+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Exodus Begins

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: The Exodus Begins

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    The difference is that Cumbie was left an empty locker room. Most of those players on the roster probably should have never been recruited. Holtz phoned in recruiting the last several years. Credit to Cumbie for going out and bringing in transfers and contributors. I would say a lot of our starters this year weren't even on the team last year.

Hester didn't have an empty locker room. He had the same squad Konkol had minus Lofton plus a healthy Crawford. This should have been a decent year. Instead it looked like keystone cops. Often with the team in disarray.

As I said, year two will be telling. He went 15-18 this year with a 2nd round tournament bounce. (BTW once he lost Cobe - the season was done) If he drops down to single digit wins this coming season it will be a long road to recovery. I hope he knows what he's doing bringing in California Jucos.
    Both coaches struggled last year. There is no pass for Cumbie - he brought in his QB and stayed with him far too long. The players Hester lost haven't killed it in the portal so far. Neither had a stellar season- and both must improve this year.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

No comparison between the two sports. Need about 9 for MBB. Need about 35 for football. Hester had his guys, but ran them off.
    ''

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Both coaches struggled last year. There is no pass for Cumbie - he brought in his QB and stayed with him far too long. The players Hester lost haven't killed it in the portal so far. Neither had a stellar season- and both must improve this year.
    Just keep believing that -

Hester isn't HC material - you can look at his coaching staff and operations staff and see that -

Pre-season last year in all his engagements he was touting he had NO SET OFFENSE OR OFFENSIVE schemes - I knew that spelled trouble going in

Junior wasn't a world beater last year - his cast bailed him out a lot of times

If this year's cast was so bad - then how did we manage to lose so many games in the last five minutes? that's more on the coach than the players

What scares me is who he is bringing in more than anything - look at who we are competing against for their services and the offers they have - it's really bad...

APR kicks in next year again - all this bouncing around is fixing to stop and when it does we are going to be at the bottom of the bucket looking up
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Just keep believing that -

Hester isn't HC material - you can look at his coaching staff and operations staff and see that -

Pre-season last year in all his engagements he was touting he had NO SET OFFENSE OR OFFENSIVE schemes - I knew that spelled trouble going in

Junior wasn't a world beater last year - his cast bailed him out a lot of times

If this year's cast was so bad - then how did we manage to lose so many games in the last five minutes? that's more on the coach than the players

What scares me is who he is bringing in more than anything - look at who we are competing against for their services and the offers they have - it's really bad...

APR kicks in next year again - all this bouncing around is fixing to stop and when it does we are going to be at the bottom of the bucket looking up
    You confused my response with having faith that he will succeed- I do not. I just believe nothing is going to happen without another year to show what he can or cannot do. I have always believed as you do that he is NOT a good coach- but once his players are here and he has "his" players there will be no arguing that. I am also concerned if we are dreadful next year they will not get rid of him- hopefully that is not correct. I was not impressed at all with either coach last year. And yes, both have to do better this year. Cumbie appears to be making changes after learning that you need a QB that can play and having plenty of time to recruit. I hope Hester is able to pull off the unexpected and have a better season next year as I expect football will. I would love for both of us to be wrong and see TECH succeed.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Jerry Lloyd went from a 7-win season to a 2-win season the following year. THIS is what I was hoping to avoid by firing Hester now (this year). But no, LA Tech has to do everything the HARD way.

