+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Livas Has 'Strong Showing' at Saints Workout

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: Livas Has 'Strong Showing' at Saints Workout

There's nothing more I would like to see then Phillip Livas running back TDs for my Saints, but I'm terrified at what will happen to him that first time he gets nailed by a NFL Linebacker... He's a special talent, but very brittle.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    There's nothing more I would like to see then Phillip Livas running back TDs for my Saints, but I'm terrified at what will happen to him that first time he gets nailed by a NFL Linebacker... He's a special talent, but very brittle.
    None of Livas's injuries came from getting hit. I even remember him putting a LB on his butt in BR one Saturday night.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Turf toe don't make you brittle. And that boy is so fast I'd like to see who could touch him to nail him. Livas is not brittle. He may be little, but he ain't brittle. :icon_wink:

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Then again... EVERYONE in the NFL is fast.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I don't expect the Saints or anyone else to draft Livas in the sixth round. His height will scare some people and will make them look at him strictly as a kick returner and not as someone they would use in their offense. If anyone can find a way to get Livas the ball "in space", it's Sean Payton. But, they will most likely use him returning kicks and punts.

It would be awesome to see him make the team, but he will definitely have to earn it. The Saints might get rid of Courtney Roby because of salary and the rules change on kickoffs, but Roby also made a lot of plays covering kicks, not just returning them. I don't know if Livas will be able to make contributions in other places because of his size and injury problems.

It's always tough to make an NFL roster, but I hope he makes it. He is always fun to watch.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I hope he is Mr. Irrelevant....

If you are going to be drafted in the late rounds, you might as well be last and get the swag that goes along with it -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I don't expect the Saints or anyone else to draft Livas in the sixth round. His height will scare some people and will make them look at him strictly as a kick returner and not as someone they would use in their offense. If anyone can find a way to get Livas the ball "in space", it's Sean Payton. But, they will most likely use him returning kicks and punts.

It would be awesome to see him make the team, but he will definitely have to earn it. The Saints might get rid of Courtney Roby because of salary and the rules change on kickoffs, but Roby also made a lot of plays covering kicks, not just returning them. I don't know if Livas will be able to make contributions in other places because of his size and injury problems.

It's always tough to make an NFL roster, but I hope he makes it. He is always fun to watch.
    Roby was pretty seriously hurt toward t6he end of the season.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Roby was pretty seriously hurt toward t6he end of the season.
    Yes he was. I would not be at all surprised if they let him go. His injury, the change in kickoff rules, and his salary compared to a rookie all adds up to him being released.

I just hope that Livas can prove himself in some area other than kick returner. Since they changed the rules on kickoffs, if kickoff return is all you can do, then you probably won't make a roster unless your name is Devin Hester.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

What is the new kickoff rule?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Moving it back up to the 35 I believe....

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Moving it back up to the 35 I believe....
    So instead of starting on the 20, they'll start on the 35? Why don't we just shorten the field to 50 yards?

It was on the 30 not the 20 (kick-offs)....

Touchbacks will still get the ball on the 20

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    So instead of starting on the 20, they'll start on the 35? Why don't we just shorten the field to 50 yards?
    For the last several years, NFL kickers have been kicking the ball from the 30 yard line on kickoffs. This season they are changing the rule, and kickoffs will now be from the 35. Everyone believes that the rule change will result in more touchbacks (still spotted at the 20) on kickoffs, which means that kick returners will not be as valuable. That's one reason why the Saints are more likely to go with a guy like Livas (pay him less because he's a rookie) over a guy like Courtney Roby. The problem for Livas will be making the team by proving himself in other ways. If KR is a diminished position, then he probably can't make the team on that alone. And, a guy his size is going to have trouble proving himself at other positions. Even Devin Hester was recruited as a DB and can play WR if needed.

I hope Livas makes it. It would be great to see him in a Saints uniform. Having a 5'6" kick returner would be something you would hear about a lot on ESPN...especially if they can follow it up with a video of him taking a kick to the house with 4.3 speed.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

WHEN he makes it to an NFL team, will his nickname change from "Saturday Night Livas" to "Sunday Afternoon Livas"?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Even with the kick off change, these teams still need punt returners!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread