+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Games

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Other Games

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Nah, it’s just hard to take a team seriously who plays half a conference schedule in the ACC, which lately is like the AAC 2.0. And they have played 2 ranked teams and Wisky is “meh” at best in addition to a loss to Cincy.
    Yet, you think Cincy deserves a CFP spot. That makes no sense.

Well, first, Cincy has to beat a pretty good Houston team. No one is talking about UH, not a mention, nada, and so they sit there, 11-1, and quietly waiting to ambush Cincy. Just saying...

But, let's say Cincy does get by the Cougars, who has Cincy beaten? If you read the national blogs G5s don't count. The AAC, with the possible exceptions of Cincy and Houston, is very weak so none of Cincy's conference wins amount to anything that matters. Cincy's four non-conf games were: Miami(O), Murray State, Indiana (2-10), and a horrible, over-rated, crappy Notre Dame team! Although all of you think otherwise, I say ND is the best of those four, and they suck!! Nope, sorry, Cincy's resume' simply doesn't measure up. No CFPs for them.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Let me be clear, the only reason Cincy deserves it in my opinion is because they beat ND. I just don’t think ND is a top 4 team. So, Cincy, by way of an undefeated season, should get the nod.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Let me be clear, the only reason Cincy deserves it in my opinion is because they beat ND. I just don’t think ND is a top 4 team. So, Cincy, by way of an undefeated season, should get the nod.
    Ahead of Notre Dame, absolutely. Cincinnati probably makes it in with a win unless Alabama, Michigan, and Oklahoma State all win. Notre Dame shouldn't get a sniff unless two out of those three plus Cincinnati lose.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

UGA is probably already in, even with a loss to Bama. But, this is for sure: UGA, Bama, Michigan, Oklahoma State all control their own destinies. Win their CCG and they are in the CFP. If UGA beats Bama, then Bama is definitely on the bubble and will only get in if either or both Mich. and OK State lose their CGs.

I think if Bama beats UGA then the CFP will be those four: Bama, UGA, Mich, and OK State, again provided they win their game.

I HOPE Bama, Mich, and OK State all lose their CGs and throw this into total turmoil. Force the committee to show its true colors..

And, I will say it again, no one is even talking about Houston. Everyone seems to assume it'll be a 13-0 Cincy sitting there waiting for the invitation. Not so fast, my friend! Houston is as good as Cincy and VERY capable of knocking them off. And right now the whole CFB world is giving them tons of bulletin board material... I'll go as far as to predict a Houston win.

As for Notre Dame, all you haters aside, I have also posted I don't think ND has the resume' to be considered based strictly on their own merit. But, if chaos happens and the clear favorites get beat this week, then ND comes into consideration...yes, through the back door, but they will be considered.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Normally the rooting interest would be team from our division (especially if we didn't play the other team).

But even it isn't looking great for them at the moment, I'm very much rooting for the Hilltoppers.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Unfortunately, roadrunners win CUSA.

Dream season for them, but obviously once they announced they were leaving, you've got to pull against them winning the conference.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Unfortunately, roadrunners win CUSA.

Dream season for them, but obviously once they announced they were leaving, you've got to pull against them winning the conference.
    I was happy to see the attendance and buzz to the game. To the casual observer, you would have thought you were watching a P5 conference championship game instead of C-USA. I guess it makes it suck even more UTSA is leaving C-USA.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I was happy to see the attendance and buzz to the game. To the casual observer, you would have thought you were watching a P5 conference championship game instead of C-USA. I guess it makes it suck even more UTSA is leaving C-USA.
    Always disliked UTSA after the dirty Cooker coached teams.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

What’s a conference championship?

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    What’s a conference championship?
    For us, it's something that comes with a coach named "Sonny."

I suppose for the next year, for sure, and probably for several years we'll be bringing up Holtz's failures in comparison to Cumbie's accomplishments (), so might as well start now. UTSA has had 10 years of football, and entered CUSA in 2013, Holtz's first year here. UTSA is currently 0-2 in bowls all time. Holtz was 6-1 during that time period...advantage Holtz. But UTSA is conference champ and has 12 wins, probably heading to 13. Holtz's best year was one 10-win season.

And UTSA is just one example of a program that came much later into FBS football, like Liberty, Coastal Carolina, etc. all of whom have already surpassed anything Holtz could accomplish. Whew! I am so thrilled he is gone.

Ya know, Skippy should go coach the Detroit Lions. That's a perfect fit. The Lions is one of the oldest NFL franchises and one of five who have never even played in a Super Bowl, 27 of 32 current NFL teams have reached the SB at least one time. The Lions enjoyed many decades of a head start yet has been passed by many franchises who came along later. Perfect fit for a loser coach...

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Speaking of the new coach, he was at the Neville game last night shaking hands.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Always disliked UTSA after the dirty Cooker coached teams.
    They played dirty in Ruston this year. It’s who they are.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And UTSA is just one example of a program that came much later into FBS football, like Liberty, Coastal Carolina, etc. all of whom have already surpassed anything Holtz could accomplish...
    Those schools don’t have to work as hard as Tech does. UTSA had what looked like 40,000 at the game last night. I doubt Tech will ever have that. Liberty pays their coach 4 times what Tech pays its highest-paid coach ever. I know nothing about Coastal. They didn’t pass Holtz, they have advantages Tech will never have.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

All about coaching..relationships with not only players, but HS coaches, etc...cant leave the
    "Jimmy and the Joes" out, but it starts with that...I believe we have a "winner"...but only time will tell...and I'll say(ad nauseam), we CAN'T handicap the man with crappy assistant salaries...which, unfortunately, I see is happening still...need a minimum of 2M pool for assistants..yeah, they gave him a "little bump"..but it's chicken feed..though next season will be a"pass", I think you'll be able to tell very quickly if we've got the "guy'..

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Those schools don’t have to work as hard as Tech does. UTSA had what looked like 40,000 at the game last night. I doubt Tech will ever have that. Liberty pays their coach 4 times what Tech pays its highest-paid coach ever. I know nothing about Coastal. They didn’t pass Holtz, they have advantages Tech will never have.
    At a 11-1, they better draw 40k in a city as large as San Antonio.

+ Reply to Thread