Head coaching record

Louisiana Tech (American South Conference) (1989–1991)
    1989-1990 Louisiana Tech 20-8 8-2 T-1st NIT 1st Round
    1990-1991 Louisiana Tech 21-10 8-4 NCAA Tournament 1st Round
    Louisiana Tech: 41-18 16-6
    Louisiana Tech (Sun Belt Conference) (1991–1994)
    1991-1992 Louisiana Tech 22-9 13-3 1st NIT 1st Round
    1992-1993 Louisiana Tech 7-21 4-16
    1993-1994 Louisiana Tech 2-25 0-18
    Louisiana Tech: 31-55 17-37
    Dillard (Gulf Coast Athletic Conference) (1994–1998)
    1994-1995 Dillard 16-16 7-9 T-5th
    1995-1996 Dillard 26-7 15-3 1st
    1996-1997 Dillard 20-13 13-5 1st NAIA Division I Men's Tournament 2nd Round
    1997-1998 Dillard 20-14 11-7 5th
    Dillard: 84-40 46-24
    Total: 156-113
    More striking to me is going from three 20+ win seasons in a row to a 2 win season two seasons after the third of the 20+ win seasons. What in the world happened? I was living in GA at the time and wasn't really following Tech sports that much since it wasn't as easy to do back then in the pre-Internet days.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    More striking to me is going from three 20+ win seasons in a row to a 2 win season two seasons after the third of the 20+ win seasons. What in the world happened? I was living in GA at the time and wasn't really following Tech sports that much since it wasn't as easy to do back then in the pre-Internet days.
    He ran out of players that Tommy Joe recruited and signed...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I spoke with P J Brown last year and he marveled that he played on the last Tech team to dance in 1991. He said given the talent Tech has had it seems impossible for that to be true. I agree. Too much talent for us not to have danced several times, I dare say, a "bunch" of times.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

He ran out of players that Tommy Joe recruited and signed...
    Exactly!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I spoke with P J Brown last year and he marveled that he played on the last Tech team to dance in 1991. He said given the talent Tech has had it seems impossible for that to be true. I agree. Too much talent for us not to have danced several times, I dare say, a "bunch" of times.
    And the sad thing is that several of White and Konkol’s teams would have mopped up most middling teams from big conferences that made the tourney.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Got a tall one coming in. https://twitter.com/JohnSartoriTV/status/1650254149534007298?s=20

Texas Tech's Daniel Batcho. I think there is some potential there.

I saw where Atlanta, TX's Daimion Collins is leaving Kentucky. Maybe he would like to play somewhere close to home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Got a tall one coming in. https://twitter.com/JohnSartoriTV/status/1650254149534007298?s=20

Texas Tech's Daniel Batcho. I think there is some potential there.

I saw where Atlanta, TX's Daimion Collins is leaving Kentucky. Maybe he would like to play somewhere close to home.
    We are his 3rd D1 school and he is just a junior...

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

The coach that brought him to Arizona was fired after a corruption scandal, then his coach at Texas Tech resigned for using "racially insensitive" terms. I don't blame him for moving around.
    After 12 seasons as head coach, Miller was fired by Arizona on April 7, 2021.[25] On December 14th, the IARP ruled in the 2017–18 NCAA Division I men's basketball corruption scandal Arizona & Miller were forced to vacate all regular-season, conference and NCAA Tournament wins in which Alkins competed during 2016-17 and 2017–18, plus the two exhibition games in Spain in August 2017 that Pinder played in.
    On March 5, 2023, Texas Tech University announced that they have suspended Coach Adams for using "racially insensitive" terms and possibly spitting on a player; Corey Williams led the team in the Big 12 tournament. On March 8, Adams resigned his position.

Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough

It remains to be seen if Hester is a good head coach. I think he will improve in year two just like Konkol did. His recruiting looks like his strong point.

Hester is our coach for now and I hope he succeeds. With what he has brought in, we certainly have a chance to go big when we need to.

I hope we get Buggs and maybe a couple of guards with length.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    then his coach at Texas Tech resigned for using "racially insensitive" terms. I don't blame him for moving around.
    That's a little misleading -

The main reason Mark Adams was released because he was putting personal notes with biblical scriptures in his players' lockers to encourage his players - both as a disciplinary reason and a complimentary reasons

Sean Miller at U of A was a very good coach and got caught up in the same type mess as Will Wade at LSU - he is now at Xavier and took them to the dance

It's still his third program in three years...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

That's a little misleading -

The main reason Mark Adams was released because he was putting personal notes with biblical scriptures in his players' lockers to encourage his players - both as a disciplinary reason and a complimentary reasons

Sean Miller at U of A was a very good coach and got caught up in the same type mess as Will Wade at LSU - he is now at Xavier and took them to the dance

It's still his third program in three years...
    I had to LOL about the scripture notes if I get the impression correctly.

Mine has chapel every day at 9 am. They take roll. The coach just took the entire team on an overnight camping trip. ENTIRE TEAM! Nobody drowned. ;-) Lots of food, sand volleyball, skeet shooting, sand bag games. Oh team has been to national playoffs 5 of last 7 years. The coach there is solid on the brotherhood angle.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread