as far as I'm concerned, what are you talking about?

Varsity Bulldog MG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the earsMG61 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    u

Well, UNT won 20 something games and went to the NCAA tournament in 2011. UNT also competed well in the big dance. They also won 18 to 20 more games in 2012 and just got their coach (Johnny Jones) hired away by LSU this spring, I believe.

The Mean Green's men's basketball team has gotten a lot of positive press here in DFW the last 2 years. They also signed a nice recruiting class this year. Trust me when I say we'll have our hands full. We always do in men's bb.

HD
    ESPN - UNT Potential Top 25 Team
    http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...l-top-25-team/

+ Reply to Thread